The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Legacy of the Force Sourcebook: Taking any help I can get
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Legacy of the Force Sourcebook: Taking any help I can get Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Thor just sent me the Third Draft and it looks gorgeous.

I'm about to start editing it, but considering its a full 219 pages from cover to cover, it's gonna take me a while. But all the pictures are in it, the formating looks symmetrical and with a bit of luck, there won't be too many errors left to find.

So it looks like the onus on getting this book done and released to all of you guys is on me. As to when this book will be ready for release, I'm of half a mind to pull a Blizzard Entertainment and say "It'll be done when it's done," but I don't want to string you guys along when everyone's been waiting ten years for this book already. And I know Treefrog is eager to get this done as he's mentioned that he has other projects that he's eager to get back to. (And no, he hasn't told me what those projects are; I suspect he wants to keep them a surprise. Mr. Green ) At the same time, I really don't want to do a rush job on this, especially this close to the finish line. There's nothing I hate more than finishing a project and then seeing a mistake that I could have fixed after the deadline has come and gone.

But I will let you guys know that the finish line is in sight. I want to say that the book will be definitely be done inside a month, but how many times have I made that prediction already? I think at least twice, IIRC...

Anyway. I have work to do, so I best get to it.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the very last set of corrections have just been sent to Treefrog. I think he's dealing with some Real Life (TM) issues at the moment, but depending on how long it takes him to finish the last set of corrections, the Legacy of the Force fanbook should be ready inside a week. It's going to be 220+ pages and it looks gorgeously phenomenal (or phenomenally gorgeous, I can't decide which).

And to think, this project was dead only four months ago. Let's hear it for serendipitous resurrections and new leases on life. 8) Mr. Green

EDIT: Also, I just got my new BluRay player 2 days ago. I think I'm gonna celebrate by watching ANH again (I already watched Rogue One earlier).
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the final version of the Legacy of the Force Sourcebook is complete. I'd like to thank everyone whom had contributed to the sourcebook since the beginning ten years ago. Also, I want to thank Sutehp for his proofreading skills that evolved into co-authorship.

Anyway, I hope that everyone here enjoys the sourcebook.

Here is the link to downloading the LotFSB - Version 1.4: http://www.mediafire.com/file/o70ctbzazdjsxjx/Legacy_of_the_Force_Sourcebook_-_Version_1.4_%5BFinal_Version%5D.pdf
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot! It's done!

It's finished!

It is accomplished!

The course has been run!

The Eagle has landed!

Victory!

We do not talk about Fight Club!

...Wait, how'd that last one slip in here? Embarassed

EDIT: Also, I've added the Legacy of the Force Sourcebook into my Google Docs for an additional source for download. Just follow the link in my signature to the Public D6 Star Wars folder(s).
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I managed to wheedle, finagle, and con --I mean, beg-- Treefrog into doing one last draft for the LotF Sourcebook and, while it's not quite perfect, it's about as perfect as Treefrog and I can get it without Treefrog suffering a psychotic break and murdering me in my sleep. (And that would be quite a trick considering he's halfway across the country from me, but I'm not gonna risk it.)

Here's my Google Docs link for it:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By9UuUWWH6CiOE0yY29oVWVHeUE

If the above link doesn't work for some odd reason, you can also find it through the link in my signature. It's in the Public Stuff>Public Star Wars Stuff>D6 Stats folder.

I hope you guys enjoy it and find it useful.
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Ok, I managed to wheedle, finagle, and con --I mean, beg-- Treefrog into doing one last draft for the LotF Sourcebook and, while it's not quite perfect, it's about as perfect as Treefrog and I can get it without Treefrog suffering a psychotic break and murdering me in my sleep. (And that would be quite a trick considering he's halfway across the country from me, but I'm not gonna risk it.)

Here's my Google Docs link for it:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By9UuUWWH6CiOE0yY29oVWVHeUE

If the above link doesn't work for some odd reason, you can also find it through the link in my signature. It's in the Public Stuff>Public Star Wars Stuff>D6 Stats folder.

I hope you guys enjoy it and find it useful.

Wink, wink... I know people..... J/k (or am I?)

Really, I didn't consider this a bona fide fourth draft, considering that there were so few of them.

Anyway, as Sutehp stated, this is as near to perfect as possible.

Here is the absolute, final version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e515z0l4gveh9cr/Legacy_of_the_Force_Sourcebook_-_Version_1.5_%5BFinal_Version%5D.pdf
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treefrog wrote:
Really, I didn't consider this a bona fide fourth draft, considering that there were so few of them.

So few drafts or so few mistakes? The entire purpose of having drafts is to reduce the number of mistakes in each subsequent drafts so that the only way you know you don't need any more drafts is because there are no more mistakes to put into the latest draft.

Quote:
ANY EDITOR WORTH THE TITLE: Hmm, how do I know this is the final draft? Well, let's see, I corrected that misspelling last week...That column error I fixed yesterday...Making sure that this header was consistently italicized is something I took care of this morning...Ok, I can't find a single mistake or error that still needs to be addressed. Yup, this is the final draft! OY, PUBLISHER! YOU CAN PUBLISH NOW! YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure professional editing is kinda like that. Shocked Mr. Green

EDIT: Truth be told, I would have liked to do just one more draft but for two things: 1) I think I've tested Treefrog's patience enough already as he's eager to move on to his other projects and I've already said at least twice to him "dude, just one more draft and then we'll be done, I promise!" and 2) LotF is, editing-wise, way better than unedited fanbook drek like GG 14: The Dark Side and G+ Communities The Dark Times. That latter one really disappointed me as it had so much potential but got ruined because it didn't have a competent editor (if it even had an editor at all).

Compared to those two books, the LotF Sourcebook is worthy of being a professionally published gamebook, IMHO. So I have no problem with releasing this version now as the number of errors left in it are merely subjective stuff about proper wording in the phrase about rerolls and "having to accept the reroll, even if it is a worse result" and can be counted on less than one hand. I can live with that. The stuff that really got my goat was the inconsistencies with all the headers that needed to be harmonized, and we got all those. That's 40-50% of editing right there. The other 50-60% was rewriting (and researching!) the write-ups for the characters and ships to make sure 1) they were consistent with Legends history/continuity and 2) could be read so grammar nazis like myself didn't burst a blood vessel every time we turned the page.

Thank the gawds for Wookieepedia. It ain't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but damn if it isn't useful when it needs to be! Mr. Green

Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to editing Rebels Season 2. 8)
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at Valin Horn's D6 stats. Why are his Force skills so high? Creative licensing?
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
I'm looking at Valin Horn's D6 stats. Why are his Force skills so high? Creative licensing?

Ask Treefrog. I'm just the editor. 8)
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Forceally wrote:

More like you're trying to get to safe distance in case something goes boom here on the thread. Razz
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
Forceally wrote:

More like you're trying to get to safe distance in case something goes boom here on the thread. Razz

...You're not wrong. Shocked

*runs* 8)

But yeah, the stats stuff I had to leave to Treefrog as I have next to no experience with D6 mechanics and knowing what is proportionally correct. My job as editor, as you know, was to make sure the write-ups were grammatically correct and (especially) to look at stats entries and make sure they were all uniform (stuff like making sure the same things were italicized or capitalized uniformly, that sort of thing).

2 months of hard work, but I like to think it paid off. 8)
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:

Thomas on the swrpgnetwork holonet forums did both Saga and D6 stats for Valin Horn.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. I remember now. You started this project on the SWRPGNetwork website.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at Alema's and Jacen's stats. For Alema, you had her willpower decreasing throughout the series. I can understand that because she slipped further into her madness. But what about the drop in Jacen's Force skill die codes. Is it because he lost limbs and had them replaced with cybernetics I believe?
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Been a while since this thread's been active. I was doing some comparisons between Isolder's stats, and I found a glitch that we missed. His persuasion skill was 8D in Cracken's Threat Dossier. But in this sourcebook, it's 7D. Guess we missed this. Hopefully we can correct this and post a revised sourcebook.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: