The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A kinda new campaign idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> A kinda new campaign idea.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madterryk
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: A kinda new campaign idea. Reply with quote

I started playing with my current group while we were all in college. Two Forestry majors, One auto mechanic, one future math major, and one aspiring teacher that turned into a contractor...Today we are scattered across California with one in Nevada but have been rolling with the same characters for a long time. In fact one of the guys recently retired his main character and rolled a new one.

Right now there are four players and the gm. One of the players is a Falleen jedi and hates to use blasters. Another is a former New Republic Intelligence officer who discovered force sensitivity late in life and since resigned his commission. There is a barabel that has become a spec ops kinda of character and one crazy Trionni pilot with his vessel dubbed "The Space Bucket". Occasionally the game master swaps rolls with one of the players and plays an exiled Chiss.

We get together once a year for about a week and go fishing, play star wars, consume too much alcohol, and in general have a good time... So here is our starting campaign for this years gathering...

Shortly after the fighting at the Bilbringi shipyards in "The Last Command" the pcs are attached to task force consiting of Garm Bel Iblis's dreadnoughts and a captured Star Destroyer to take out the Tangreen ubiqtourite base....Unfortunately the rumours of Thrawn's death are just that. Rumours....

Just after the ISD levels the base Thrawn rolls in and has decided to capture that ISD or destroy it. The campaign will star with pc's fighting to repel the boarders. If they manage to dispatch the Imperials before they damage engineering or cut off the bridge controls future campains won't be so bad. Regardless the Hyperdrives will be damaged by something and the ISD will wind up with some bad damage and dropped out of lightspeed by some crazy malfunction out in the Unknown Regions. It will have a fried nava computer and need some structural repairs before any long trips in hyperspace....

So there is the springboard. Following that I have missions for them to acquire parts, forage or trade for food, and there will be several run ins with part of a pirate group with a very bloodthirsty leader who has a knack for fighting and escaping... The jedi will find a few locations to interest them on some of these worlds as well.Eventually they will find their way back to the New Republic who will have the upper hand over the Empire for a little while, until Thrawn gets his stuff back together. Thrawn is just too cool of a bad guy to throw out after the last command.

I could throw in a lot more detail in the post (trust me lots more for the missions) but I don't want give you all an encyclopedia. It boiled down to the players getting tired of running into Thrawn all the time between the two gamemasters and needing a break.

The inspiration for this set comes primarily from the old tv show Battlestar Galactica (some ideas from the redone one as well). I just like the idea of throwing them out beyond the New Republic and most of the Imperial forces. Then again you never know who might be out there. Watching...waiting...
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a really cool idea. I like the idea of having an entire capital ship out in the middle of nowhere with no one for the crew to depend on but each other. I hope it turns out well for you. Keep us updated and I'd really like to know how it goes. May end up using it in the future.
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Sounds like a great adventure.

I'd also recommend picking up the Darkstryder Boxed Set along with its supplements. It's a similar kind of premise... a lone Corellian Corvette operating far from the hands of the Empire and NR. There are some excellent adventure ideas in there.
madterryk
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have been thinking about that for some time. My first interest in DarkStryder came after reading the Hand of Thrawn books by Zahn...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: