The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What ever happened to Ahsoka Tano?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> What ever happened to Ahsoka Tano? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarm R'keeg wrote:
I have definitely heard the Fulcrum rumors. I hope it isn't so; I'd love to see canon branch out more on its own or grab more things from Legends (folks like Garm Bel Iblis, and numerous other rebelion-founder figures), rather than continue to insularly reference only existing canon works and Mcquarie sketches. (Plus, I don't want Rebels to legitimize a connection between itself and TCW). But, considering the unresolved nature of her fate, having her as Fulcrum probably WOULD make sense for the franchise, whether I like it or not. Wink

Rebels is not quite so insular - They have canonized relatively obscure WEG Legends stuff like inquisitors (well at least the existence of one inquisitor). I would like to see them put even more WEG stuff into Rebels.

And I wouldn't call it just a rumor now. It's a leak. Check this out this page with a screenshot showing credits of an actress who did Fulcrum's voice in the French-dubbed version of the show. "Asokha Tano déguisée en Fulkrum – Série Animée" was one of her credits. The page has since been updated.

Despite my failure to find a way to accept that the Jedi Order was so incredibly inept to give such a fundamentally flawed Jedi his own padawan, and only one month after his terrible pain at the loss of his mother was felt by Yoda literally across the galaxy, I had no doubt that Ahsoka would turn up in TCW. The biggest clues of a TCW-Rebels connection is that they are the only two animated series that are a part of the new canon, and Rebels completely mimicked the animation style of TCW. Rebels takes place after TCW, and it just looks like a successor. And you may not have been aware that Hera is the daughter of a TCW character.

My understanding is that Ahsoka is one of (if not the) most important non-film character of TCW series. Another big clue is the fact that they left her fate unresolved in TCW. Sure, they could go the route of making a novel out of it, but I understand that she is very popular and has quite a large fan following, and a lot of those fans are TV-only fans who don't read books, so putting her in Rebels is keeping her in the same medium.

Actually I'm really happy that Ahsoka is in Rebels, because that makes it more unlikely that they will put her in the new sequel trilogy. Ahsoka is easier to continue to ignore in the new canon if she is not in the live action films. I pray they will not even mention or reference Anakin ever having a padawan in the new films.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

Rebels is not quite so insular - They have canonized relatively obscure WEG Legends stuff like inquisitors (well at least the existence of one inquisitor).

This is true; but they did all that stuff at the start, the series-concept. They seem to have been disappointingly unadventurous in everything they've introduced since then; we haven't got any Jabba's Palace aliens, and only the most common of Cantina aliens, for instance- I wanna see Givin, Sic-Six, Luttrilians...! Not to mention some EU aliens, or species that Ralph McQuarie did NOT draw. (Not that I object to the stuff he did, mind you- I just want to see a bit more in addition to it.) Hopefully, this will happen as the seasons progress and they get some time for more character models, as it did in TCW.

(Incidentally; not meant as a criticism of the show. They're still doing a LOT of things great! This is more of a... wish list.)

Whill wrote:
And you may not have been aware that Hera is the daughter of a TCW character.

I was. But that's the kind of wink-nudge behind the scenes stuff that the EU always did... didn't mean there'd ever be an on-screen connection drawn. Oh, well... a guy could dream.

Whill wrote:
Actually I'm really happy that Ahsoka is in Rebels, because that makes it more unlikely that they will put her in the new sequel trilogy. Ahsoka is easier to continue to ignore in the new canon if she is not in the live action films.

This is a silver lining. Good point!

Whill wrote:
I pray they will not even mention or reference Anakin ever having a padawan in the new films.

Ugh. You just made me shudder. I will join you in that prayer. Smile

Hard core OT, all the way!
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

********************Spoilers*********************

Yup

Don't click it if you want spoiled!
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tetsuoh wrote:
********************Spoilers*********************

Yup

Don't click it if you want spoiled!

That Wookieepedia URL currently states "No file by this name exists."
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh sneaky snakes.

Spoiler!

Here

they removed it on me - but i found it.......
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now we know
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(SPOILERS)

...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo...! Evil or Very Mad

Kidding aside, not my first choice, but there's been time to adjust to the surprise-that-surprised-no-one, and bringing her in alongside Bail helped soften the blow. The bitter Legends fan in me says "Oh, sure, all those OTHER fan-favorite characters will just be loose ends forever, but they tie THIS one up...", but the realist sees the practicality of bringing in any doubting TCW fans, creating inter-trilogy ties, and using a fan-favorite character to kickstart season 2 stats.

As someone who's only seen her in 'SkyGuy' mode, it will be interesting to see what they do with a (hopefully) more mature version of the character. Bring on season 2 (Ahsoka and all)!!! Very Happy

Thx1138
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me adding her to rebels just seemed very unimagative, I had always thought that during the purge, she would be near the top of Vaders kill list just under Obi-wan and possibly Yoda. It also makes no sense that she would be putting herself out there by working with rebel cells since it would not be safe, I could see her working with them if it was the actual alliance but the alliance has yet to be formed at this point. All in all I feel that the creators were a little lazy and instead of looking up or creating an interesting character they just rehashed an old one. One things for sure, perpare for a blood bath since Vader is on the scene.
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx1138 wrote:
could see her working with them if it was the actual alliance but the alliance has yet to be formed at this point. All in all I feel that the creators were a little lazy and instead of looking up or creating an interesting character they just rehashed an old one.

Much as I tend to be in the "'unlearn what you have learned' is just a stupid excuse for putting no effort into continuity" camp... I think this is one of those cases where we can't make that assumption. Apparently- if all portents are being read correctly- the alliance has been formed, earlier than prior canon dictated. I'm the last person to advocate disloyalty to Legends, but... I think this is one of those places we have to accept 'everything you know is wrong.'

(Frankly, TFU's idea of a Mary Sue single-handedly forming the rebellion that Bail and Co. were too passive and wimpy to do on their own always bugged the heck out of me, so anything killing that idea dead is aces in my book. Wink)

As long as they remember ANH's title crawl (the first major victory against the Empire can't come 'till season 5 or so... and I'm sure it'll all come down to 4 seasons of splitting hairs about what counts as a 'major victory'), then a show (FINALLY) centered around the Rebel Alliance is well worth bringing them in a few years early, in my book. (Then again, I'm biased; this show looks like it's becoming everything I ever wanted since the cutscenes in X-wing and the Rogue Squadron novels came out... Smile )

Thx1138 wrote:
One things for sure, perpare for a blood bath since Vader is on the scene.

Oh, yeah. They said in an interview that some people worry about depowering Vader (a.k.a. 'Star Trek Voyager Borg Syndrome'- and indeed, while they did a good job of keeping the threat level of the Inquisitor up, if the group survives Vader that many times, fans will be calling shenanigans), but that they don't have to worry. from the tone used, I can only assume that getting Vader's attention will have some major consequences. It better.

And if that gives us a chance for an Ahsoka vs. Vader final confrontation? Much as I don't give a fig about the PT, and even LESS of a fig about TCW... that would be flippin' AWESOME. Wink

Thx1138
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final battle between them would be awesome, if it is done right. Ahsoka has to die by sacrificing her self so the rebels escape. And during that battle vader has to lay the big one down like he did to Luke, that would make it worthy of bring her back
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calling it now, "Your Master would be so disappointed." will be one of Vader's lines.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Calling it now, "Your Master would be so disappointed... Snips" will be Vader's last line to her. With a look of horror on her face, she says "Sky G--?" before being decapitated.

Fixed 8)
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! A friend and I were just joking about that in the car yesterday. One thing is for sure- I do not want to hear the word "Snips" coming out of Vader's vocablator. EVER. Smile I'd prefer not to hear the name 'Ahsoka Tano.' 'Jedi,' 'girl,' 'rebel,' 'scum,' and 'you' are all acceptably Vader-ish ways of addressing her. Diminutives or her proper name rolling out JEJ's smooth baritone might just make my soul cry a little.

Whill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel ya, but I think I could accept it if Vader 'snipped' off her head before ANH takes place. I just think it would be funny. In my mind, if the character is never referred to (not even generically as "Anakin's apprentice") in live action films, then everything about her, including her death, can be seriously ignored with respect to the films).

Although some aspect of Rebels is somewhat interesting (mostly the ones based on WEG ideas), my biggest worry about TCW and Rebels having the same canon status as the live action films is how continuity from these TV shows could ruin the live action films. I don't need to hold these shows to the standards of the films. Since I can't make the shows not ruin the films, I just hope that they don't and can continue to be ignored, no matter how bad they are.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I feel ya, but I think I could accept it if Vader 'snipped' off her head before ANH takes place. I just think it would be funny. In my mind, if the character is never referred to (not even generically as "Anakin's apprentice") in live action films, then everything about her, including her death, can be seriously ignored with respect to the films).

Although some aspect of Rebels is somewhat interesting (mostly the ones based on WEG ideas), my biggest worry about TCW and Rebels having the same canon status as the live action films is how continuity from these TV shows could ruin the live action films. I don't need to hold these shows to the standards of the films. Since I can't make the shows not ruin the films, I just hope that they don't and can continue to be ignored, no matter how bad they are.

Lets be fair, while TCW and Rebels have plenty of flaws, they are no worse, and better in some cases than much of the EU.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: