The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Pitch me a Clone Wars adventure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Pitch me a Clone Wars adventure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Pitch me a Clone Wars adventure Reply with quote

Okay, I'm jumping back into the Star Wars GM seat after a hiatus of several years. I want to playtest some combat rules for my SWD6 Legend variant and what better way to do it than throw a couple of players into the Clone Wars.

I have two players. One will play a padawan and the other a clone. I need something challenging that won't TPK them.

This will most likely be a one shot adventure. Ideas please? Twisted Evil
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea for you. Let me hash it out a little bit and I'll post in a few hours.
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let's see... the Clone Wars was a time of two massive armies slugging it out in the galaxy.

So let's take our cue from a modern-day analogy: World War II.

You've only got two PCs and a one-shot adventure, so you're not going to be doing the D-Day invasion.

How about doing Recon work prior to a military operation? The Republic Army is mounting a major offensive in a system, but they need intel on the strength of the fleet in orbit or the number of droids on the ground. The idea is not to engage anything. Stealth is the key and gathering information is the objective. The PCs should not be mowing down droids, but there should be an encounter or two with a few shots fired. If the PCs get detected and reported, their activities will indicate that the Republic military is interested in the system and the Seperatits will reinforce the system.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I did when I started my CW Campaign was put the PC on an backwater world in the Outer Rim. The planet was a colony world with open praires, homesteaders, and an indigenous population. Think Space Western.

All of the Old West animals have Star Wars counterparts, except that the local animals are reptilian rather than mammalian. So they have riding lizards, lizard cattle, sheep lizards and so on. Even the natives who are being displaced are reptilian.

The bank gets robbed and the PCs go after the bandit to help the town (and collect the reward).

The bandit leader is a Toydarian with a pair of bandoleers and a big hat, patterned after Eli Wallach's character in The Good, the Bad & The Ugly.

The main reason why I did this was to give the players a chance to try out the mechanics and learn the rules (no one was familar with d6) in as simple as setting as possible, without having to pick up the setting, rules for starships and the rest all at once.

This kind of approach lets you hold off on things until your players are familiar enough with the basic rules to handle them.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My idea for a Clone Wars game takes place where the jedi padawan and his master are in command of a decent size detachment of clones. Have it so the group has been together for several months, long enough for a bit of a comradery to build between the player clone (make him like a unit sergeant or something) and the padawan. The clones themselves are mildly impressed with the young padawan, he seems to be a fairly competent warrior for being so "fresh out of the pod" as they like to joke frequently, and due to many missions the master and padawan separating due to multiple objectives the sergeant has somewhat taken an interest in the kid, not having any children of his own. My idea consists of two parts, since it'll be a one shot adventure, I'm not really sure how long your one shots go, mine go for quite a bit.

First part consists of the initial mission. This part is somewhat open for what exactly the objectives you want to take out. My first thoughts were that the company's objective is to take out a long range sensor station built by separatist forces or possibly a droid research and manufacturing plant located on a world (choose whatever appropriate terrain you'd like). As per usual master and padawan split up, with the sergeant going with the padawan (like always) this gives them the opportunity to gain a stealthy entrance into the facility and disable the assembly line or knock out one of the main power or computer terminals. The master's objectives are somewhat different, having to gather some intel from another part of the facility or whatever. This initial part, once the team is either discovered or makes their objective, battle ensues fighting off battle droids and SBDs (super battle droids). Giving you your chance to get used to the rules. After objective is completed, or when they've very nearly completed, the second part begins.

Second part: Order 66 is issued, but for some reason, the sergeant is not very compelled to obey, due to the relationship that has manifested with the young padawan. The smaller detachment has suffered some casualties from the earlier battle, but, I would say the squad leader. (Lt. or something to that effect.) is still alive, when he moves in to execute the padawan, give the sergeant the opportunity to execute the clone officer, then begins the attempt to escape from the planet. Due to the fact that it was a separatist facility there will be very few ships there with the life support capabilities needed to be able to support the two making it off of the planet alive. So that leaves them with a few options, which they'll have to do while evading the clone forces, as for the fate of the master, that's up to you. Just getting off the planet can be enough of a challenge that they may not be able to discover his fate.

So, sort of a rough idea. What do you think?
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of your suggestions guys. I see myself being able to implement all of your ideas in one way or another. Sadly I am down to one player. It looks like I'll be running a padawan out on his own style of adventure. He is sent to exchange information with an agent on a lonely backwater world. No one would suspect the Seperatists would have any interest in such a worthless dustball planet but our padawan is going to find out otherwise.

Order 66 is one of those special things I'm saving for the right group at the right time. When the players trust thier clones and Order 66 is the furthest from thier minds.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good.
BreederofPuppets
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a game based during the Clone Wars, but didn't directly invovle the Clone Wars. It took place in a sector of space where the leader was called away to fight the war (some great general I made up) and the evil cousin was put into power. Basically, the good guys and heavy law enforcement has left the galaxy, and the heroes had to deal with the villains having free reign.
baran_i_kanu
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

way, way, way, way to late for this but.......

i've had ideas for a Clone game for a while.

pretty much Inglorious Basterds / Clone Wars

no jedi, all clones. hell maybe even a mercenary or bounty hunter or two.
ARCs, Commandos, and perhaps a few advanced trained troopers backed by a few normal Clones as support.

espionage, salvage, assassinations, infiltrations, etc.
all sorts of ships, armor, weapons, etc available for these special ops. civilian and military models.

1. Infiltrating a traitorous Hutt who's double dealing with the Seperatists (yeah, kinda like Ziro on Clone Wars, except very very dangerous). the Hutt is based either on a backwater planet or a heavily industrialized planet, perhaps even Coruscant.
PC's sent in to retrieve files and make an example out of the Hutt and his henchmen. lots of clone versus bounty scum on this one. explosions and mayhem follow.

2. Stealing a powerful prototype ship from a world friendly to the Seps. The job turns messy (doesn't it always), PC's get to blast their way out. yay!

I downloaded a military mission generator here:
http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=20187&it=1
a buck twenty five. worth every penny. a very useful product.
it fits well with a Clone War game, imho.

if you've another military generator, that would work as well.

to the op: how'd your game turn out, btw.

Dave
Darth_Kjeran
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chello!

Way late as well, but I remember that someone on the Holonet years back posted an idea about running a "Clonetrooper Down" scenario. Essentially, Blackhawk Down set in the Clone Wars. A LAAT goes down and the survivors are pinned down behind Separatist lines and have to escape and evade.

Might be a good idea for a small group. Especially if the Republic is forced to pull out and they have to go all "Red Dawn."
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the idea of a padawan and a clone trooper wandering around in the empire "alias smith and jones" style is too irresistable as an npc duo to run around in the future...
JT Swift
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played in a Clone Wars Campaign for a while and I kept running into one problem. At the end of most stories we had heroically saved Chancellor Palpatine’s planet from the evil grip of Darth Sidious.

Occasionally we lost too and then Darth Sidious would end up seizing a planet from Chancellor Palpatine.
Confused

For Everything about the TARDIS check out
http://www.whoniverse.net/tardis/

For all things Gallifreyan check out
http://meshyfish.com/~roo/index.html
TheFamousTommyZ
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running a Clone Wars game right now, and I'm finding that the way to get around the Sidious-Palpatine stuff is to make the Clone Wars very much a backdrop.

Running a solo game for my son, coming up on the third session and other than battle droid cannon fodder, the only real entanglement with the Clone Wars thus far is coming when Jabba the Hutt "helps" the padawan find his kidnapped master by sending him to a Skakoan strip mining site where a Techno Union administrator is trying to undermine Jabba's deal with the Techno Union for Cortosis ore by cutting him out altogether...but the PC and his friends won't be dealing directly in the ramifcations of the Clone War until Order 66.

Just keeping it on a personal scale. The NPC master is a wookie who the Council pulled from the front lines because they saw him slipping to the Dark Side while giving into his rage on the front lines...but yeah, the grand Palpatine gambit will be handled entirely in the background so my son's wins and losses actually matter...=P
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hexx
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Clone wars campaign idea Reply with quote

I am putting together a campaign with two Mandolorians, one of which was raised in the Jedi Temple, but passed over as a youngling. Thus he focuses on his guns, and is force sensitive. The other is a Mandolorian commando with a hate on for Grievious, after having all her limbs cut off by said General. Now Cybered up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: