The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Promotions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Promotions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Promotions Reply with quote

Just wondering how many of you guys have ever recieved an in game promotion, how you got it and what being promoted actually did for your characters.

Our group got premoted fro rescuing the brother of the leader of our rebel cell. Due to anti-alien bias the Human was promoted heighest and the weirdist alien (that would be me) was promoted the least.

If only it was as easy as it is in the forums.
-Rebel leader aproaches you
"I hear that you've been saying a lot of things around camp, sometimes they're helpful other times it seems like you just like the sound of your own voice.... Anyway in recognition of all the stuff you've been saying we've decided to promote you. Congradulations"
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the characters belong to the Rebel military. Most are privateers.

Those who are military, do receive promotions, decorations, and such. With rank comes responsability, but also priviledge. A ranking Rebel officer can order cooperation from supply or support from intelligence. PC officers are regularly given command of platoons or companies and allowed to write the orders to accomplish the goals they are given. The non military PCs are usually attached as "advisers" or "specalists". Afterwards, the military PCs get a promotion or award ceremony, rcognition from Rebel command, invitation to state dinner to meet Mon Mothma, etc...the non military PCs get a hearty handshake and thanks from Rebel intel, some cash or a "favor" - redeemable at the discretion of the PCs.

Both have advantages. In real life, military men serve for honour, mercinaries for pay. In my game, I respect that.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.

In my game we're part of the rebellion but essentially we're a self sufficient rebellian cell. The higher ups in the rebellion know about us but we only know what everyone else knows about rebel high command. We've never met any of the personalities in person.

Now that I think about it I have no idea if our rank applies to anything other than out own rebel cell.

Hmmm I'm not quite sure how our hierarchy works as we're more akin to a terrorist/anti-terrorist cell than a legitimate military organisation.

Anybody have any ideas how that sort of thing works?
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
Hmmm I'm not quite sure how our hierarchy works as we're more akin to a terrorist/anti-terrorist cell than a legitimate military organisation.

Anybody have any ideas how that sort of thing works?

One of the Tom Clancy books dealt with an Irish terrorist cell. Maybe something like that?
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't read it.

Any idea which book it is?

Or does someone know the book and feel like summerising?
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see... There was S.C. McDuff... No, wait, he was only partially alligned with the Rebel Alliance and had a rank of "Occasional Assistant", and he died pretty quickly...

Capt. Jack, now he... No, he never got any promotions... The COs just looked at his history of Mental Breakdowns and other psyciatric assistance, not to mention his history of heavy medication...

OH!!! Crunch got a promotion finally! He went from "Point Man Private" to "Point Man Sargent" at the start of the Alamo Operation! He actually commanded the Calvary Unit of all the Speeder Bikes from his Swoop. Over a Platoon in size... They were termed in the field "Hell's Firehydrants"!

Fear the Dogface Soldier!!!
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book was called Patriot Games. It was made into a movie staring Harrison Ford. Hmmmmmm. Where have I heard that name before?

Last edited by Volar the Healer on Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Cool.

I'll check it out

Thanks
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volar the Healer wrote:
The book was called Patirot Games. It was made into a movie staring Harrison Ford. Hmmmmmm. Where have I heard that name before?

Lol Laughing 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: