The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Armor Weapons??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Armor Weapons?? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maximilian Bernas wrote:
I think the best way to figure out the Boba Fett thing is to consider where the weapons are placed and how they are discharged.

For example:
If Boba can discharge the weapon from a toggle switch in his helmet, then it would be an armor suit weapons skill. If he must use his hands externally to fire the weapon, then he uses the requisite skill.

Hmmmmmm. Makes sense, sort of. I guess I'm stuck on the idea that a laser, a rocket, and a free flight grenade all have different characteristics which require different skills to use. I suppose these differences could be got around by having some computer software do most of the work for the firer. But it would be one heck of a complicated (and thus expensive)sensor/computer/programming/weapon interface system
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as I mentioned earlier, some of the weapons on the Fett’s armour contradict the “how it’s fired” rational. Look at the missile on his rocket pack. He did not hit a visible toggle on his suit, so it must be an internal system of some kind. Yet for some reason the weaponry on his armour that would fall under the category of the Missile Weapons skill tend to do exactly that…they fall under the Missile weapon skill. Even though some of the other weapons utilize the Armour Weapons skill. There just seems to have been very little thought put into the skill.
Now I definitely agree that it sound logic to have “every integrated weapon system be under the jurisdiction of Armour Weapons”. But officially that’s not the case, officially they left it foggy at best trying to figure out what weapons falls under which skill. So I was left with a conundrum…how do I figure out which weapon falls under which skill? So I opted for the simple solution, I just left the weapons to fall under their corresponding skill (blasters for blasters, etc.) instead of having this new ambiguous skill.

I just wish WEG had given a bit more of an explanation to it.
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: