The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Chapter Two - The Obsidian Captain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tales of the Jedi: The Silent Sect - THK -> Chapter Two - The Obsidian Captain Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THK
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Chapter Two - The Obsidian Captain Reply with quote

NARRATOR: Survivors of the Dark Side's tentacles...they all were. DUN and FOHCLOM survived twice now...The Jedi and Freedom Warrior had proven themselves, as had the others who managed to escape slavery in the beast ship's depths...but the mission was far from over. As a team, they were entering the innards of the beast, and being within the beast they could do much damage to it...far more than single fighters could do in the surrounding space. Like all living bodies, there were internal measures set up to fight against foreign invaders...HK-10As, security patrols, and mercenaries served as the beasts antibodies...The team of invaders knew the mission, but still didn't know who it was who captained the beast...except for one of them. Only Jedi Master CHUN knew who captained the beast; he knew his son's visage, but he didn't know his heart or his mind...The Jedi Master used the Force to calm himself...He didn't want to think about what he would see when he made it to the bridge...but he had to think about it...His son had shown what he was capable of, and he knew the younger ones and the survivors needed to be protected. There would be no more casualties...

HK-10P: (simple request) As you say Mistress Kora...I recognize failure but know what I'm capable of. I can still make matters right...but I do have one request. Once outside the bay, I wish to lock the door behind us to protect our means of escape from another greeting party. You hands have more degrees of freedom than mine, and your meathooks are much more flexible. I need you to access the security panel from under the keypad and remove the yellow wire connection. That should disable the door.

CHUN: I'd hold on that idea HK...A veteran in a security patrol will notice the disconnected wire...I have a different idea on jamming the doorway...I need everyone who is exiting the bay to form up by the door...

HK-10P: (statement) I am at your order Master Jedi...

NARRATOR: The droid moved towards the doorway and stood off to the side. It pointed its blast rifle towards the closed door at a diagonal. CHORRO moved in front of the door and raised his lightsaber up in a defensive position...He waited for the others and CHUN's word to open the door...Suddenly, from within the ship, FOHCLOM came running out towards the group, but said nothing...He kicked the anti-aircraft gun's wheel-locks and carted the weapon off towards the ship...

FOHCLOM: Sorry Master Jedi...there are some things that I just have to acquire...It will make an excellent door greeter for anything that makes it past your plan...(he waits a few seconds to see what CHUN says)...

CHUN: Request granted...Please look before you shoot though.

FOHCLOM: I would never do anything less...
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling his reptillian skin flushing with his constant, deep connection to the Force, Xandor feels as though new insights have begun to make themselves known to him. While nothing could replace the direct instruction handed down from a Master, the Force proved yet again that it would do as it willed; Xandor felt the ebb and flow at a deeper, more primeval level than he'd ever experienced before. He reasoned this to be directly related to his willingness to open himself to it, to allow it to channel his actions at a level he'd previously been guarded against. The reward of greater understanding flooded through his very cells as he gripped the hilt of his lightsaber; a smile crossed his lips, lighting up his face. Looking at Master Chun he said, "On my way, Master. Have you any specific instructions for our foray into the beast?"
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlis stand just outside the doorway, continuing to listen for the faintest of noises from further down the halls to ensure the party is not blindsided while establishing their further plans. He says nothing just continues kneeling on one knee with his lightsaber in hand but retracted.
Kora Tyr
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Of course." she took up her spot.
Well, I'm still here and he's a ghost
Obi Wan Kenobi (Weir Al)
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Myshalla took her position, & readied her trusty Pulse-wave pistol. She made certain that her other acquisitions were ready for use as well, if need be. She would have liked to stock up on more clips for her weapons, but time was of the essence. She knew her Melee skill might be of use after all! Excited she responded with the rest:

..."Ready Master!"
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drake grinned feraly... "Lets go slay this beast."
THK
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NARRATOR: The raiders of the beast gathered, and as the anti-aircraft weapon was being given a function check by FOHCLOM, Master CHUN ordered the raiders after him into the corridor outside the bay...The corridor ran from port to starboard for nearly one hundred meters each way...There were adjoining passageways, but they were closed off by blast doors.

HK-10P: (directional input) Head to port side for upper decks, starboard for lower decks...The captives are in the lower decks.

MASTER CHUN: The walls are wide enough to travel and not be bunched up, there is safety in numbers...Unless anyone wishes to split up, I will be going to the lower decks.

NARRATOR: With a last glance into the bay, MASTER CHUN raised both hands and concentrated...his eyes shut...He didn't need to see the thousands of pounds of broken freighter hull as it was lifted over and set down gently on the deck in front of the blast door...The Force guided him as he used it...It would take hours for a torch crew to cut through...

CHUN: That should hold them off...we need to locate this vessel's schematics as quickly as possible...but first, we must rescue the captives.

HK-10P: (query) How are we to get through when we get back?

CHUN: I will push it aside...and if I fall, the Jedi have their lightsabers...and if the Jedi fall, then you and the others will need to find another way into the hangar bay...It may come to using the ventilation system...I noticed several ducts inside the bay...

Last edited by THK on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlis reconcentrates his efforts toward the starboard for the lower decks and tries to ensure there is no immediate threat. "Sir, I will follow you to the lower decks."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xandor looks at Master Chun and says, "I realize your skills are far superior to ours...however, Master, would you not care to have at least one or two of us with you?" He hefts the hilt of his lightsaber. "I, for one, would be honored to accompany you."
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Myshalla was with the others on the point:

..."Master, are we not strongest when together?! I can understand the need to handle 'you know who', but shouldn't rescuing the remaining captives be of greater priority at the moment? Then the problem can be dealt with without diversion or distraction."

...Although she didn't want to admit it, she agreed in principle of not putting all the eggs in one basket--at least one needed to succeed & dividing the enemy's attention gave them greater chances. But she also knew that if Master Chun fell, then they had as much a chance of success as a snowball in a blast furnace (i.e., not a frekkin' chance). They didn't have the schematics which made wandering counterproductive without reconnoitering--they weren't going to save anyone if they got lost--& though solo ops were part of her Freedom Warrior training, she felt this wasn't the right time or place for it.

...Still, she was a soldier & would defer to the Jedi Master's decision.
THK
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NARRATOR: Master CHUN turned from Atlis, Xandor and Myshalla as they all spoke and then smiled...the first full smile they had seen since they had landed.

CHUN: I just wanted to see if anyone wished to go rushing off to face the head of the beast before the heart had been stabbed...and the captives released. I'm pleased that you wish to join me...We must be on our guard though...I sense that our welcoming party was not a good indication of what types of foes we will be encountering in the lower decks...(lowers head momentarily)...and we have already lost one. I sense enemies as primal as the brain of this ship...

CHORRO: They are sentient...barely...We will know when we see them. I sense these beast men, they kill for a living...if one could call it that.

HK-10P: (query) You must be referring to the Gamorreans that are spread out through the beast-ship? (statement) Though they make the HK-10s look like analytical geniuses...one should not underestimate them. They move surprisingly fast for their build, and are strong enough to cut an armored man in two with their axes and sabers. I've seen them...born to slavery and bread to kill in the arenas, the Gamorreans care little for anything else except chopping anyone the boss doesn't like to pieces...They are very proficient at that. You will need...you will need your Force in order to deal with them.

CHORRO: The Force is strong with these raiders...

CHUN: That it is, but be wary. Overconfidence led this ship's captain to the dark side.
Kora Tyr
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Can we get going here?" Kora spoke up. as she assists with the door as best she can.
Well, I'm still here and he's a ghost
Obi Wan Kenobi (Weir Al)
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xandor smiles at Master Chun's words, as well as the broad smile that lit up his face. He twirls his unlit lightsaber hilt in his hand and says, "On our guard we will be, Master. Lead the way; we're with you."
THK
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narrator: The group headed to the right...The starboard lift would take them to the lower decks, where the captives were being held. The enemy was no where to be found near the lift, inside the lift, and on the floor to greet them as they exited the lift after the trek downward...

They moved quietly down the edges of the corridor that led to the captive's work area...Upon reaching the view of the blast door, the raiders saw three HK droids stood watch outside. Their heads scanned the area, and their eyes glowed red in the dim light.

HK-10P: (statement) If we move forward several meters, we will be in their viewing range. I don't know if they've been alerted to my trechery...but they are alerted to the presence of danger...(interrogative) How do you think we should proceed?

Master CHUN: What do you think students? Myshalla? Bron and Kora?

CHORRO: I say we charge in to strike and deflect while keeping a firing avenue down the middle for those with ranged weapons...
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Master, do not think I am questioning your plan, but I think it might be best to allow the element of surprise attack from the ranged attacks to take effect first. An initial barrage of ranged fire followed by the charge with room for follow up shots may well ensure destruction before the melee fighters even reach the droids. No hand to hand combat is sometimes the best hand to hand combat. We have bigger conflicts ahead of us and minimizing our risk now might pay off in the end, but I am prepared to fight either way."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tales of the Jedi: The Silent Sect - THK All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: