The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Attributes for Luke Skywalker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Attributes for Luke Skywalker Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
The fact that Owen wouldn't let him go for the power converters conceivably results from a failed opposed roll.

Does what Luke's saying sound like good haggling? I'd have cut him off too.

I've tried to Con my parents. They have natural immunity, or a +4D bonus, at the very least. I'm willing to bet most parents do.

Quote:
I'd say being in disguise qualifies as trying to con anyone who sees you, unless you reveal your identity. I think Han's epic fail was referred to as an example of a wild die failure in some WEG book or other.

The disguise seemed to work just fine as they walked Chewie from the docking bay to the detention block. He even got in a successful Con roll on the officer-in-charge ("Prisoner transfer from cell-block 1138"). Once he met the person he was there to rescue, he didn't need to Con her. Telling her he was not a stormtrooper, and was there to rescue would be more like a successful Persuasion roll (against an absurdly low difficulty) than Con failure.

Quote:
Obi wan also seemed to think stormtroopers were good shots... I think he was letting the jedi in him get the better of the Alec Guiness in him.

Ah, but maybe Obi-wan had it right, and the stormtroopers who took out the sandcrawler really were good shots, but the ones in Docking Bay 94 (and most of the rest of the films) just plain-ol' sucked. The variable accuracy of stormtroopers is a topic of potentially endless discussion.

Getting back to the spy, there could be all kinds of reasons. Maybe Obi-wan sensed they were being followed but didn't detect any real danger, and since they were going to be leaving as soon as they got on-board anyways...

Quote:
A couple more examples: He doesn't seem to get the fact he's standing on a trap door in Jabba's palace, even with 3P0 trying to warn him.

You mean the same Threepio who was interrupted by Jabba before he could say the words "a trap door"? The same Jabba who just happens to have natural resistance to Force powers, and the trap which has no organic components and is thus not readable by Life Detection?

Quote:
He sees two banthas a hundred yards away but misses the sandperson two yards away.

How about a Tusken with a really high Sneak skill?

Quote:
He doesn't seem to notice the wampa, or at least doesn't know where or how close it is.

How about a Wampa with a really high Sneak skill, plus the natural camouflage of it being all white?

Quote:
And for good measure, he seems to be able to tolerate Ewok music, implying deafness.

And yet everyone else seemed to be enjoying it too. Lando was even clapping along, and he's a Gambler with a 4D Per.

Honestly, if I had to come up with stats on Luke Skywalker from scratch, I would probably put Knowledge as his lowest attribute, mostly because he is a backwater kid who has never been off Tatooine. Granted, he isn't the most observant person in the galaxy, but that doesn't mean he's blind and deaf either.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Anakin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Fallon Kell wrote:
Anakin wrote:
Luke don't know she is his sister when she kisses him.

That's because of his low perception!

And exactly how high does your Perception have to be to recognize that a woman that you have just met, out of millions of millions of beings in the galaxy, just happens to be your twin sister, who was separated from you at birth? If Oedipus couldn't recognize his own mother and father, then its not all that fair to give Luke a low Per just because he had an incestuous moment or two.

Quote:
Anyway, yeah strength is a kinda iffy stat. You could have 2D strength and 14D lifting so you could lift a ton, but if a flower pot falls on you from a balcony it might kill you. My advice is just go with it and don't let it interfere with your perception of the size or shape of the character. They have space muscles they're different.

Most RPG systems break up Strength and Toughness, but it's really six of one, half-a-dozen of the other.

But SHE clearly states that she knew;
-I know. Somehow, I've always known...
In other words, she is the pervert! Laughing
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh... I think we'll just have to disagree.

And Anakin, she's your kid. I guess you would know...

Complete Starship Construction System
Anakin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
Meh... I think we'll just have to disagree.

And Anakin, she's your kid. I guess you would know...

Embarassed
Yeah, I guess that's what happens when the father is not around when his kids grow up...
Anakin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Dear daughter, it's about time I tell you about the birds and the bees...
You see, when a man and a- what? Actually I don't know what a bird or a bee is. It's just something you say. Anyway, when a man and a woman love each others very much- yes, just like me and Padme -they might want to- no, not like you and Luke. -they might want to- yes, I know he always say he loves you, but it's different. Because he is your brother. Where was I? A man and a- Yes, I also say I love you, but it's also different. No. Because... because *waves with the hand* You don't need to know why.

An hour later

-I don't know about the kissing part. We stopped doing it when my tongue got stuck in the grid...
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some subjects can make even the Dark Lord of the Sith feel akward.

Complete Starship Construction System
Riij Skootu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:

Besides, I don't like having my players run into the main characters, even if my players run into luke, I don't have him roll anything, he's luke skywalker, if he tries to do it, he succeeds.

I just wanted to say that line made my quote of the day. Thank you!!

I like letting my players know what is going on while they are doing things.
I like to think of it as merging lines where different peoples fates are coming
together, sort of thing. Just my thought on the topic. Smile
MasterGeek
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thus far the closest my group has come to meeting any of the main characters from the only three movies made was when I decided a ridiculously high sensor roll let them pick up the engine trail of the falcon. The group had been going to check why a rebel operative hadn't checked in from Alderaan, they TOO came out of hyperspace into an uncharted asteroid field not long after the Falcon, and picked up the trail from when it headed towards the Death Star.

And if they DO meet anyone from the trilogy, I agree with other posters. They're the main characters, no reason to stat them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: