The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The ultimate Badguy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> The ultimate Badguy? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kira Firestorm
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: The ultimate Badguy? Reply with quote

Okay in your game if you could create the Ultimate Bad Guy, who, what would they be?

EG: id like to create if my DM is reading this one day, a Soveriegn Protector that after losing his beloved Emporer, gather a group of Royal Gaurd, Death Gaurd and his fellows, maybe add a few Dark Side adepts, a touch of Storm Commando's and Stormtroopers, gathers them al together and heads off on a Soverign class ship to chase Luke Skywalker and any other Jedi down, kill them all.

So its up to the players to stumble across them, then run off and warn the Republic of this serious threat and be a part to bring them down.

Would be a really hard adventure, lots of twists, near deaths, climatic fights, and a struggle to the end.

Well thats my thought
Praxian
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ultimate bad guy eh? Well, that's easy. It's an NPC that -used- to be a player that has been consumed by the dark-side and is after the players for revenge.

Typically, if someone falls to the dark-side, I'll let them continue playing as long as they're trying to "redeem" their player. Usually that means working with the player group. However when the players "toss the player aside" well, he/she is gonna want revenge. Wink

They know all about the player group, their loved ones, strengths, weaknesses, where they like to "base" at, all that jazz.
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my ultimate bad guy always was smart, had lots of money, and worked through underlings enough that the pc's really didnt know who the "ultimate bad guy" really was.

my next ultimate bad guy is a twist of this, but even further. can't say much more, because I want to run the game on here as a PBP

The Chijawa said so, that's why.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praxian wrote:
The ultimate bad guy eh? Well, that's easy. It's an NPC that -used- to be a player that has been consumed by the dark-side and is after the players for revenge.

Typically, if someone falls to the dark-side, I'll let them continue playing as long as they're trying to "redeem" their player. Usually that means working with the player group. However when the players "toss the player aside" well, he/she is gonna want revenge. Wink

They know all about the player group, their loved ones, strengths, weaknesses, where they like to "base" at, all that jazz.

I played in a game where the party ended up splitting into two. One group followed my character (a total of 3 PCs) and the other group followed the fallen Jedi (Total of 5 PCs). (Part of the reason we spliet was due to the number of players).

The two games ran concurrently and what one group did could effect the other. In the end it was up to my team (not exactly the good guys, but we still worked with the New Republic) to bring in the others.

It was really fun and when we ran the final confrontation we had both groups in the same house, just in different rooms, then brought together as we faced off.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet..

For me it is one who is smart, knows how to properly use his tools (which includes his men), and is not afraid to lay the smack down on his opponents.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Dark Jedi Dathomirian Rancor. Cracken's Threat Dossier gave them stats that could be used to make a PC (see A Rancor as a PC for the discussion and hilarity on the subject). Give them the max on their STR for their species (maybe have them increase beyond 8D) so it's extremely difficult to injure them normally, then give them lightsaber at at least +1 above their DEX (minimum of 4D in Dexterity) and at least 5D in each of their Force skills. And give them at least one Force power, lightsaber combat. Their already going to be a shocking sight (a sentient rancor? that's gotta already be a shock to PCs), but just picture them carrying a lightsaber wehre the handle is probably at least a meter long and the blade is three times longer than the normal lightsaber blade.

Wanted Poster
Kira Firestorm
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats seriously scary if it was possible, but i guess with the rules for them it is now.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw that. Give me a dark jedi Krayat dragon..
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

... or a guy at work who's a jack@$$* in the break room during tea break. Man, that guy would be the ultimate SWRPG villain.

What?

Smile
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hisham wrote:
garhkal wrote:

... or a guy at work who's a jack@$$ in the break room during tea break. Man, that guy would be the ultimate SWRPG villain.

What?

Smile

Yeah, that guy who takes the last cup of coffee from the pot and doesn't make a new pot! Man, he's evil!

On a more serious note, a truly nasty villain is always one that the PC group has a personal stake in... "You killed my brother!" or "You've been blocking our efforts at every turn!" always make the conflict more engaging than simply "oh, here's Sith Lord villain #4"
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or when the villain is related to a PC somehow.

"Luke, I am your father..."
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

Ok, show me the offical stats for a krayat as a PC or NPC and not just creature stats and I'll agree. That's why I said Dark Jedi Dathomirian Rancor, there are offical stats to make a PC or NPC out of them rather than merely have them as a creature.

Wanted Poster
hazardchris
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
Or when the villain is related to a PC somehow.

Always a classic. Another good thing to do is have them go after the families of the players, and more importantly, have them succeed.

Let me make you a picture!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been there, done that. BUT with a number of players i have had, they would not care that much..
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rerun941 wrote:
On a more serious note, a truly nasty villain is always one that the PC group has a personal stake in... "You killed my brother!" or "You've been blocking our efforts at every turn!" always make the conflict more engaging than simply "oh, here's Sith Lord villain #4"

I like the "You killed my brother!" theme. Specially with a Jedi in the group. There's always collateral damage and some innocents are killed. One of them could have a perfectly GOOD relative that is out for justice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: