The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

How much unofficial D6 material is allowed in your games?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> How much unofficial D6 material is allowed in your games? Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: How much unofficial D6 material is allowed in your games? Reply with quote

Well folks, after read bits here and there in existing threads it struck me that some players don’t allow much beyond existing D6 material in their games.

So my question is, how much do you allow in your games and why?
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well... the thing is Son, some players have a lot more material to work with in the first place than others... so going beyond that is not required Smile yet...

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s for sure!
I fall into that “don’t have squat” category.

So it becomes necessary for my group to utilize stuff off the net, just to get some extra info. But even some existing official material has been updated and outdated in recent canon. So what happens when a discrepancy arises?
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've never had to deal with bored Canucks stuck inside due to cold, have you?

All those Speeders I wrote up were just because I was bored, for the most part...

And, no, they aren't bloody well allowed... My GM hasn't even looked at 'em...

So, if you use 'em, please PM me, so I can know that I didn't waste my time entirely!
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you mean?
I don't think i've ever come across a discrepancy so, give me an example Razz

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem man.

Once our game picks up again I'll be sure to include them just for you.
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it being mentioned that Obi-Wan is Owen Lars brother, and…(I don’t mean to open this can of worms again)…underwater Lightsabres and Blasters…stuff like that.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son Of Fire wrote:
Like it being mentioned that Obi-Wan is Owen Lars brother

Where does it mention that?

Son Of Fire wrote:
(I don’t mean to open this can of worms again)…underwater Lightsabres and Blasters…stuff like that.

None of my players are playing jedi, and my urban team hasn't had to worry about shooting under water yet... when someone complains about the official stuff... I'll handle it then Smile but until then, blasters do cut damage underwater.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, SoF, the Obi-Wan thing wasn't WEGs fault. That was the word from LucasArts in a few Magazine Articles as well way back when...

It's changed since then, yes, but only after WEG Lost the Contract for Star Wars (Rather rudely as well, I'll hasten to add.).

I'm not going into the Underwater bit, however.
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In one of my books…I think it was the trilogy book under its history of “old Ben”. And yes they where just working with the material that they have been given. But now Lucas is trying to get some serious continuity to their mythos, and they have hired a bunch of new folk to sort that out. And frankly, it’s about time! The unfortunate thing is that WEG is left in the dust, and as I have said before, they never had the support that Lucas is give WOTC.

Well its good you don’t have to worry about the whole Lightsabre/blaster thing as of yet.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah. Wimps. Worrying about water...

In my group, we have discussions on how thick GRASS has to be to disperse the Magnetic Bubbles that a Blaster Shoots... And what types of Blasters... Be it Pistols/Rifles... Civilian/Military... State of repair...

And don't forget to show your math. Laughing
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, you guys should go to http://www.stardestroyer.net if you want to get into a ton of math.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my group falls into the not having squat catagory also so try to stay official whenever we can but we let common sense guide us as to what is possible... After all I play an esoomian and they're not what I would call 100% official. My GM just saw Tantor thought the species had possiblities and extrapolated
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think as long as everyone in the group is kosher with it then it’s all good.
Halda
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crell Damar wrote:
Son Of Fire wrote:
Like it being mentioned that Obi-Wan is Owen Lars brother

Where does it mention that?

It is definitely in the 2nd ed version of GG1 ? A New Hope. From memory it was in the Owen Lars entry (it was a few nights ago that I read it).

Son Of Fire wrote:
(I don?t mean to open this can of worms again)?underwater Lightsabres and Blasters?stuff like that.

None of my players are playing jedi, and my urban team hasn't had to worry about shooting under water yet... when someone complains about the official stuff... I'll handle it then Smile but until then, blasters do cut damage underwater.

I think the entry for Aquatic Stromtroopers has their blasters having reduced range but the same damage underwater. Unfortunately I don?t have my books on me. I can check it out tonight and post back tomorrow.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c- beams glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. - Roy Batty, Blade Runner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: