The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Adventures in the Rim - Prologue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures in the Rim - Delkarnu -> Adventures in the Rim - Prologue Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tihr drops his head to his hands as he sits in the lounge, feeling the jolts of the ship. "Why can't anything be easy? . . . . Anything . . . . Ever.", he says to himself at normal volume. He stands up and starts walking to the cockpit, knowing there isn't much he can do, except get more and more aggravated every time the ship is shaken and he is thrown against the hallway wall. He will try to assess the situation as he gets to the cockpit without upsetting the coordination of the crew.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral


Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 3102
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"R5, patch me into communications. Broadcast on all standard hailing frequencies... Gabrik, Dismas, what's on sensors?" He waits a moment for R5 to give him the go ahead that the comm is ready before sending his hail, "This is Geldriv of the Nova Gale, cease your attack, we are not aggressors"

OOC - I didn't see if the ship had a name anywhere, so I made one up... if it was named already, I said that name Razz
_________________
Hotaru no Hishou; a messageboard about games, friends and nothing at all.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral


Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Posts: 3758
Location: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I already told you. Aft-port, and hot!"

Dismas glances back at the sensors to see if anything new has come up.
_________________
"I take orders from just one person: Me!"

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral


Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 3102
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switching to the internal comm, Geldriv responds, "I need more detail, Dismas!"
_________________
Hotaru no Hishou; a messageboard about games, friends and nothing at all.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Delkarnu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 190
Location: Saratoga Springs, Upstate NY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The display in front of you lights up as R5 transfers the sensor controls to your screen. The amount of debris plays havoc with anything beyond the wreckage, but you seem to see a the gravitational forces of a planet behind it. You are able to see that the other ship had taken severe damage to its engines which is where the unidentified ship seems to be aiming for.

The unidentified ship behind you matches the profile of a YU-410, but the energy output does not seem to match. Sensors registered shield impacts from Jerrol's shots, and only two weapons are firing, though this model should have two additional turrets.

There is no response to your hail.
_________________
This new hand, it's a fightin' hand!


Last edited by Delkarnu on Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
obidancer
Commander
Commander


Joined: 20 Mar 2004
Posts: 261
Location: New York, NY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katan gets ready to blast the bigger debris that would potentialy collide with and damage the ship.
Gabrik, how fast can you manoeuver us out of the debris zone? We're blind and vulnerable staying here too long! And the ship behind might just be defending his prize or something like that. Salvagers aren't uncommon in this part of the galaxy, right?
_________________
www.obidancer.com - RPG Character Portraits and Art.
Malicia "Rogue" Darkholmes - Character in Alcon's Thractin Campaign
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vong
Jedi


Joined: 30 Aug 2006
Posts: 6741
Location: Ottawa, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerrol ceases fireing for now receiving Geldriv telepathic impressions that he wants to try to resolve this peacefully. He keeps targeting the ship, just stops firing.
_________________
The Vong have Arrived

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral


Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 3102
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geldriv mutters to himself, "That ship shouldn't have shields... and why aren't the other turrets firing... what the frell is going on here?" He tries to get more information on the situation by first focusing a scan on the aggressor ship, then on the damaged defender, all the while trusting that Gabrik would bring them out of the debris and keep them safe.
_________________
Hotaru no Hishou; a messageboard about games, friends and nothing at all.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Herglic_w/o_a_head
Cadet
Cadet


Joined: 26 Nov 2008
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabrik, after having studied the scene as it had began to unfold begins to get ready for a turn out and away from the planet and the attacking ship but before he does this he coms the rest of the ship "Good idea Katan, keep trying to blast the bigger debris up at the for and Jerrol try destroying the debris on the side of the ship closest to the planet to allow us to bring up the shields, so I can turn without fearing damage" He then tries to put more power to the shields.


ooc: Power the shields more
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 64
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R5-Q1 pops open his fire extinguisher compartment in preparation should the ship require his services.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Delkarnu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 190
Location: Saratoga Springs, Upstate NY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One piece of debris explodes from laser blasts, blocking one of the shots from behind. Then the whole ship shakes as the second shot hits the rear of the ship. Sparks fly and small fires erupt in the engine bay. Gabrik steers the ship around one large piece of debris while Katan blasts a second chuck out of the sky ahead.

GM Note: Gabrik: Dismas is currently in the co-pilot role currently, he can handle shields. If you want to adjust them yourself, you can, but you still have to maneuver through the debris and dodge incoming shots, didn't ding you with the extra MAP this time.
_________________
This new hand, it's a fightin' hand!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 64
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R5-Q1 unplugs and starts moving towards the fires in the engine bay, all the way cursing multiple profanities in Binary. Should he run across any fires on the way to the engine bay he will put them out, but his main concern is extinguishing the fires in the engine bay area.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Delkarnu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 190
Location: Saratoga Springs, Upstate NY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the fires are small, and easily extinguished. You can see damage to the hyperdrive, but you are not sure how severe the damage is.
_________________
This new hand, it's a fightin' hand!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 64
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delkarnu wrote:
Most of the fires are small, and easily extinguished. You can see damage to the hyperdrive, but you are not sure how severe the damage is.


R5 plugs into the hyperdrive computer to diagnose the damage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
obidancer
Commander
Commander


Joined: 20 Mar 2004
Posts: 261
Location: New York, NY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bad feeling about this.
Katan continues to look out for debris to blast out of the way, though he awaits the orders from the Captain. He knows if the other ship keeps firing it soon going turn into a big fight.
_________________
www.obidancer.com - RPG Character Portraits and Art.
Malicia "Rogue" Darkholmes - Character in Alcon's Thractin Campaign
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures in the Rim - Delkarnu All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0