The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Influence of the Dark Side...and how you fall..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> The Influence of the Dark Side...and how you fall.. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
In my experience, as willpower is cheaper to raise, players still pump CPs into wp.

I would, too. My reasoning against using Control has more to do with my feeling that training one's self in the ability to manipulate one's personal connection to the Force would not impart the training and discipline required to master one's own emotions. If anything, having the ability to do something would increase the temptation, not lessen it. Essentially, the Force skills would cover how to use the Force, while Willpower would be, in part, a representation of the moral and ethical training to use it properly.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
sithholocron
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lancil wrote:
IMO...The Jedi code is strict and it is meant to be taken literally. Because only buy living by it can you not eventually turn. Remember, the code has had thousands of years to be tried and tested. Evin if the guy who wrote the code didn't know what he was talking about by now it would have been refined to perfection.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Ignorance and passion both lead to chaos and death, and all races in the galaxy have a plethora of both. With out strict discipline and diligence to the code (or one very similar too it.) A force user does not stand much of a chance at staying with the light. Anakin Skywalker is a good example of this he played fast and loose with the code and became the surge of the galaxy.

In all my years of reading and playing, I have never once thought the Jedi Code was strict, it's a code to live up to, to try and be, and even the most mastered Jedi fail. It's "human nature" if anything the code are the lessons that you must learn to follow through with to be a successful Jedi.

Digital Assets:
support: patreon.com/chipmaps
store: ko-fi.com/chipmaps/shop
social media: instagram.com/chipmaps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: