The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Tatooine Manhunt Revisited
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Tatooine Manhunt Revisited Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im running the end of Manhunt soon. With some changes.

The PCs has found Adar Tallon, he was actually hiding as a monk in the Oasis. They have also stumbled upon (actually fought) Bel Iblis, who was also looking for Tallon. Now they are at The Oasis with Tallon and a wounded Iblis. They have fought off Zardra and the bounty hunters the last night (before the knew Tallon was in the Oasis). The game starts where the last session stopped with a cliffhanger...a fast speederbike darts towards the Oasis, as the PCs stand an watches it fires two missiles at then (which are still airborne when the game starts). This is actuall IG-72 attacking, but the PCs dont know that yet.

As the Empire has arrived already they must later escape the planet. Bel Iblis has a ship, but no room for more then his crew. Tallon has a few z-95s, but these are single man fighters which will carry him and a few of his men away.. However the PCs are shipless (atm) and also will have to act as decoys if Iblis and Tallon are going to have any chance of slipping away (Rebellion VIPs to be as they are).

That said the PCs are going to get caught, and end up in the Starfall scenario.

Now I have a couple of issues.

1. As this is pre Yavin, the Rebellion is in no shape to hit a Stardestroyer, even a Victory class Star destroyer.

2. I dont really like the 'suicide attack' idea in the original Starfall adventure. I find it highly unlikely that this would be the course of action by an Imperial captain. I assume he would try to stall for time while parlaying/appearing to surrender, probably knowing the the Rebellion wouldnt attack. All the while waiting for backup.

3. Would either Kotas Militia or Bel Iblis forces have the power to attack and defeat a Victory class ship? As Kota recently 'died' while attacking the TIE fighter station above Nar Shadaa (see The Force Unleashed) perhaps the commander of the attacking force wants to destroy the Imperial target even if it surrenders.

A couple of other ideas..

1. The PCs (actually the groups young jedi, who actually has passed to the dark side) has met an old man abourd his Dreadnaught who they suspect has some kind of Imperial alliance but at the same time helped them and talks about helping them attacking Imperial installations. This is actually an Inquisitor trying to use the PCs as tools to his own ends (he has found out Vader is up to something but dont know what (the Starkiller apprentice from TFU). I find it highly unlikely that he would risk his cover by attacking a heavy imperial ship though.

2. I plan to introduce 'Otherspace Tyranids/Genestealers'. Perhaps the Imperial ship has picked up a drifting ship with a 'strange cargo' which has escaped and damaged the ship. Why the ship would self-destruct later I have no idea about though.

So, any ideas?
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:

The PCs has found Adar Tallon, he was actually hiding as a monk in the Oasis. They have also stumbled upon (actually fought) Bel Iblis, who was also looking for Tallon. Now they are at The Oasis with Tallon and a wounded Iblis. They have fought off Zardra and the bounty hunters the last night (before the knew Tallon was in the Oasis). The game starts where the last session stopped with a cliffhanger...a fast speederbike darts towards the Oasis, as the PCs stand an watches it fires two missiles at then (which are still airborne when the game starts). This is actuall IG-72 attacking, but the PCs dont know that yet.

As the Empire has arrived already they must later escape the planet. Bel Iblis has a ship, but no room for more then his crew. Tallon has a few z-95s, but these are single man fighters which will carry him and a few of his men away.. However the PCs are shipless (atm) and also will have to act as decoys if Iblis and Tallon are going to have any chance of slipping away (Rebellion VIPs to be as they are).

1. As this is pre Yavin, the Rebellion is in no shape to hit a Stardestroyer, even a Victory class Star destroyer.

2. I dont really like the 'suicide attack' idea in the original Starfall adventure. I find it highly unlikely that this would be the course of action by an Imperial captain. I assume he would try to stall for time while parlaying/appearing to surrender, probably knowing the the Rebellion wouldnt attack. All the while waiting for backup.

3. Would either Kotas Militia or Bel Iblis forces have the power to attack and defeat a Victory class ship? As Kota recently 'died' while attacking the TIE fighter station above Nar Shadaa (see The Force Unleashed) perhaps the commander of the attacking force wants to destroy the Imperial target even if it surrenders.

1. The PCs (actually the groups young jedi, who actually has passed to the dark side) has met an old man abourd his Dreadnaught who they suspect has some kind of Imperial alliance but at the same time helped them and talks about helping them attacking Imperial installations. This is actually an Inquisitor trying to use the PCs as tools to his own ends (he has found out Vader is up to something but dont know what (the Starkiller apprentice from TFU). I find it highly unlikely that he would risk his cover by attacking a heavy imperial ship though.

2. I plan to introduce 'Otherspace Tyranids/Genestealers'. Perhaps the Imperial ship has picked up a drifting ship with a 'strange cargo' which has escaped and damaged the ship. Why the ship would self-destruct later I have no idea about though.

So, any ideas?

...Sounds like an interesting tie-in you've got there! The main question I would have is how the PCs would warrant enough notice in their diversion--considering the number of Bounty Hunters on the planet, &, well, who'd notice another shoot-out among groups in Mos Eisley? The only thing that comes to mind is assaulting the Prefect or Imperial Officer arriving to take part in the search (taking advantage of "shore leave")
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schnarre wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:

So, any ideas?

...Sounds like an interesting tie-in you've got there! The main question I would have is how the PCs would warrant enough notice in their diversion--considering the number of Bounty Hunters on the planet, &, well, who'd notice another shoot-out among groups in Mos Eisley? The only thing that comes to mind is assaulting the Prefect or Imperial Officer arriving to take part in the search (taking advantage of "shore leave")

I was thinking making the Empire think they have Tallon with them, while he gets away unnoticed..
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tattoine Man Hunt!! We have to try it more than five times just to survive the first encounter with the bounty hunters!!! that grenades were our doom! Wink

We finally made it when we decided to break the window and hang on while the bounty hunters were sucked out of the room hehehe.

For the start of the Starfall you propose I would use the combination of a saboteur and a rebel attack. Perhaps the party found this saboteur and help her escape, gaining an ally in the named rebel spec forces...
michoui
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:29 am    Post subject: Providing a Tatooine Manhunt report Reply with quote

Hello there, I am very new to Star Wars D6, I used to play AD&D, Warhammer RPG (1st Ed.) D&D3.5 and Pathfinder. I was looking for something else, with less overcomplicated rules, really easy and quick to setup Smile

At the table we have people used to play tabletop RPGs, but only one of them as already played Star Wars D6.
We play 2nd Edition, on Foundry, you can find my packaged campaigns here : https://gitlab.com/users/mich.michoui/projects
(This repo is more a personal backup than a publication, it's mostly in French and I don't update them or do any maintenance on it. Tatooine Manhunt is not yet available at the time I am writing this report, building in progress.)

I ran this game as a second adventure for my players, the first one was Pirates of Prexiar.
Each module, my players pickup from pre-selectionned templates, I prepared for them.
For this module, my five players were :
- Wookiee
- Kid (Twi'lek)
- Old Senatorial (Twi'lek)
- Mercenary (Human)
- Tongue-tied Engineer (Human)

They started with a template + 25 character points to spend.
Old Senatorial had also a bonus of 10k credits as suggested in the module.

I wrote mini backgrounds and links between some characters :
- Old Senatorial found the Kid as an abandonned orphan child.
- Some strange things happened with the Kid (Force manifestations) but he is not aware of it (nor his player, so he hasn't any force power at all, we used the template as is).
- The Wookiee has been imposed by Mon Mothma to help the Old Senator protect the child until she finds someone capable of raising him.
- The Mercenary has already worked for the Old Senatorial a long time before
- The Mercenary recently met the engineer and spoted his talents in computer. Since then, he always enlists the engineer as volunteer with himself for Rebellion missions.
- Engineer has a R5 unit.

Episode I

We use cutscenes and intro adventure script, so we started directly by the fight with mercenaries and Lt. Voor.
Old Senatorial, tried to discuss with Lt. Voor prentending they work for the Empire and have important information but failed his Con test. Lt. Voor asked for his identification number, but Old Senatorial did not manage to tell something plausible.
The Bounty Hunters engaged the battle, the mercenary and the wookiee jumped in, while the Kid and Old Senatorial tried to hide themselves. Mercenary did a called shot into Lt. Voor's comlink he had in hand, and Wookiee brawled with the bounty woman. Meanwhile, Engineer got back in station's corridor found a computer and tried to hack it. He obtained a lot of information about the Relentless and hacked the station control of failures indicating some false failures for the Star Destroyer.
Mercenary disarmed the other Bounty Hunter, wookiee put the bounty hunter down and fired on Lt. Voor. a complication happened, the blaster fired on the door commands and Lt. Voor fell beyond it which then locked.
Old Senatorial went to Dana and discovered she was dead, checked her pockets and found the datapad.
The Kid picked up a dropped blaster and threatened the last hunter. He asked him to empty his pockets, but failed his perception roll against hunter's hide roll. The hunter dropped a thermal detonator...
Everyone dived to the ground as far as possible from the hunter and boom!

Under the alert sounds, smoke and red lights in corridor they managed to get up, took Dana's body and went to their Spaceship. They took time to heal themselves during the travel to Tatooine.
They also had an argument with the Kid. Mercenary and Senator decided to confiscate all the child's weapons.

Episode II

They arrived on Tatooine and said to the space traffic controllers they were here to visit old friends.
The customs officer asked them for 20 credits a day, they payed. He also asked for mynocks and other and other parasites and if he can do maintenance and spaceship checks with droid, they accepted.
<< At this moment, I noted that they did not mention what they did about the Dana's corpse ! >>

They splitted in two groups, Senatorial and Mercenary went to cantina and the others went to the market.
At the market, they saw locals selling strange things, many different alien species and some amateurs bounty hunters noisy and bullying people. But PC stay calms and continue their visit.
In the meantime, at the Cantina, the senator bumped into two whiphids trying to extort him. The mercenary stepped in with a thermal detonator in his hand, and the whole cantina froze instantly, musicians stopped. Only the bartender's voice echoed faintly from the counter: "No use of weapons in the establishment". The whiphids looked at each other and moved out. A global breath of relief was heard and the music started up again. Then they met the old lady who told them to come back for 2nd noon to meet Labria...

(to be continued)
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent recap, michoui. Sounds like it was a lot of fun!

I just read through all three pages; someday I would like to run this one.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Providing a Tatooine Manhunt report Reply with quote

michoui wrote:
Hello there, I am very new to Star Wars D6, I used to play AD&D, Warhammer RPG (1st Ed.) D&D3.5 and Pathfinder. I was looking for something else, with less overcomplicated rules, really easy and quick to setup Smile

At the table we have people used to play tabletop RPGs, but only one of them as already played Star Wars D6.
We play 2nd Edition, on Foundry, you can find my packaged campaigns here : https://gitlab.com/users/mich.michoui/projects
(This repo is more a personal backup than a publication, it's mostly in French and I don't update them or do any maintenance on it. Tatooine Manhunt is not yet available at the time I am writing this report, building in progress.)

I ran this game as a second adventure for my players, the first one was Pirates of Prexiar.
Each module, my players pickup from pre-selectionned templates, I prepared for them.
For this module, my five players were :
- Wookiee
- Kid (Twi'lek)
- Old Senatorial (Twi'lek)
- Mercenary (Human)
- Tongue-tied Engineer (Human)

They started with a template + 25 character points to spend.
Old Senatorial had also a bonus of 10k credits as suggested in the module.

I wrote mini backgrounds and links between some characters :
- Old Senatorial found the Kid as an abandonned orphan child.
- Some strange things happened with the Kid (Force manifestations) but he is not aware of it (nor his player, so he hasn't any force power at all, we used the template as is).
- The Wookiee has been imposed by Mon Mothma to help the Old Senator protect the child until she finds someone capable of raising him.
- The Mercenary has already worked for the Old Senatorial a long time before
- The Mercenary recently met the engineer and spoted his talents in computer. Since then, he always enlists the engineer as volunteer with himself for Rebellion missions.
- Engineer has a R5 unit.

Episode I

We use cutscenes and intro adventure script, so we started directly by the fight with mercenaries and Lt. Voor.
Old Senatorial, tried to discuss with Lt. Voor prentending they work for the Empire and have important information but failed his Con test. Lt. Voor asked for his identification number, but Old Senatorial did not manage to tell something plausible.
The Bounty Hunters engaged the battle, the mercenary and the wookiee jumped in, while the Kid and Old Senatorial tried to hide themselves. Mercenary did a called shot into Lt. Voor's comlink he had in hand, and Wookiee brawled with the bounty woman. Meanwhile, Engineer got back in station's corridor found a computer and tried to hack it. He obtained a lot of information about the Relentless and hacked the station control of failures indicating some false failures for the Star Destroyer.
Mercenary disarmed the other Bounty Hunter, wookiee put the bounty hunter down and fired on Lt. Voor. a complication happened, the blaster fired on the door commands and Lt. Voor fell beyond it which then locked.
Old Senatorial went to Dana and discovered she was dead, checked her pockets and found the datapad.
The Kid picked up a dropped blaster and threatened the last hunter. He asked him to empty his pockets, but failed his perception roll against hunter's hide roll. The hunter dropped a thermal detonator...
Everyone dived to the ground as far as possible from the hunter and boom!

Under the alert sounds, smoke and red lights in corridor they managed to get up, took Dana's body and went to their Spaceship. They took time to heal themselves during the travel to Tatooine.
They also had an argument with the Kid. Mercenary and Senator decided to confiscate all the child's weapons.

Episode II

They arrived on Tatooine and said to the space traffic controllers they were here to visit old friends.
The customs officer asked them for 20 credits a day, they payed. He also asked for mynocks and other and other parasites and if he can do maintenance and spaceship checks with droid, they accepted.
<< At this moment, I noted that they did not mention what they did about the Dana's corpse ! >>

They splitted in two groups, Senatorial and Mercenary went to cantina and the others went to the market.
At the market, they saw locals selling strange things, many different alien species and some amateurs bounty hunters noisy and bullying people. But PC stay calms and continue their visit.
In the meantime, at the Cantina, the senator bumped into two whiphids trying to extort him. The mercenary stepped in with a thermal detonator in his hand, and the whole cantina froze instantly, musicians stopped. Only the bartender's voice echoed faintly from the counter: "No use of weapons in the establishment". The whiphids looked at each other and moved out. A global breath of relief was heard and the music started up again. Then they met the old lady who told them to come back for 2nd noon to meet Labria...

(to be continued)

michoui, welcome to the Rancor Pit! Looking forward to reading the rest of the play report.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: