The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Crafting and Modifying
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Crafting and Modifying Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xun Ximuun
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Crafting and Modifying Reply with quote

Is there any skill for modifying weapons? and also what are the rules?

Also, what is the skill for making simple things? Like an automatic dart launcher on your wrist, or simple trap devices?

---Anaru Timoti, Dark Jedi
Volo Enrunk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

modifying weapons is covered in the skills section of the "blue Book" the roplaying game book with vader on the cover. items cannot be modified more than 1d+2 beyond there original by one pip at a time and the cost is based on the original value of the item and it goes up each time they have wrist lasers in the bounty hunters book? ( i think) and also in Galadiums fantastic technology. i know that a dart launcher would be old tech the only thing i've seen is in the jedi sourcebook its an Orange book for Old republic Jedi campaigns it has a wrist caster in it unfortunantly i don't have the book with me or i'd give you the stats for it i think it was 3d phisical damage. and it was a missle weapon skill...Xun i highly suggest reading the Blue book skills and rules sections a few times then post anything that sounds confusing also i belive they have a page on rancorpit.com that has all the revised and expanded rules i highly suggest using at least the scale conversions one. its very very helpful
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought there was a section in the second edition revised?
Perhaps that only pertains to ships?
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it partains to modification of any kind...

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well…that was easy.
Just look it up. If you have that book that is.
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Wookie rage
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1D+2 thing...is that for armor as well? And if so does it apply to resisting physical, energy, or dex penalties, or does it apply to all of them?

"Let's just say we'd like to avoid any Imperial entanglements." ~Obi Wan Kenobi
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does apply to armor as well, but you have to raise the physical and energy resistance separately.
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnar, was that a house rule you guys had? The books don't specifically say you have to improve the energy and physical resistance separately.

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't say that, but then again the book is vague on armor. "refer to improving weapons," or some such thing. I don't know how the seperate mods came in, but I've been doing that for a long time. I just checked the book and it doesn't say, so as of now the seperate mod rule is destroyed. Smile

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We always used GM discretion.
For example if a player wanted to jack-up one of his weapons damage the GM would lower the ammo that weapon can hold, to represent that its eating up more power or something to that avail.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We run it as there are 5 modifications you can do. So you can use them all to raise the damage, or you could raise the damage by 1D (3 pips) add a scope (1 pip) and an ammo pack that holds a little more (1 pip). Also the GM throws in his own little surprises Wink

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More power, more ammo consumed. Make sense to me. Don't forget about fire control, the good'ol laser sight and stabilizer. Here's a thought, do you apply the firecontrol of a laser sight even in the heat of battle, or do you need to aim? I say you need to aim, but that's me.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well one of the home brew things we have is a “smart-gun” system.
Basically it is a scope on the weapon that has a feed to the faceplate, or visor or what have you. We would give a small bonus to hit with said weapon…usually between +1 to 1D depending on the quality, expense etc.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to aim. As far as I'm aware fire control is a computer assisted targeting system.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes but if you had the computer in your suit and it could display a HUD (Heads Up Display) into your visor and the computer was linked to sensors on your gun then it could concievably predict the location of a moving target in real time and display it's predicted location through the HUD so that you can aim for moving targets with more accuracy...

Or the simplist solution it could superimpose a croshairs on your visor that lets you know where your gun is targeted... just like a first person shooter 8)

Just be dure your sensor/scope/sight is properly calibrated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: