The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversion - Dawn of Defiance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversion - Dawn of Defiance Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, moment of truth folks, how many of you are seriously planning on running a DoD campaign? I see a few ships and some equipment, but most of this is NPC work. You folks know how much Gry and I love NPC work. My guess is that it will be mostly me doing it since Gry is pretty dang busy, and my schedule will lighten up a little bit in the fall (unless I get into a PhD program).

I'm willing to work on unconverted DoD stats, but I'm not going to be doing the NPCs unless there's a huge push for them, and even then I'll probably need some help. So, how many people seriously considering running this game (and not just idle curiosity as to what the stats might look like), and is there anyone who will be willing to help go through 10 adventures of difficult NPC conversions?
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Byss Defense Fleet TIE Fighter
Craft: Sienar Fleet Systems Byss Defense Fleet TIE
Type: Space superiority fighter
Scale: Starfighter
Length: 6.3 meters
Skill: Starfighter piloting: TIE
Crew: 1
Crew Skill: Starfighter piloting 4D+1, starship gunnery 4D
Cargo Capacity: 65 kilograms
Consumables: 2 days
Cost: Not available for sale
Maneuverability: 2D+2
Space: 10
Atmosphere: 415; 1,200 kmh
Hull: 2D
Sensors:
Passive: 20/0D
Scan: 40/1D
Search: 60/2D
Focus: 3/3D
Weapons:
2 Laser Cannons (fire linked)
Fire Arc: Front
Skill: Starship gunnery
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km
Damage: 5D
Source: Dawn of Defiance Episode X (page 10)

BSDOblivion
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: in Reply with quote

i would be in on wanting the information translated, or converted. but i mostly speak at a librarian/archive point of view for the d6 holocron wiki (no i didnt give up).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love a pdf with the campaign translated over!!!

and That is why you fail...
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid that with the modest response, I find it unlikely that I will be going at it alone to craft all of the NPCs from Dawn of Defiance.

The complexity goes beyond even the normal issues of converting NPCs (which are pretty considerable to begin with). If it were to be a functional guide for running the campaign, it would have to be playtested with multiple groups to make sure that the NPCs weren't either rolling over nor were they killing the PCs. Finding the delicate balance would be quite difficult.

The method for doing conversions is pretty well published, and it's received hundreds of downloads. It might be something that you can convert for your own games if you so desire to run a DoD game. If you do run a game, please let me know, and I might be able to provide some critiques of the conversions. However, I think my time would be better spent with some other Star Wars D6 projects I have on my docket. That is to say, I think that the next couple of projects would appeal to a much broader range of people.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be more interested in it if I actually knew what Dawn of Defiance was...
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a campaign published by WotC on their website. It's supposed to be a level 1-20 campaign in 10 adventures.

There's not much in it other than NPCs for conversion. I had some people initially express interested in having a conversion guide, and some people had said that they would be interested in running the campaign in D6, but those interests seem to have faltered.
Jame Rowe
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested on the basis that everything should be converted.

I Want d6 Mira From KoToR, Dag Nabbit!
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How badly? I mean, if you want EVERYTHING converted, then you could just jump in and contribute.

I'll be posting new conversions here for starships, droids, etc. I just don't expect that NPCs will make it high enough on my priority list. Just keep an eye out for other new bits once I get back home from vacation.
BSDOblivion
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: willing Reply with quote

im willing to run thru the conversions, but im a librarian.
i havent run thru the conversions with you guys as of yet and not fully knowledgable with the guidelines you use. but, willing to go thru it all. just dont count on me making a pdf file for it all. i really do suck at the adobe program. so feel free to buzz me cheshire or gry with the go ahead and i will do so. yay

BSDoblivion
http://d6holocron.wikia.com/wiki/D6_Holocron_Wiki
"one archive to rule them all"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made a guide to explain how conversions are done.

http://www.4shared.com/document/_At3t_PZ/Converting_Saga_to_D6.html

Currently we need stats from DoD #10. If I were you, I would try your hand at equipment and ships first, and then try to go back and try your hand at droids/npcs last. If you want to fill in NPCs from DoD, that's cool, but I think Gry is planning on finishing up his PDF on DoD stats sooner than any one of us could possibly convert all the NPCs. At 20th level, it's pretty hard to get them right.
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be really interested in seeing this coverted but I haven't got any spare time to contribute, I barely have time for my weekly session. Crying or Very sad
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccatkins wrote:
I would be really interested in seeing this coverted but I haven't got any spare time to contribute, I barely have time for my weekly session. Crying or Very sad

That is why we are so lucky to have cheshire and gry!! Most of us are too busy to gt around to it. They make this community run, and we all should be very thankful to have them!! I don't think either of them having a game going on right now, they do this for the rest of us to have a good time!!

Thanks so much guys!!!

and That is why you fail...
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before getting on to me about how dastardly overpowered this thing is, take a good hard look at a K4 Security Droid first. Also take note that this is supposed to be an NPC at the end of a 20th level adventure. That is to say, this thing is supposed to challenge players on the level of Luke Skywalker and the like. You don't just casually drop one into a game.

Also, this is supposed to be a rare prototype droid brain with a human consciousness transferred into it via the Dark Side of the Force (kind of like the Shadow Droid in Scavenger's Guide. Given that it has a human consciousness, I thought that having a minimum of 2D for the attributes was appropriate.

Quote:

Shadow Security Droid
Type: Imperial prototype security droid
Dexterity: 4D+2
Blasters 5D+2
Dodge 8D+2
Knowledge: 2D
Mechanical: 2D
Perception: 3D
Search 6D
Strength: 3D+1
Technical: 2D

Equipped With
- hovering locomotion
- specialized processor with a transferred human consciousness
- vocabulator
- darkvision (can see in a low light environment up to 30 meters)
- enhanced sensor package adding +1D to all search rolls
- 1 heavy repeating blaster (Range: 3-30/100/300 Damage: 6D)
- Self destruct mechanism (Blast Radius: 0-2/8/12/20 Damage: 10D/8D/5D/2D)
Force Sensitive: Yes
Move: 13
Size: .75 Meters
Cost: Not available for sale
Game Notes: The self destruct mechanism deals Force damage. Anyone who takes damage from the self-destruct takes a -2D penalty to all Force skills until the end of their next turn.
Source: Dawn of Defiance Episode X (page 16)

cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow... that's it for the last adventure. Unless there are critiques on the conversions that I've done, I think this one is a rap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: