The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

rebel ranks and payment
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> rebel ranks and payment Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaintBryan
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:09 am    Post subject: rebel ranks and payment Reply with quote

the issue of ranks and payment in the rebellion has come up in my group They just finished a campaign and were all promoted in rank. I use the ranks listed here, btw:

http://rivendell.fortunecity.com/dark/791/rranks.htm

In the Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, I believe, it says payment for beng a soldier in the Rebellion is a credit per day. I'm assuming that's payment for the lowest rank. All the characters's in my group are now Lieutenants in the Rebel Army. They (and I) were wondering how much they get paid now, and im assuming it's at least slightly more.

anyone have any answers for this or at least any suggestions for reasonable payment?
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our campaigns, the rebels were paid Cr 100 per die of their primary skill each month. Advanced skills and officers were paid Cr 200 per die of skill - for officers that would be command, tactics, or stategy. Thus a professional pilot would be paid Cr 400 each month, a trained rifleman Cr 300, a medical doctor Cr 1,500 (5D first aid=Cr 500 + 5D (A) Medicine=Cr 1,000).

It was explained to the characters, that they should actually be paid twice that, but the Alliance is critically short of cash...

The Alliance also reimbursed the characters for any reasonable expenses for which they could present receipts.
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s funny…I have never even though of rebels being paid before.
I always though or assumed that they just fought the Empire because they where the villains of the galaxy.
It does make some sense though; I mean you can feed your family on good intentions.

I’ll have to remember to bring that up next time I play.
“Sure I’ll take out that section of Storimes…buts how should we handle the payment? Direct deposit or cash?” Laughing Wink
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm good point our characters don't seem to be paid either however as we live on a rebel base and the rebelion covers all of our expenses it doesn't seem to matter

That and we're independantly wealthy (at the moment)
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of embarrasing, our group always has financial trouble when were rebels, because we cant steal and still claim to be on the side of truth and honesty...
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We steal... we just blame the Empire for reducing us to that...

But mostly we steal from the empire which is fine because we oppose the empire so it's like taking the gun away from a madman if you aren't a cop or something and you don't give it back it's technically stealling but the madman isn't shooting anyone
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now you can consider yourselves employees for the rebellion and ask for some payment…if only for supplies. It seems fair considering that you’re furthering the cause.
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually we've paid the rebellion... we did get a number of pilots killed and ships destroyed though... Including a large cruser (of which our rebellion cell only has two... make that one) so we kinda owe them
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Alliance (in our campaign) often couldn't pay their soldiers. Sometimes there were no paydays, but they paid back pay when they could. The players in our campaign often took their pay in kind (customised rifles, priority in explosives, "special" tool kits, or favors). One of the players traded in his favors for a commission and choice of duty station. If the players captured (note: captured, not stole) a star ship, they gave it to the Alliance which paid them a percentage as a bonus - which was usually time in an Alliance space dock (free repairs, overhaul, or upgrade).

The Alliance always dealt honorably with the characters. But then our characters were always heroes...well, most of the time, anyway. One of our characters recovered some of the crown jewels of Alderaan. The group was horrified when she told Princess Liea she would sell them back! The princess paid from her personal funds, but for some reason, that character had constant problems with Alliance payroll after that.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thus far we've been given a freighter and an r2 for free so I think the Alliance is dealling fairly with us however it is interesting to note that in space battles out guys (NPCs) can't fire missiles (if they have them at all) unless the shot is vitally important and very hard to miss. We just can't afford to give everyone missiles and certainly not more than 1 or 2

Does anyone else ever get these sort of equipment problems.

"Don't shoot that tie. He's not important and blaster gas costs money"
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally, if the team asked for supplies before being sent out on a mission; anything which is required to accomplish the mission or commonly available to the military was supplied before they left. Rare or specialty items would take 1-3 missions before supply could provide it - the players never knew exactly until it was available.

Of course, if they characters could capture it from The Empire, command took notice of them.

"Intelligence has learned where and when an Imperial shipment of bacta is happening. As you know, we're critically short of bacta and med kits. Command was wondering if you think your team could..."
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes there are a good number of things we've had to 'requisition' from the Empire.

It's always tricky balancing the length of time to stay and salvage Imperial ships/supplies/soldiers and the risk of an imperial patrol
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Lieutenant, tally and requisition." "Sergent, tally and requisition." "Troops... LOOT!!!"
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My groups always sort of want money, but the Rebellion does not ascosiate it's self with mercinaries. Besides, we always do it out of hate of the empire.
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
Thus far we've been given a freighter and an r2 for free so I think the Alliance is dealling fairly with us however it is interesting to note that in space battles out guys (NPCs) can't fire missiles (if they have them at all) unless the shot is vitally important and very hard to miss. We just can't afford to give everyone missiles and certainly not more than 1 or 2

Does anyone else ever get these sort of equipment problems.

"Don't shoot that tie. He's not important and blaster gas costs money"

During a war equipment shortage is very common 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: