The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

My SW-RPG Since 1997 (didn't know where to put it)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> My SW-RPG Since 1997 (didn't know where to put it)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlesnowbc
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: My SW-RPG Since 1997 (didn't know where to put it) Reply with quote

(If this needs be moved, so be it. I couldn't figure where it would fit. You can skip my introduction and get to the Adventures if you scroll down.)

Greetings! I have been lurking, for a while now, looking over Rancorpit.com and finding the great caches of information. Big ups to Gry and his teams of willing participants.. I ate up every sourcebook you all compiled. It took some time to get registered, which I must thank those responsible for allowing me to finally communicate with this great community!
I may have talked with a few of you via IM as well, I thank you for your kindness and patience.

Yes, this is my first post. I don't believe in little posts. lol

Introducing myself, I will begin at the beginning. lol
I really wasn't that into Star Wars. I know. But, one bright day in high school, 1997.. a friend invited me to create a character for the SW-RPG from WEG. I had played D&D, 2nd, long before, and had a very bad GM experience.. Anyways. I created a bounty hunter and played the most exciting RPG.. EVER!
I was hooked. I watched the films again. And again. The Special Editions, then the books, the RPG supplements.. I couldn't get enough. I began to run my own games, with an ever rotating number of players, even lost a few so-called friends that took the game a little too seriously. I played online at a now defunct site called WBS. I'm sure some of you know about it, it was a popular hideout.
As time went on, I tried other games.. none of them as exciting as SW.
Fast forward to today, I am 29, father to two children, and still RPing SW strong. My wife and son both play in my games, we're waiting for the 5 yr old to 'calm-down' enough to roll the dice (not throw them across the table lol).

(Adventures Here!--->)Now, to the meat of the matter.

I, like nearly everyone, have created my own little chunk of the SWU. I would love to make a sourcebook for it, but that may be a little too much work for my busy life. I would love to share the story, it is full of good hooks and plot. I always enjoy reading someone's story, it gives me good ideas for my own games! I also couldn't decide on whether to discuss in order of when the adventures were played, or when the adventures took place.. lol

1. Betrayal at Sullust
I love this hook. One of the characters is approached by an opposing faction and is enticed to betray the others. This particular adventure revolves around the characters transporting goods and/or minerals from Sullust. Once everything is loaded, the characters arrive to find their ship already taking off.. without them! They are now stranded, most likely wanted by local law enforcement and forced to hide. Making enough creds to get off-world can be difficult, maybe they have to gain employment, or maybe they decide to rob someone.. like Grand Theft Starship. The story in discussion here had Rebel characters betrayed to Imperials and forced to work in slave labor. One character managed to escape and then execute daring raids to rescue his compatriots..

2. Endor Epoch
I used this just once, to much applause. The characters crash land on Endor, several years before the Death Star's destruction overhead. Their starship will never be repaired, forcing them to survive the planet's wildlife.. The characters who played this game spent their time exploring and trying not to kill each other, while avoiding Ewok patrols.. (A vicious off-shoot managed to snag an NPC, leaving behind his desiccated corpse, obviously eaten) They watched the Death Star appear in the sky, raided an Imperial base and managed to escape. It allowed one character to train (ala Luke and Dagobah) and leave much wiser.

3. Givin Take
The characters are aware of a shipment of goods that was abandoned. 4 Gallofree Medium Transports, just ripe for the picking. Upon arrival, scans show a ship already docked with one of the Transports. The hull has been breached on the ship, requiring suits to enter. Givin, who are not so easily hindered, have started the process of taking the cargo. The characters must engage the Givin, who defend their 'prize' to the death. It proved a unique adventure; the environment, proving difficult, especially with the artificial gravity cutting on and off. One Givin was comic relief, hiding inside a container, leaping out when discovered, and flailing his way into open space.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this! i will definitely add more when I get the chance.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi littlesnowbc. Welcome to the Rancor Pit! Smile

Last edited by Bren on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, welcome to the Pit and thanks for sharing your hooks.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
littlesnowbc
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Thanks so much for your warm welcome! Whill, I do believe we've had a conversation or two.. You have the Myspace for D6, don't ya? I tried and still have a proboards for Star Wars D6.. if that helps. lol)

Ok! So! Here's a peek at my character's adventures... mind you, each Mission/Episode took at least a few weeks to complete and I'm summarizing so I don't bore the crap out of you.
I will eventually like to add the actual system, ala Pirates of Prexiar.

You can skip my rant my scrolling down-->

Because i LOVE history, I have a detailed timeline stretching back millions of years. Don't let that scare you, I only have approximately 100 entries. lol The wierd thing is, I don't really alter the SW timeline at all.
Don't even get me started on canon. lol We all use what we like, don't we? Doesn't Lucas say somewhere that WE, as storytellers, or Directors, have our own little SW canon universe?

Smile --->to here.

First Mission-
Okay, so my first character was a bounty hunter sent to retrieve a data-tape from a Rebel agent (somewhere shortly before the Battle of Hoth) in a cantina on Tattooine. The team also included a Young Jedi, a pair of Brash Smugglers, and an incompetent and indecisive Wookiee. The characters got a table and were approached by the contact, who immediately handed over the data-tape.
There we are, sitting at a table when Stormtroopers roll up asking for ID. While handing over his 'hunting' license and angling his light-repeating blaster, my character's table was 'passed'. Before he could walk away, I rolled wonderful damage at point blank. The stormtrooper's leg was blown completely off.
Chaos ensued. I remember my character being left behind, just as an Army platoon pulled up.

Second Mission-
The characters transport supplies to Hoth and are there when the Empire strikes. They maneuver through deep tunnels and engage Snowtroopers (right about when the Rebels spot the walkers on the horizon). using turbolifts to the surface, they spot the AT-ATs and manage to take one down. Bounty Hunter + Jet Pack x Thermal Detonator = Boom. They realize it's futile and flee. (lol) As they head over the ridge away from the base, they get the order to retreat anyways.

Third Mission-
Our characters were sent to a GM custom world (similar to Endor) to explore a supposed 'Lost Jedi Temple'. Surviving numerous traps and local wildlife (some strange snake-bat creatures), the characters find a small holocron. As they leave, they discover a bounty hunter is after them. One of the Brash Smugglers is killed.

There was some downtime at this point, due to various circumstances. Our group got a new player and the Smuggler's character was graduating high school and wanted wrote out of the story (ie. sniped by the new player's character). So the Young Jedi studied with the holocron while the rest worked on our 'communal' ship.
Once it was all worked out, we began again. We picked up a Brash Pilot, a Laconic Scout, and another Bounty Hunter (it was something about all those weapons).

-->Again, thanks for the welcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: