The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Darkstryder Campaign
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Darkstryder Campaign Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Darkstryder Campaign Reply with quote

Has anyone done this campaign? I'm kinda curious. I just bought the set. Wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions for it.
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking of running this campaign someday and I am also interested in opinions Smile.

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's one of my favorite campaigns of all time. I modified some of the adventures, swapped a few chronologically and adapted some old school 1st ed modules that fit into the campaign surprisingly well.

I also created my own "FarStar manual" for players using the info presented in the GM material and deck layouts of the ship. My goal was to make the ship feel as real and detailed as possible.

Is there anything specific you wanted to know?
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. In the rulebook it was stated that players can play two or more characters at the same time from the original crew. But the campaign is fully playable with *new* characters, right?

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and no. It's not recommended unless you don't mind drastically altering the campaign. Many of the provided characters have hidden agendas and secrets that will be revealed throughout the course of the story. What the book tells the players to do is pick a pre-generated command crew member, a pre-generated support crew member, and then generate their own support character using the standard rpg rules. One reason for this is that it's a fairly deadly campaign and characters will die. Support characters will move up to fill gaps in the chain of command.

A few of my players felt overwhelmed with running three characters so I let them have two by picking a command crew member and generating their own support crew character.

I think the book tells you which characters will be developed further in case you want do get rid of someone.
The Brain
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, ran it back in the day when it first came out. In my learned opinion easily one of the top 3 best pieces of work to come out of West End. Did you happen to get the 3 follow up modules also?
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did. Boxed set, Kathol Outback, Kathol Rift, Endgame.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i played this campaign i played as Lieutenant Darryn Thyte and as Thanis Gul-Rah and in the very first adventure we managed to save Captain Ciro, thus contrdicting the story and after that we launched a commando raid on Oon Tien so that the empire would not use the ship yards to attack any nearby planets and slow down the expeditionary force that was supposed to be following us. used DEMP gun to obtain some assassin droids. We stole about 100 ion mines from the orbit of Shintel and later used the to steal 9 modifed b-wins from Pembric II(We also shot Shev Bombasa dead) and to disable the ambushing task force at Galtea an then destroy them by using the tractor beam to slam the cap ships togeather. And that was just the first book, hell by the time we reached demonsgate we had a small fleet and were in high spirits.

The point is i advise you let the players set the pace, read the adventure fully before running it and well good luck.

Oh and be wary of letting anyone be captain, power does funny things to people.
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a possibility to buy three supplements to the campaign (and hope to get main book sometime later) for a good price of 20$ for each book with shipping. However I have read recently here and there that the story is very linear, that players can't change anything and I have some doubts now. Anyone can help me with any advice? Thanks! Smile

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nico_Davout wrote:
I have a possibility to buy three supplements to the campaign (and hope to get main book sometime later) for a good price of 20$ for each book with shipping. However I have read recently here and there that the story is very linear, that players can't change anything and I have some doubts now. Anyone can help me with any advice? Thanks! Smile

I don't know what "20$" is in your money or economy, but $20 US each is too much in my opinion. But only own them, and have skimmed through them. I have never played them or ran them, so my opinion is fairly uneducated here. Now $20 for all three sequels seems like a good deal.

I think the best value in Darstryder is in the initial box set with all the goodies in that. $20 for that is a good deal if it is all intact and in good condition.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also created my own "FarStar manual" for players using the info presented in the GM material and deck layouts of the ship. My goal was to make the ship feel as real and detailed as possible.

Can you elaborate a bit on what you all included in the manual? I am planning on running his one in the near future and one thing that is very obvious is that there is an overload of information and am not sure how to bring all of the characters up to speed.
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose you still have a copy of the FarStar manual knocking about?
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit to being curios about manual as well.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me three.
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's make it four.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: