The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

2 guns
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> 2 guns Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 guns Reply with quote

JorallEpat wrote:
(Notice: I don’t really know anything)

If a player has 2 guns can he fire them in the same turn at different targets without a -1D? And can he shoot both at one thing and combine the damage?

We had a character want to do the same thing. I allowed him to take two shots (one from each hand), then the -1D penalties began. I told him it would require a really cool background to get it, and IF it was cool enough, he would pay one attribute die for this 'special ability'. But then, I always reward creative thinking.

Last edited by Volar the Healer on Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then the only real reason to fire with 2 guns at once is if you're all alone hiding behind a bunch of crates with a squad or two stormies on the other side... Stormies who have a warrent for your arrest and saw you duck into this factory (which has only one entrance/exit) and aren't likely to slap you on the wrist if they catch you

In that situation it would be in your best interest to make them think you are as many people as possible... In fact it would be really good if you could convince them you ran in there because you had backup waiting for you in there. 8)
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always, always have more than one weapon and have a decent supply of ammo. Weiss has 3,4,5...8 weapons on him on a regular basis. He always has the martial arts to fall back on.

In that particular stormtrooper situation, it's always handy to have a few grenades, but if you don't take a page out of Weiss' book. Use cover, a lot, set your weapon for stun, if you wound, they go down. You can always kill them later. Use that force point or character points to save you.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rathe Ehtar wrote:
Statistically, I don't see why someone would use two guns anyway. A heavy blaster pistol has no fire rate so you can just shoot it all you want.
Since the rules don't discuss off-hand stuff, I apply a -5 to the off hand shot total, but really, you could avoid that by just shooting twice with your main hand. I'm a big fan of the double pistol thing myself and I only do it to look cool. 8)

Ah yes but remember you might not always have a gun with no fire rate (for instance you may have just escaped from being captured and only have the guns from the poorly equiped but large and unusually resiliant to blaster shot guards) in which case a gun in each hand starts to look like a much better option... particulary in the corridors where the large guards don't have too much room to dodge 8)
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think it looks way cool to blast away with…um…blasters.
I just wish there was an official way to effectively go “two-gun-combo” crazy.
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote

Quote:
Ah yes but remember you might not always have a gun with no fire rate (for instance you may have just escaped from being captured and only have the guns from the poorly equiped but large and unusually resiliant to blaster shot guards) in which case a gun in each hand starts to look like a much better option... particulary in the corridors where the large guards don't have too much room to dodge

Naturally, but who would use blaster pistols against armored guards? Now rifles I can see, 5D damage, but kinda ackward, one in each hand. That's only two shots a round. Forget looking cool, shoot once and make sure you hit. That's my advice.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Style Over Substance", Rathe... Style Over Substance.

Sure you can do something the old fashioned way... But if you can do it, and look good, why not?

I'm going to take this time to point out that my group are also CP2020 Players. Laughing

EDIT: I had to lock this thread because of a glitch. -Loc Taal
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: