The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

House Rules... Power Core Rules for Vehicles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> House Rules... Power Core Rules for Vehicles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spacer7767
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: House Rules... Power Core Rules for Vehicles Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm an old player/referee from the first-edition days, who has been away for years. I have all of the rulebooks from "first edition" to "revised and expanded"... I have always liked the D6 version of Star Wars(better than D20) and found it an easy system to customize for my campaigns.

Having been a fan of the old X-Wing/TIE Fighter/W-Wing Alliance PC games, I always wanted to create the same freeform power core options in my Star Wars rpg, that you could have in the PC game... shifting power from the engines to the lasers, or shields, during an action scene or combat...

I came up with this method(which has worked well for my games, but not playtested by anyone outside)...

Your Starship has a Power Core die code, equal to, or less than the highest attribute code of the starship... Shields, Weapon Damage, Maneuverability, or Speed Code(Yes, we still use the Speed Code, to simulate acceleration and deceleration)...

The Power Core code represents the "extra" power generated, that can be re-routed to other systems.

The player can shift Power Core dice(or pips) to the Starship's attribute codes to increase their performance.

If the Starship is damaged, Power Core dice can be lost, and reducing the ship's performance.

If the Starship is destroyed, then the Power Core erupts, causing scaled damage (effected by range, like a grenade) to any near-by ships, or platforms(docked ships that explode)

What do you think? Does this add anything, or just complicate the game... We liked using it, but it always helps to have the insights of other players and refs.

Thanks!
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power rules were made for D6, they are in Far Orbit Project adventure. There you can shift dice between Damage/Sensors/Communications/Shields up to 2D.

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
spacer7767
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I do not have the Far Orbit rules.
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It goes smth like this.

A ship has enough power available to run all of its systems simultaneously, and has enough carrying capacity to channel up to an additional +2D to any system, rerouted from any other system, which are turned off. This power is in raw form, and has no benefit to computer systems, like the navigational computer or targeting systems. It might be able to boost communications range or active sensor scans.

CONDITION DC
Simple power rerouting (single system to single recipient) 15
Rerouting multiple systems to a single recipient 20
Rerouting multiple systems to multiple recipients 25

The higher you roll, the faster the reroute will take place.

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
spacer7767
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah hah... Thanks. I found a pdf copy of the Far Orbit Project(along with many other books I did'nt have), so I have a lot of catch-up reading to do before I post again!

I had been using a House Rules mix of the First Edition and the Second Edition... taking what I liked from both and modifying to suit my group's needs.

We started playing back in 1987(I was 19), and had stopped playing by 1997, as our group grew up(college, started careers, got married/started families...), but I had kept the books, and have pulled them out to play with my kids.

We tried the D20 version, but I doesn't have the same feel... D6 is much more fun.

Well, I'm off to update myself!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: