The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Itani Nebula Base?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Itani Nebula Base?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Itani Nebula Base? Reply with quote

Anyone knows what the Itani Nebula base was used for..

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Itani_Nebula_Base

It says it was a secret research station and s shadowport, which seems like weird combination (given the usual meaning that shadowports are havens of smugglers and their like). I dont have any of the books used as sources (or at least I dont have Platts anymore), so any help is appreciated...
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a space station built when hyperspace travel was still rather new. It was set up near a jump beacon. I'll give you the background section copied.

Platt's Starport Guide page 118 wrote:

Darknon Station
System: ltani system
Starport Type: Limited services
Traffic: Rare
Control: Controller
Landing: Directional beacon, controller
Docking Areas: Docking bays
Docking Fee: 25 credits per day
Customs: Local checkpoint
Services: Food, repair

Capsule: Formerly a way station for travelers using the nearby hyperspace nav beacon to journey around the Itani Nebula, Darknon Station is now a backwater stop for pirates, smugglers and bounty hunters on their way to more lucrative ports. It often serves as a brief stop over for quick repairs for such spacers. Few stay on the station longer than a week, usually because they have pressing business elsewhere, the station starts sounding like it's going to tear apart, or an Imperial cruiser shows up as part of its regular patrol duty.
Although decrepit, Darknon Station still offers some limited starship services. Although only six of the original 18 docking bays are still operational, the station does offer repair services as well as meager meals and accommodations. And, although the station's one customs official checks out everyone coming and going through the customs check point, he doesn't seem to care who they are, what they're doing, or what cargo they're carrying as long as they don't bring it on to the station and don't cause any trouble. For spacers. Darknon Station offers a remote haven from the galaxy's bustling starports and the Empire. But few stay for long. Rumors abound that the abandoned sections are haunted, and the starport controller, Rexis Lovech, is mentally unbalanced. If spacers occupy his docking bays for too long, he sometimes forces them to leave, saying he needs to make room for other starships in the now nonexistent traffic holding pattern around the station.

This is the official station there. The one that you linked is mentioned only in a rumor among spacers. Somewhere near the end of the section on the nebula.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
It was a space station built when hyperspace travel was still rather new. It was set up near a jump beacon. I'll give you the background section copied.

Platt's Starport Guide page 118 wrote:

Darknon Station
System: ltani system
Starport Type: Limited services
Traffic: Rare
Control: Controller
Landing: Directional beacon, controller
Docking Areas: Docking bays
Docking Fee: 25 credits per day
Customs: Local checkpoint
Services: Food, repair

Capsule: Formerly a way station for travelers using the nearby hyperspace nav beacon to journey around the Itani Nebula, Darknon Station is now a backwater stop for pirates, smugglers and bounty hunters on their way to more lucrative ports. It often serves as a brief stop over for quick repairs for such spacers. Few stay on the station longer than a week, usually because they have pressing business elsewhere, the station starts sounding like it's going to tear apart, or an Imperial cruiser shows up as part of its regular patrol duty.
Although decrepit, Darknon Station still offers some limited starship services. Although only six of the original 18 docking bays are still operational, the station does offer repair services as well as meager meals and accommodations. And, although the station's one customs official checks out everyone coming and going through the customs check point, he doesn't seem to care who they are, what they're doing, or what cargo they're carrying as long as they don't bring it on to the station and don't cause any trouble. For spacers. Darknon Station offers a remote haven from the galaxy's bustling starports and the Empire. But few stay for long. Rumors abound that the abandoned sections are haunted, and the starport controller, Rexis Lovech, is mentally unbalanced. If spacers occupy his docking bays for too long, he sometimes forces them to leave, saying he needs to make room for other starships in the now nonexistent traffic holding pattern around the station.

This is the official station there. The one that you linked is mentioned only in a rumor among spacers. Somewhere near the end of the section on the nebula.

Yes, I have a digital copy of that book (my friends borrowed copy lost with almost all my other SW books). I am aware of the info therein. I also looked it up on Wookiepedia which mentions a secret imperial base hidden in the nebula. If you click the link you end up here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Itani_Nebula_Base

Apparently its a 'research station' thats mainly used for staging grounds for Imperial raids by special forces. It also mentions that its destroyed by the Rebel Alliance.

As sources Platts guide and The Force Unleashed Campaign guide are cited. Platts obviously dont have any info beyond what you posted, and I havent been able to find whatever info is in the Force Unleashed book.

Thats why I wondered if anyone knew about the station.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least found the location, or at least in general. As Darknon is a old navigational beacon it should logically be placed between Itani and Freemond on the map below (which shows the route charted by Freia Kallea).

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/3/39/HydianWay.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: