The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Solidification of Force
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fall from Power - Flyboy2002 -> The Solidification of Force Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a few more minutes you can feel the reverse thrusters kicking in and the final clunk of the air lock seating into the ship and the ship settle to a stop. The captain over the intercom again, "Welcome to the C sector entry station on the outskirts of the Corellian system. Standby, we have medical personnel that are boarding to move and stabilize the wounded." It takes about a half an hour for them to move the 10-15 or so wounded off the ship and to the medical facility. After they are done, you see the Captain and Athes enter the main passenger bay where you are still all awaiting further instructions. "Gentlemen, we are finally some place safer than Pantem. I will take you to my friend, to see what help he can be with some equipment if you need it and he may have another connection or two. Be wary though he may not be the nicest fellow when it comes to people he doesn't know or trust but I think I can convince him otherwise. Come." He waves for you to follow as he walks out of the passenger bay, down the main hallway and out the air lock to the main circular walkway around the perimeter of the station. The station is huge and well kept with facilities for repair of ships all the way down to normal cantinas and stores. There are a multitude of people walking around but it is large enough to not seem over crowded. The Captain continues to the right around the large open walkway. He eventually comes to staircase, you drop down a few floors and come to a floor that looks more like door after metal nondescript door of residental apartments. After another minute or so, he knocks on a door and a small computer screen opens up on the side of the doorway, with video of the occupant. He is a scruffy old human that answers "Who''s there, what do you want?" "Pleda, I called your comlink a few minutes ago you knew we were coming now be a good sport and let us in," replies the Captain. With no further response the screen goes blank and you can here the locking mechanism in the door release and the Captain pushes it open. The apartment opens up to a beautiful view of the interior courtyard of the massive station which is at least several miles wide and filled with a huge park full of vegetation and walking areas, obviously built to keep the occupants feeling like they were still on a planet rather than cramped up in a space station. Pleda walks into the main room and simply points you to the large couch and a few chairs in the room. As he sits down across the room from all of you he says, "Klar told me you needed to speak to me about some business?" directed at your side of the room. "You mind telling me a little bit more details of what is going on, and what you expect me to do about it. And lets cut the crap and get right to it, I am a busy man."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph wisely takes the Captain's advice. As they gain entrance to the old man's inner sanctum, Dolph draws on his experience working undercover. He endeavors to take on the guise of the diplomat his papers claim him to be. He nods graciously as he is allowed to enter, and as he goes where the old man indicates, his eyes cover every square centimeter of space within view, getting his bearings and learning what is where. When the old man directs a query toward Dolph's side of the room, Dolph looks to the captain, a raised eyebrow questioning whether to go ahead and answer for himself or to allow the captain to speak for them. After all, he knows this man best.
Paul
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timi stands quietly behind Dolph waiting to see what happens next.
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Captain (Klar) turns to the two of you after he has taken a seat on the couch in a, this is your show type of way. Pleda looks impatient but waits for a response. The room is not particularly big but comfortable for an apartment on a station and the view is nice. Though he doesn't seem to have done much with his place, with only the basics around, furniture and a picture or two but nothing else. Nothing seems very interesting or out of the ordinary in the room.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph notes the captain's behavior, and smiles to himself. Inclining his head at their host he says, "Greetings. Our good Captain Klar here has brought us to you, having informed us of your tenacious ability to acquire equipment and goods. He also tells us you may be able to connect us to someone who may be able to assist us in our endeavors."
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I have been known to be able to find things for people, but what are we talking about here? What are you planning on doing, are we talking a few slugthrowers here or what? I hate to pry, but I need to know a little bit more before I agree to help you here. I need to know what I am getting involved in." He looks a little more concerned and a little less harsh now than the look he had originally given you. He realizes that Klar brought you here for a reason but he is obviously skeptical about what it might be.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph clasps his hands behind his back, smiling amiably at Pleda and replies, "Well, if they're silenced, I suppose a few slugthrowers would be welcome. We definitely need some decent firepower that won't weigh us down too terribly much. Also, I will require the ability to access bank accounts in order to transfer funds. I need to make these funds more readily accessible while being very hard, if not impossible to trace, at least until after I have withdrawn them." He holds his hands up in a gesture to ward off any protests of legality. "The funds are mine by inheritance. However," and here he casts a glance at Klar, "in this we need to avoid any...Imperial entanglements."
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We have established that you need weapons, but I am not just going to get involved if I don't know what for. I am not going to just supply something blindly, you have to tell me what is going on here before I am willing to supply instruments of death even for a price. I am not going to be much help with you bank accounts, funding is your problem. What you are planning here?" Pleda says getting slightly impatient with the lack of details.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph looks Pleda straight in the eyes. "My father was a highly placed government official back home. He was murdered. Then, while the people were mourning him during the funeral procession, the culprits attempted to murder me as well." A glint appears in his eyes. "Before all this happened I was part of the planetary defense force. I am now investigating this incident. It has been made clear that to do so will require not only intelligence, but strategic and combat abilities. To that end I need to ensure we're properly equipped. I am told you are the one who can make that happen." Gone is any trace of the diplomat Dolph is pretending to be. Replacing it is the dead-calm, confident, steady gaze of a hunter, which is what he has become.
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Now we are getting somewhere," Pleda says with a little smirk. "I may be able to help you, but I can't promise you that it will be cheap. News travels fast in this day and age and I think I know where you just came from. I don't envy you and your friends, but if it involves halting the spread of these Imperial armies I am willing to help, but I am a businessman. So what exactly are you looking for?"
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph nods once, slightly. "I understand that you're a businessman, and please know that I didn't come here looking for a handout." He strokes his chin thoughtfully. "You can obviously obtain weapons. We'll need to get ourselves outfitted, but I think it might behoove us to gather a little intelligence first." He sighs audibly. "We're going to have to start from ground zero and work our way back to where the orders came from. If I had my way, I'd not only halt the Empire, I'd completely obliterate them. They've become more and more oppressive as time has gone on, and any government that would murder a trusted and loved official such as my father can NOT be good for the people. But since I'm just one man, with a couple extraordinary people helping me out, that's not in the cards. I'll have to make do with taking out those responsible for the hit, and perhaps working my way as far up the chain of command as I can trace or have the ability to deal with.

"Can you give me a little while to work with the Captain's tech? We need to do some computer work to get my funds in order without leaving a trace. When we've got that done, we can do some research and see what we can uncover regarding the hit and the commands that led to it. Once we have an idea of who and where we're going to want to strike, we can work out a better kit."
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I hate the empire as much as the next guy but nothing is going to happen without money. Even if I were to make no profit at all from you weapons are not cheap, especially if you don't want the Imperials to know you have them. I can wait but realize that things in my business don't just happen overnight, so I need a some time to get things for you so give me a good heads up. I wouldn't go around talking about what you are planning to just anyone, but know that there are alot of people in this sector that feel the same way you do. You came to the right sector to find enemies of the Empire. Klar will know how to find me when you are ready."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph nods gravely. "I took a chance with you, but figured through our circumstances that Captain Klar would have taken us to someone who sympathizes. We will be cautious. Thank you for your help; we'll give you notice as soon as we have funds and a more concrete plan."
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"When you need my services they will be available," he says confidently as he stands up to shake your hands. Klar stands and shakes his hand first, "Thank you for your time." He shakes down the line and as he shakes hands with Timi he speaks, "Free Mon Cals are not a common sight these days, please be careful outside of this sector." As Timi's hand slides away he feels a small sim card in his hand, "All of you be careful out there, you are going to need all the friends you can find." Klar opens the door and begins to exit down the hallway.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph nods again. "Actually, Timi has been a faithful employee of my father for years. He'll be acting on my orders, should anyone ask. But thank you for the information. We'll be cautious."

Following Klar he asks softly, "When will your tech be free to work with me on our fund acquisitions?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fall from Power - Flyboy2002 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: