The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Chapter Two - The Obsidian Captain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tales of the Jedi: The Silent Sect - THK -> Chapter Two - The Obsidian Captain Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
schnarre
Commander
Commander


Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 321

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Myshalla responded, "I think surprise is warranted here, especially if the droids are on alert." She reached into her belt pouch & took out a small stone...& smiled, "Perhaps the oldest trick in the book can give us a head start, Then it's just a matter of closing the distance before they can respond or sound an alarm," She then looked thoughtfully at the Jedi Master, "The rest of us are not likely to be as quick, but I'm game for trying!"

...'The oldest trick in the book' she referred to was the time-honored tradition of tossing a stone or similar object to get the opponents' attention, allowing opportunity to act.
_________________
The man who thinks he knows everything is most annoying for those of us that do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8448

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xandor indicates his newly acquired weapon. "Master, I honestly cannot tell you the effectiveness of this weapon against a droid target. I was too busy deflecting pulse wave fire to be able to watch it in action. While I do agree that perhaps a ranged assault would be wise before closing in, I must defer to the knowledge of others on whether that is the best course." He hefts his lightsaber hilt. "I KNOW this is effective." His predatory smile returns. "I'll be happy to try a ranged assault, provided our new friends can give me a quick estimate on its effectiveness."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I can't say how strong their armor protection is but I can tell you that at this range and with a little time to set the proper aim that I can easily put a few slugs in at least 1 if not all 3 of those droids' craniums. I am sure the others are just as capable and I suggest that a large barrage right as the charge is initiated will be more than effective unless their armor is similar to our new blue companion here."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THK
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 117
Location: Missouri, just north of Missoura

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HK-10P: (boastful statement) The HK-10A are built for attack...They're lighter and slightly faster than I am...but not enough to make much of a difference. Their armor is comparatively tinny and won't stand up well against most small arms fire as you witnessed in the bay. If you can shoot them in their "craniums"...damage is likely to be severe...
_________________
Dagarthorn's Games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kora Tyr
Ensign
Ensign


Joined: 09 Feb 2009
Posts: 36
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kora listens as they move. Her concerns about scrappy being put at ease regarding his resistance she grinned.

"If we had access to the alarms. A distraction would be doable. Let's where and what we have to work with." she checks the shotgun and pistol.
_________________
Kora Mood music: Wierd Al- The Saga Begins..
And the Jedi I admire most
Met up with Darth Maul and now he's toast
Well, I'm still here and he's a ghost
Obi Wan Kenobi (Weir Al)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We can see them and they are in rifle range. I would prefer to have them remain motionless like they are now. A distraction will only make them harder to hit when they start moving around to figure out what is going on. I think a few aimed shots and then a full assault will make very short work of these droids." Atlis takes a knee and raises his rifle and looks through the sight taking aim at the left most droid and deciding how difficult a shot this is going to be (OOC - trying to estimate the range to the droids). He refines his aim toward the droids head and steadies himself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
schnarre
Commander
Commander


Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 321

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flyboy2002 wrote:
"We can see them and they are in rifle range. I would prefer to have them remain motionless like they are now. A distraction will only make them harder to hit when they start moving around to figure out what is going on. I think a few aimed shots and then a full assault will make very short work of these droids." Atlis takes a knee and raises his rifle and looks through the sight taking aim at the left most droid and deciding how difficult a shot this is going to be (OOC - trying to estimate the range to the droids). He refines his aim toward the droids head and steadies himself.



...Myshalla nodded, "That's a good point! Since most of us now have rifles of some sort, let's each take aim at one so they can all be hit simultaneously...& I think the 'noggin is the right spot to aim ," she finished with a wink to their new droid companion.

...She then pointed to one of them (#1), "I'll fire on that one." She then began to ready her weapon for an aimed shot, but figured on 2-3 shots instead.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC:Since the .45 has better range than her Pulse-wave pistol, she'll be using that instead. She'll spend a full round to aim (for the +1D bonus, as well as the fact that she hasn't used slugthrowers with any regularity & needs to get the right feel of the weapon). Then she'll fire 2 shots.
_________________
The man who thinks he knows everything is most annoying for those of us that do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Falcon79
Commander
Commander


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 408
Location: The Planet of Pensacola Florida

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drake thinks of some shipbord boarding tactics they can use (Roll (S)Tactics: Fleets, THK) and Takes Careful aim at a HK droid and fires when Chun gives the word to.... He then grins and speaks to Myshalla, playfully flirting to ease tension"Smart, tough AND pretty....where have you been all my life???? Getting Back to the subject at hand friends, I know a few shipboard boarding tactics...." (Roll (S)Persuasion: Flirt, THK).

(OOC: Beeen dealing with Texas sized craploads of family crisies and plain forgot till now....... I'm So sorry guys I let you down. Embarassed Sad)
_________________
Not the droid you're looking for.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8448

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xandor expertly twirls his lightsaber and tucks it away within his robes. His hands come out bearing the new firearm; looking it up and down, he quietly checks the action, how many rounds he has for it, and sights down the barrel at an unclaimed droid. "Just give the word, Master," he says quietly, focusing on his aim...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kora Tyr
Ensign
Ensign


Joined: 09 Feb 2009
Posts: 36
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"ready when you are 'short stuff'" she smirks jokingly at Master Chun. Shotgun slung ready to repel any droids that get close. Kora Drew out the .45 to start with aiming.

(As always use dice as needed.)
_________________
Kora Mood music: Wierd Al- The Saga Begins..
And the Jedi I admire most
Met up with Darth Maul and now he's toast
Well, I'm still here and he's a ghost
Obi Wan Kenobi (Weir Al)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8448

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xandor looks down at his shotgun. "Does this particular firearm have the range to hit those droids from here?" he says, looking to their new teammates, knowing that he personally has a broader experience with weapons than most of his fellow Jedi Padawans, but unable to to precisely recall any stats he may have seen on this type of weapon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THK
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 117
Location: Missouri, just north of Missoura

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NARRATOR: The group of raiders remained behind the cover of the wall and out of the droids' view as they prepared to attack.

"Master, do not think I am questioning your plan, but I think it might be best to allow the element of surprise attack from the ranged attacks to take effect first. An initial barrage of ranged fire followed by the charge with room for follow up shots may well ensure destruction before the melee fighters even reach the droids. No hand to hand combat is sometimes the best hand to hand combat. We have bigger conflicts ahead of us and minimizing our risk now might pay off in the end, but I am prepared to fight either way."

CHORRO: I sense that hand to hand combat is...unavoidable.

CHUN: Yes, but Atlis does have a point. I think that anyone who wishes to use their rifles or pistols in this attack, they had best do it atop the small ridge behind us. That way, in case we have to fall back, our ranged support can fire over our heads (points back at the ledge...it is only a few feet difference between the ground floor and Atlis and HK-10P are already standing on the raised floor).

Quote:
Xandor indicates his newly acquired weapon. "Master, I honestly cannot tell you the effectiveness of this weapon against a droid target. I was too busy deflecting pulse wave fire to be able to watch it in action. While I do agree that perhaps a ranged assault would be wise before closing in, I must defer to the knowledge of others on whether that is the best course." He hefts his lightsaber hilt. "I KNOW this is effective." His predatory smile returns. "I'll be happy to try a ranged assault, provided our new friends can give me a quick estimate on its effectiveness."


CHUN: Call me old fashioned, but I would go with what is familiar. Now is not the time to see if you're any good with a shotgun. You can do that until your hearts content on some podunk world with skeet. Go with what you know is effective.

Quote:
..Myshalla responded, "I think surprise is warranted here, especially if the droids are on alert." She reached into her belt pouch & took out a small stone...& smiled, "Perhaps the oldest trick in the book can give us a head start, Then it's just a matter of closing the distance before they can respond or sound an alarm," She then looked thoughtfully at the Jedi Master, "The rest of us are not likely to be as quick, but I'm game for trying!"


HK-10P: (statement) The droids at the end of the hall respond in a logical manner...or at least, that is what they are supposed to do. If I were to see a rock tossed down the hall in an environment where there are no naturally appearing rocks...I would call for reinforcements and not leave my post. That may work to our advantage...or it may backfire.

"I can't say how strong their armor protection is but I can tell you that at this range and with a little time to set the proper aim that I can easily put a few slugs in at least 1 if not all 3 of those droids' craniums. I am sure the others are just as capable and I suggest that a large barrage right as the charge is initiated will be more than effective unless their armor is similar to our new blue companion here."

CHUN: Then I think it is agreed...The marksmen will start us off, and those that prefer melee will charge. I will lead the charge.

"If we had access to the alarms. A distraction would be doable. Let's where and what we have to work with.

HK-10A: (advise) We don't need more droids coming, although I do agree having access to the alarms would be something we could use...We need to silence the alarms...as I recall, that is in the room up north of here on the port side...the starboard door is where your friends are kept, and where your gear is being held.

"We can see them and they are in rifle range. I would prefer to have them remain motionless like they are now. A distraction will only make them harder to hit when they start moving around to figure out what is going on. I think a few aimed shots and then a full assault will make very short work of these droids."

Quote:
...Myshalla nodded, "That's a good point! Since most of us now have rifles of some sort, let's each take aim at one so they can all be hit simultaneously...& I think the 'noggin is the right spot to aim ," she finished with a wink to their new droid companion.

...She then pointed to one of them (#1), "I'll fire on that one." She then began to ready her weapon for an aimed shot, but figured on 2-3 shots instead.


Quote:
Xandor expertly twirls his lightsaber and tucks it away within his robes. His hands come out bearing the new firearm; looking it up and down, he quietly checks the action, how many rounds he has for it, and sights down the barrel at an unclaimed droid. "Just give the word, Master," he says quietly, focusing on his aim...


CHUN: If you're going to use that weapon, don't make your lightsaber unavailable. The time that I've had to use a weapon as such, I've found that it is slow to fire as you have to pump it each time. It is not an automatic shotgun. (each time you shoot it, it takes an action to pump it)


"ready when you are 'short stuff'"


CHUN: May the Force be with you...

Quote:
Drake thinks of some shipbord boarding tactics they can use (Roll (S)Tactics: Fleets, THK) and Takes Careful aim at a HK droid and fires when Chun gives the word to.... He then grins and speaks to Myshalla, playfully flirting to ease tension"Smart, tough AND pretty....where have you been all my life???? Getting Back to the subject at hand friends, I know a few shipboard boarding tactics...." (Roll (S)Persuasion: Flirt, THK).


OOC: Unfortunately, Fleet means fleet...which is ship to ship combat...It doesn't apply to laying siege. If you're not directing ships into battle, you're not using fleet. As for flirting with other players, I'll let schnarre respond to that one. Wink

Quote:
Xandor looks down at his shotgun. "Does this particular firearm have the range to hit those droids from here?" he says, looking to their new teammates, knowing that he personally has a broader experience with weapons than most of his fellow Jedi Padawans, but unable to to precisely recall any stats he may have seen on this type of weapon.


HK-10P: (educated guess) The maximum effective range of the shotgun you carry is right around 75 meters. For targets at that range, you are better off using a blast rifle or slugrifle. The shotgun is best used just out of melee range up to about ten meters. If I were to guess as to whether or not the shotgun will hit and damage the droids, I would say that it would hit and damage the droid...but not nearly as much as if you were closer. At the range they are at which appears to be roughly 30 meters away, I would close the gap and then use it...

NARRATOR: The group continued to make preparations when suddenly, one of the droids broke his resting position and walked across the hallway into the left-most doorway hatch..It disappeared from view. Now there were only two droids.



OCC:I'll let you all reconsider your actions now that you can see. It appears that most everyone's actions are set though...but we'll see.
_________________
Dagarthorn's Games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Falcon79
Commander
Commander


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 408
Location: The Planet of Pensacola Florida

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THK wrote:

Quote:
Drake thinks of some shipbord boarding tactics they can use (Roll (S)Tactics: Fleets, THK) and Takes Careful aim at a HK droid and fires when Chun gives the word to.... He then grins and speaks to Myshalla, playfully flirting to ease tension"Smart, tough AND pretty....where have you been all my life???? Getting Back to the subject at hand friends, I know a few shipboard boarding tactics...." (Roll (S)Persuasion: Flirt, THK).


OOC: Unfortunately, Fleet means fleet...which is ship to ship combat...It doesn't apply to laying siege. If you're not directing ships into battle, you're not using fleet. As for flirting with other players, I'll let schnarre respond to that one. Wink


Well, roll untrained then, as for flirting with Myshalla, I wanted you to roll, give the player the results, and let him decide on wether she takes the bait or not based on the roll or if at all his PC his choice...... Should of been more precise.... LOL.... Wink
_________________
Not the droid you're looking for.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
schnarre
Commander
Commander


Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 321

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon79 wrote:
Drake thinks of some shipbord boarding tactics they can use (Roll (S)Tactics: Fleets, THK) and Takes Careful aim at a HK droid and fires when Chun gives the word to.... He then grins and speaks to Myshalla, playfully flirting to ease tension"Smart, tough AND pretty....where have you been all my life???? Getting Back to the subject at hand friends, I know a few shipboard boarding tactics...." (Roll (S)Persuasion: Flirt, THK).

(OOC: Beeen dealing with Texas sized craploads of family crisies and plain forgot till now....... I'm So sorry guys I let you down. Embarassed Sad)


...Myshalla raised a flirtatious eyebrow as Drake finished. "Who, little old me?!", she replied teasingly, "Maybe it comes with the job description." She knew if word got out, she'd probably be tagged for recruiting for the Freedom Warriors at some point; however, she kept her professionalism about her.

...Seeing the droid leave worried her slightly,& her demeanor grew more serious , "Only two droids remaining, but we can't see where the third went...& it only takes one to raise an alarm. Tactics will indeed be called for I think...but later. Now, let's drop them!"

...With the third droid gone, was possible that they would have to face it later--something she wanted to avoid.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Still firing at designated target--unless that was the one that left, in which case she'll fire at the nearest one (20v, 40h). If not mentioned earlier, she'll burn one CP: having taken 1 round to aim will give her a +1D to her Firearms, & the CP will deal with the penalty for a second shot if needed, though not any reload time (trying to conserve the remaining CPs).

...Take the time you need Falcon--I've been going through stuff myself of late, so you're not alone.
_________________
The man who thinks he knows everything is most annoying for those of us that do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Falcon79
Commander
Commander


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 408
Location: The Planet of Pensacola Florida

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schnarre wrote:

...Myshalla raised a flirtatious eyebrow as Drake finished. "Who, little old me?!", she replied teasingly, "Maybe it comes with the job description."


[Drake smiled, winked and gave a gracious nod and replied, None other, my lady.... We'll need to talk later when the smoke clears..." with that he also takes aim an snaps off a shot working a bit harder to hit the droid as he wasn't as familiar with personal combat, Ship to Ship, Space fighting was more his forte...

-
schnarre wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Still firing at designated target--unless that was the one that left, in which case she'll fire at the nearest one (20v, 40h). If not mentioned earlier, she'll burn one CP: having taken 1 round to aim will give her a +1D to her Firearms, & the CP will deal with the penalty for a second shot if needed, though not any reload time (trying to conserve the remaining CPs).


Drake'll do the same, choosing the other one, but spent 2 CP to aid in hitting the droid in addition to careful aim, and 1 for extra damage to the droid should it connect.
_________________
Not the droid you're looking for.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tales of the Jedi: The Silent Sect - THK All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0