The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New Star Wars PbP - Not accepting any more applications
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview -> New Star Wars PbP - Not accepting any more applications Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeeringCorpse
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, guess I jumped the gun, I used my character name to register Laughing
Critias
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I used Critias for my login, but put Tamren Voord in my sig-line. Hopefully that'll be the best of both worlds.

Can't wait to get a cool avatar pic!
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Background: Fathered by a reclusive xenoarchaeologist on a remote lab he was both assistant and company, he inherited his fathers habit of keeping his data encrypted so that it does not fall into the wrong hands, it also means he dose not trust the mainstream academic community to use the data responsibly. A pirate attack stole his sister and fatally wounded his father. Before his death he made Delsen promise to find his sister. So after his father died he took the master copies of his data files and erased all others and transfered his lab to the ship of a trusted spacer captain, who had been helpful in delivering supplies to the far off research post. Now he travels the galaxy doing field work as a xenoarchaeologist and helping the crew with there various tasks. He is searching for his sister who was kiddnapped in the pirate attack.

Personality: Quiet unobtrusive and thoughtful if a little cold.

Objectives: Searching for his missing sister and ancient alien civilizations.

Physical description: A hansom but unobtrusive man looks to be fit and in his early to mid twenties, neatly groomed blond hair and blue eyes, often seen wearing a lab coat.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you need any more info for a character pic Obi?
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do i download the pbp software for the new site now that i have registered?
obidancer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what software?
you don't need anything but an internet connection and a browser!
just connect to http://pbp.obidancer.com login with your user name and password and you're set! Just like you do here on the forum.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. Thanks Obi.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many pages to catch up on!
Yeah, looks like until the iPhone 4 is released in Canada and I switch carriers, I won't have any real internet access while I'm working (other than for actual, ya know, work purposes Razz ). Once I switch carriers, I'll have cell service in the community where I work and will be able to use my phone as a cellular modem and have some daily access.
THIS week, however, I'm doing some training that is closer to home than to my work community, so I'll be staying in my home Wed and Thur. nights... I'll be around a bit more this week Smile I'm sure in that time frame I'll have my character finished. If not, I'll probably finish it up at work and surreptitiously send an email with my info to obidancer, or to Vong to pass on to obidancer Wink

I've signed up on the forum; looks good... and weighed in on the ship name.

I have started in on my background, but I'm not close to being done. My job's been a little physically demanding (I'm essentially working as a Park Warden without firearms or fire response training), and I've been going to bed early Razz The night I stayed up later, I spent it repairing my parents' laptop that I brought along, instead of working on Star Wars characters Razz I'll be putting some work into it today, but I have a table top D&D game tonight, and some things to catch up on that I haven't been able to keep on top of without net access... plus I have to update my own PbP game Smile It's all coming together, though Razz

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Critias
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...A pirate attack stole his sister and fatally wounded his father...

It wasn't me! Embarassed

We're the first Star Wars crew I've been a part of that had their own academic, I can safely say that! I keep waiting for the punchline, with this group. "So a gunslinger, a medical droid, a kid, and a xenoarchaeologist walk into a bar..." Laughing

Speaking of...did we lose our Jedi?
Quote:
My job's been a little physically demanding (I'm essentially working as a Park Warden without firearms or fire response training), and I've been going to bed early...

Sounds like it's a cool job, at least. It beats being busy and tired doing something you hate, y'know?
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Critias wrote:
Sounds like it's a cool job, at least. It beats being busy and tired doing something you hate, y'know?

Oh yeah, I'm quite familiar with that concept Razz
Yeah, it's pretty good thus far... but I'm also only doing this for a few weeks before I transition to ecological monitoring for the remainder of my contract. I'm a scientist by training, and had been working with the Park last fall/winter as an ecological technician; they asked me to start a couple weeks early to help out on the warden side of things before working as a tech again. Gotta say it's pretty sweet working/living in a national park through the summer... kinda isolating in the winter though Razz

Donate to Ankhanu Press
LeeringCorpse
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to worry Critias, I'm sure we still have our Jedi, Marrid Tradvers' wastel senses tell him there is more to that Droid then simple faulty programing Wink

Sounds like a really fun job Ankhanu, it's always nice to get up and get to work at a job you enjoy. Hopefully you can get your net access worked out to your benefit.
-LeeringCorpse knocks on wood- Heres hoping you don't get your rump gnawed upon my a brown bear. Wink
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeringCorpse wrote:
Not to worry Critias, I'm sure we still have our Jedi, Marrid Tradvers' wastel senses tell him there is more to that Droid then simple faulty programing Wink

Sounds like a really fun job Ankhanu, it's always nice to get up and get to work at a job you enjoy. Hopefully you can get your net access worked out to your benefit.
-LeeringCorpse knocks on wood- Heres hoping you don't get your rump gnawed upon my a brown bear. Wink

Whos faulty! Bit of advice, never insult the medic, espically when the GM sees fit to give us a bacta tank Twisted Evil

heh, and Ankhanu, it like you are ranger Gord, stopping Yogi from stealing his pick nick baskets!

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
LeeringCorpse
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I most humbly beg your pardon, I did not wish to fling a insult, I only meant to imply that I feel there is more to Pontine then meets the eye. Embarassed Very Happy
hobbes
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be a drag, but I strongly dislike the name Busty Anything for a ship name.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prude
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: