The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

my adventure ideas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> my adventure ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jorlan vinn
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: my adventure ideas Reply with quote

ok i have had a few adventure ideas for a campaign and need other opinions on them.so heres my first one(by the way this is my groups first game and they don't care what era its in)

the pc's are making a hyperspace jump to naboo but their ship has suffered damage in a fight and they arrive at a strange world they mistake as naboo.when they land they are captured by an odd species and are put in a primative prison.they must escape and find thier equipment and ship.

adventure #2

the pc's are hired by members of the new republic a few months after the battle of endor to hunt down a troop of stormtroopers in the lowest and darkest layers of coruscant.

and finally #3

shortly after the battle of geonosis the republic has discovered jango fett had faked his death.the pc's are hired to kill him and must travel to kamino.they will first be discovered and fight him in the air.then chase him for a few rounds through the large confusing halls and,finally follow him into a large room with no other doors and dispatch him.

tell me how you like them Very Happy
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

Sounds like a fun idea.

Wouldn't they discover that they came to the wrong planet once they are out of hyperspace? Perhaps they discovers a distress beacon on their sensors? Maybe the former owners of the downed ship have been eaten/sacrificed and once the players are free, they can loot the downed ship as a reward?

Edit: You could also leave clues in the downed ship that leads to the next adventure...a datapad or something. And since the natives are approaching rapidly they only have a limited time for looting, adding to the stress of the players.
hazardchris
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gravitating towards adventure 2 myself.

It sounds like a pretty good way for the players to be brought together if they want to come from a variety of backgrounds. Perhaps the NR has posted a general job offer to hunt these stormtroopers down or the characters could be a newly formed Mercenary company and it's their first big contract.

The first adventure sounds really similar to an adventure that I adapted from a d20 concept involving a society of Force Users called the Killian Rangers and can be done very well, if only to illustrate the level of technology in the Star Wars galaxy vs. traditional D&D.

Let me make you a picture!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: my adventure ideas Reply with quote

jorlan vinn wrote:
shortly after the battle of geonosis the republic has discovered jango fett had faked his death.the pc's are hired to kill him and must travel to kamino.they will first be discovered and fight him in the air.then chase him for a few rounds through the large confusing halls and,finally follow him into a large room with no other doors and dispatch him.

tell me how you like them Very Happy

All three ideas have potential for fun adventures. Please tell me your idea for how Jango Fett faked getting his head cut off to a Jedi Master. This I gotta hear! I'd also be interested in hearing why he'd go to all that trouble to make the Jedi think he is dead.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My idea of the campaign would be in addition to my former post...

The players are all aboard a transport that jumps to the wrong system. They can get to know each other in the prison.

The data pad in the downed ship contains a contract for the storm troopers on Coruscant.

The stormtroopers have information of a cloning facility, where some unknown but important bounty hunter have been cloned.
jorlan vinn
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ whill,jango had went to a fortune teller after having a close encounter with obi wan.she told him he would soon face his death during the first battle of a great war.fearing for his life he hired a decoy to go for him but didn't tell boba thinking he mighy be scared.after the death of the decoy the republic found the grave boba had dug thinking it was his father(boba had not looked at the head)when they discovered it wasn't his they posted a bounty for him(they couldn't hunt him down because the clone wars had just started)

and @ random,thanks for the idea about tying them together.my groups meeting sunday.i cant wait Smile
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that if you put your campain in that time you had better come up with something other than stormtroopers to hunt down. If you want to make a campaign with all three adventures that is.

I think it would be fun if you went for the cloning idea with Jango.

Good Luck!
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the primitive planet scenarios. there are a lot of ways you can go with that. it would be cool to have a pc or npc that is a native that might be a fellow prisoner. maybe he or she is a "heretic" with force powers awaiting execution. or an exiled ruling family member. the pc's might have to escape and help a coup to get their ship back.

Jango might have several "sons" that help him fight the PC's. One of them could survive and be a nemesis later on after he finishes licking his wounds... maybe he links up with the sub terranian troopers...

The Chijawa said so, that's why.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course! Jango had two hundred thousand possible clone decoys. Maybe there was only one he trained to pose as him (poor sucker cloner took a lightsaber to the neck for Jango). Interesting idea.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: