The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Defenders of Onderon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Defenders of Onderon!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Praxian
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Defenders of Onderon! Reply with quote

Ok. So I run a game set on Onderon set between the era's of 3 and 4 (roughly 10 years between the movies).

In it, the PC's have moved up to where they are now "Nobility" from the planet. It's a very Dictatorship-style hierarchy where there is an Empress who is in charge.

She has nobles who answer to her who run the day to day business of Onderon. Initially when the PC's were running from who they were, until they saw the Empire was worse. Now, they try to make things better for Onderon.

For those who are "Force Sensitive", the Empress has moved the families into a better district and "drafted" the force sensitives to be taught as planetary guardians and defenders. The key is that while yes, they are taught a little here and a little there, The Force that gets used is so little that it's not noticed by the Empire.

One of the players is a former "smuggler" type who now (after 4+ years of playing) has a business that is fairly strong and reputable in trading, selling, buying, and more importantly, delivering.

The other PC's (who're new because well, their "Jedi's" got killed), served on board the ship. One as a doctor, another as a gunner.

One of the players (who doesn't play anymore) brought too much attention on House Organa, so Bail is officially thought to be dead (killed by a Bounty Hunter), and Leia has been taken by Vader and is being trained along-side of Starkiller.

Not sure what to throw at the players now. My version of Star Wars is a much bleaker and darker one where there is little hope that the Empire will be overthrown.

I'm currently working on having the players make a "name" for themselves in the Tapani Sector. But I could use some ideas for what you all would have in mind.

On occasion Bail comes out of hiding where he is building up the rebellion still, but at a much slower and weaker rate than the movies, and has the players run missions for him.

Ideas? Anything good? =D
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Bail has informants that help him track down Leia who Vader has pawned off on a lower level force user to train up, and the pc's are recruited into trying to free her.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the PCs are as veteran as you say they are... You might consider having them be the new founders of the rebellion, if the one player has a business, the empire can impose tariffs, and seize his ships.

Or, perhaps the empire drops a garrison and imposes martial law, which threatens to shut the players operations down for good, the only way is to figure out a way through the imperial blockade, or shutting down the land lock at the spaceport.

The planetary government might not be able to support them openly for fear of repercussions from the empire, but may give some support to underground movements and whatnot. Who knows? Maybe instead of Alderaan getting targeted for destruction from the first Death Star, maybe it's Onderon in this universe.
Praxian
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bail does have informants that's trying to help him do a few things through the universe (currently, Bails identification he goes by is "Void" and he's an apprentice Bounty Hunter "learning the trade" under someone who is helpful to his cause.

As it pertains to rescuing Leia, I have a story put together for that. However the PC's are choosing to not do that option. They're choosing to completely ignore story-arc. Thus the problem - sometimes they just go elsewhere where I wasn't expecting.

I've even had one of the players say "Even if Bail Organa asked, I wouldn't go to rescue Leia - it's too dangerous".

So, Leia grows up learning the Dark Side of the Force with Vader teaching her and Starkiller at the same time.

Luke however, is still on Tattoine. Nothing has actually changed with Luke in his situation. The PC's don't know that Obi-Wan is on Tattoine, thus he is still safe from a lot of stuff they were doing.

As it pertains to actually organizing the Rebellion, I've tried getting them into doing that too. And they're just not interested in leading the Rebellion. They are willing to support it, but no one wants to be the one that actually gets everyone organized.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does motivate your players? Money? Freedom? You can impact this without sending them into combat.
Praxian
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty much it. Money and not seeing their characters locked up.

I've had a few things happen to where they are forced out of Hyperspace early and there's a Star Destroyer there and they get caught on the spot, but of course, it's usually when they don't have anything illegal on board or anything to bust them out on.

As it pertains to his business, I'm about to have (I think) 1 or 2 of the ships in his business (he has 4 I think) get confiscated by the Empire for transferring contraband / illegal weapons w/out a permit. Have him lose those ships and what not will directly affect what he has to do.

Aside having his business start caving from under him (which wouldn't be too hard - he's given the captains orders that if they want to smuggle for the small terrorist groups against the empire, just don't get caught). I'm not sure where else to go with them as they're shooting down things as I send them out.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if one of the captains plea bargains to turn in the owner for immunity, he meets up with the guy for a sting operation, then imperial troops bust in on the place and try to arrest him. Now he's wanted for crimes against the empire, and the only way for him to clear his name is to see the empire brought down. Then, the empire seizes all of his ships, and confiscates his accounts. He's left penniless, without a business, and without almost all of his ships. You could leave him one, maybe his main ship if you're feeling generous. Then Bail could approach him with a solution to his problem. Join the rebellion, he would have use for his underworld contacts, his business mind, and knowledge of smuggling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: