The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Solidification of Force
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fall from Power - Flyboy2002 -> The Solidification of Force Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: The Solidification of Force Reply with quote

The ship shakes as the passenger ramp seals, the engines throttle up, and the struts extend as the ship creeps off the ground. From the looks of the interior this ship has seen better days and has seen a lot of them. You can hear creeking noises as the ship settles into a hover waiting to exit. Hiram takes his seat next to Dolph, "I hope this ship can manage to make it through the atmosphere let alone past the Imperials." Through the very small peep holes on the sides of the ship you can see the bay clearing out except for the marshaller waving the ship forward. The engines wind up further and the ship begins forward and quickly exits the bay. The stabilizers aren't very advanced but apparently the engines are and you can tell as you are pushed into your seat as it accelerates. The ride smooths out and Timi is able to see as he looks out the window that you are very low and very fast, whipping across the ocean. A few minutes later a strong G force squeezes you into the seat as the ship begins a vertical climb, not normal for a ship of this side, and the atmosphere begins to thin as you enter space and you can feel your ears pop as the ship pressurizes.

R4 finds that there are no gun emplacements on this entire spacecraft. But at this pace and profile you are pretty sure they are trying to go unnoticed rather than using any firepower. He can also tell that the computing power going into the astrogation computer is massive, there are at least a few droids working that problem. The ship exits the atmosphere as you immediately feel the jolt of entering hyperspace as several of you can just barely make out a small Imperial fleet on the far side of the planet as you leave. The ship schematics filter into Dolph datapad as he drifts off quickly. Timi is soon to follow to sleep. This has been a very long day.

(Check your individual characters for other updates, but it will be more fun for you if you don't look at the other characters sections.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sir, wake up, they wish to speak to you," Dolph is jolted awake by Timi shaking you slightly. Hiram slowly opens his eyes as well, exhausted and sore from the day before. R4 has detected two further jumps have been made, they have dropped out of hyperspace with the new course already recomputed and almost immediately jumped right back in with a different heading. This ship is not going to be easy to track.

A man in a well kept flight suit stands at the doorway waving for you to come with him. Once you reach the bridge area you are greeted by the Captain of the ship. "I am glad we could help you gentlemen get out of there safely. We are headed to the Corellian sector, with the main planet being our final destination. It will be another few hours or so until we get there with the additional jumping we are doing as to not get followed. We will arrive at the initial docking station to resupply and then we will continue on to Corellia proper. Is there anything you will be needing or somewhere else you were suppose to go? Take these, they are from Latik and should help make this trip run more smoothly." The Captain hands you your newly made diplomatic clearances which should make travel in the Corellian system relatively easy.

(OOC - if no one wants to use any of their CPs then we will continue, post as you like.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph looks over his new credentials with a practiced eye. "These are very good, Captain. They appear to be ready to undergo close scrutiny." He looks at his companions and says, "I need to get to the bottom of my father's murder. Usually, the best place to do that would have been back home. However, with the Imperial's presence so thick there it would be nearly impossible to accomplish.

"We greatly appreciate your help, Captain." Looking down at his travel-worn clothing he says, "We're probably going to need to get some supplies. Weapons, gear, that kind of thing." Sighing he adds, "That trip will be fairly short, unless I'm able to access my father's bank accounts without getting tracked. Beyond that, we're going to need to make some contacts. We need people who are, shall we say, not very kindly disposed toward the Empire who are skilled enough to assist me in tracking down my father's killer."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 64
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[R4-H8]

Now relatively master-less, rolls around the ship randomly, gaining knowledge on how the ship works. Since he is more of an Astrotech rather than an Astromech, he locates the power junctions, repair parts and emergency equipment. Too pass the time and to use up unused data cycles in his memory banks, he thinks of new ways to modify his programming to "adapt" to being master-less... while figuring out new strategies in Dejarik.

Should any of the crew notice him, he seems preoccupied and coos, wobbles and beeps at random... mainly to keep the meatbags guessing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Captain replies after a brief moment of thought, "I can't say that I don't have some friends that are a little on the shady side. We might be able to get you some of the equipment you need but firsts I have to insist that we get some of these men some REAL medical attention before we lose even more of them. At the docking station they have a large infirmary that I can get them into discreetly. I will try to make contact with some of my friends on the main planet from the station so they can make further preparations for our arrival and see what else they can do for us as far as contacts. What I need you to do is get yourself a way to get a hold of some of that money through one of the bank terminals, I bet we can move some of that money once we locate it in a way that no one will be able to track where it is. Let me have my techie discuss the details with you before we disembark. We will be on station in approximately an hour or two so get yourselves ready I don't plan on staying there for more than a few hours or until all the wounded have been attended too." Shakes you hands and turn to get back to work, "if you need anything else just stop by. You know where I will be. My tech will be right with you."



(OOC - Everyone make sure you check your characters area as well when you check on I will be passing individual facts or things you notice that maybe everyone else doesn't get and even impressions. Try to not look at each others it will make it more interesting for everyone and I won't be posting super secret stuff in there anyway. Also I would like to pick up the pace now that we have some people that can post more frequently. Expect me to post and kind of get into a rhythm (me, you, you, you, me, etc..), I will try to give everyone a chance to reply but I will only wait a few days at the most before I move on. Talk to you gents later, have a good night, happy posting.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thank you, Captain," Dolph says, a genuine smile crossing his face. "Of course we'll need to see to medical aid first. I took that as a given. I've led men myself, so I know how you must feel about their welfare. Let me know if there's anything I can do. I'm no medtech, but I can hold pressure on a wound if needed. I'll definitely look forward to talking to your tech.

"Oh...one more thing," he says before the captain can walk away. "I noticed that R4-H8 made it onto your ship with us. Does he normally go on expeditions with you? Was this an anomaly? If we need to get the droid back to Latik, I want to make sure we make that happen."

Dolph huddles up with Timi and Hiram after the Captain goes about his duties. "I like this guy," he says. "I get a really good feeling about him. He seems to be very intelligent and on top of his game; I'll bet he's done this a time or two before. In fact, the whole setup with Latik and everything seems fairly well-organized. I wonder how truly deep this whole setup goes. It just seems to me it can't have been simply part of a contingency plan to get me off-planet should things ever go awry..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paul
Cadet
Cadet


Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 18
Location: Detroit, MI

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timi perks up at the mention of medical attention, "Sir if I may I wish to help out any wounded I can. I have some training in First Aid." Looking at the captain, "Do any of your men need medical assistance?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Captain looks past the group of you to see R4 wobbling around and responds, "To be honest with you I have never seen that little guy before. I assumed he was with you. You will have to find out who he belongs to, Latik didn't mention him to me. Latik realized that something was odd about your father death and he called for us as soon as he could. We arrived just before the Imperial forces luckily or we would have never gotten you and the other forces out. Latik and I go back sometime and I could hear it in his voice that he knew bad things were about to happen. I can only hope he was ready to take care of those we had to leave behind, but he always knows what he is getting into. My deepest sympathies about your father, Dolph. Please feel free to stretch out and relax or take a look around we will be docking soon enough. My tech, Athes, will be will meet you in maintenance break room down the hall when you are ready."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph smiles sadly at the Captain. "Thank you, sir. I do appreciate everything you and your men are going through. Timi here will be of assistance to your medtechs; he's no surgeon, but he does have first aid training." Looking at the Mon Cal, he says, "Thank you for volunteering, Timi. I know the Captain, not to mention his medics and wounded, will appreciate your assistance."

Looking back to the captain, Dolph continues. "I got that same bad feeling about things back home shortly before my father died. In fact..." His voice drops to almost a whisper, and is heard by none but the captain. "I had a premonition of the funeral procession. Of the attack, I mean." Looking the captain straight in the eyes he adds, "I saw the initial attack...EXACTLY as it happened." Shrugging, Dolph says, "I don't know what to make of that." He sighs heavily and continues. "I share your hopes about Latik. He was obviously a friend of Dad's, and that makes him my friend as well- especially since he risked his neck to get me off-planet."

Looking around briefly, Dolph sighs again. "There will be time enough for rest later. Now, I'll go ahead and meet with Athes. I'll be able to relax a bit while we talk. I'll also find out the story behind R4."

Sketching a quick salute to the captain, Dolph turns on his heel and heads down the corridor to the maintenance break room to meet with Athes. Before leaving the area, he steps over to R4 and says, "R4? What are your instructions? I knew you were to escort us to the hangar, but I don't recall Latik telling you to accompany us."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paul
Cadet
Cadet


Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 18
Location: Detroit, MI

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Dolph smiles sadly at the Captain. "Thank you, sir. I do appreciate everything you and your men are going through. Timi here will be of assistance to your medtechs; he's no surgeon, but he does have first aid training." Looking at the Mon Cal, he says, "Thank you for volunteering, Timi. I know the Captain, not to mention his medics and wounded, will appreciate your assistance."


Timi leaves to assist the Medics with whatever assistance they require.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 64
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[R4-H8]

R4 plugs into a nearby terminal and beeps a few times and spins his top.

Rough Translation: "Master Latik said go with you people. He never set a time frame for that order to expire."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph nods at the astromech. "Fair enough. I'll contact him to see when he'd like you back. If necessary, I'll arrange transport for you once we hit Corellia."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timi enters back into the main passenger bay to the same painful scene from before, with riot police strewn about everywhere trying to be looked after by a rag tag group of civilians trying to do what they can to help. There are moans of pain coming from many just waiting for any relief that can be had. As he walks further into the group of wounded he see police with minor bruises and scrapes up to those with missing appendages, these guys really got clobbered when the Imperial reinforcements arrived. Timi feels a tugging on his pant leg as one of the badly wounded soldiers looks up at him for help. "Sir, is there anyone around that could help my bleeding seems to be getting worse and I feel . . ." the patient passes out for a few seconds and then continues his sentence in a daze as he come back in and out of consciousness. Timi can see that the bleeding is in fact worse, his bandages are soaked through and he is not able to stay conscious for more than a few seconds. He is bleeding from the side of his lower chest from a nasty hit. Timi though not an incredibly combat hardened individual finds himself not disgusted by the sight.

Dolph enters the maintenance lounge to find a tall lanky Verpine in a beat up old flightsuit wiping off the grease from his hands as he enters the lounge from the opposite direction. Athes looks up from as he comes to a stop and to finally notice someone else in the room. "Oh, hello sir," as he extends his scaly hand, "I am Athes. You must be Dolph. Nice to meet you." He waves his hand to summon over to the benches around the table and takes a seat to relax a bit. "I have heard that you are trying to get a hold of some of your fathers interplanetary holdings before the Imperials do?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph takes the insectoid's hand and shakes it, clearly glad to meet another technologically-inclined individual. "That is correct, sir. I'd like to be able to get ahold of all his accounts before they do; the problem is that I don't know off the top of my head where all he had accounts." Dolph taps a breast pocket containing the data he liberated from the lake house. "I did manage to get hold of a great deal of his personal data. I've not been through the whole package yet, but I'd imagine the information I'm looking for would be in there. I'm sure it would help in the search." He pulls out datacards and his datapad, preparing to go through the information. "Unless you happen to know a better way to accomplish this...?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paul
Cadet
Cadet


Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 18
Location: Detroit, MI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flyboy2002 wrote:
Timi enters back into the main passenger bay to the same painful scene from before, with riot police strewn about everywhere trying to be looked after by a rag tag group of civilians trying to do what they can to help. There are moans of pain coming from many just waiting for any relief that can be had. As he walks further into the group of wounded he see police with minor bruises and scrapes up to those with missing appendages, these guys really got clobbered when the Imperial reinforcements arrived. Timi feels a tugging on his pant leg as one of the badly wounded soldiers looks up at him for help. "Sir, is there anyone around that could help my bleeding seems to be getting worse and I feel . . ." the patient passes out for a few seconds and then continues his sentence in a daze as he come back in and out of consciousness. Timi can see that the bleeding is in fact worse, his bandages are soaked through and he is not able to stay conscious for more than a few seconds. He is bleeding from the side of his lower chest from a nasty hit. Timi though not an incredibly combat hardened individual finds himself not disgusted by the sight.


Timi says to the wounded man,"Hang on sir I will try to find something to help you with." Timi then searches for a Med Kit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fall from Power - Flyboy2002 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0