The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force Powers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Force Powers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MA-3PO wrote:
Quote:
If martial arts maneuvers for Spec. Force chars are 10 CP each (if you don't raise your Martial Arts specialty by a full +1D), then why would new Force skills be only +5 CP?

I too am looking for realistic methods of letting my Jedi improve without them getting out of control. How about borrowing from the martial arts rules?

For every +1D a Jedi improves he gets one Force power for free. However powers that use more than one skill count as two powers. For example, to get Lightsaber Combat for free the Jedi has to improve both Control and Sense skills by +1D. Of course the point cost for improving the skills is still doubled without a master.

The rules you've just described are exactly how the R&E corebook handles learning Force powers, with the exception of the ability to learn powers without an instructor.

And yeah, my fix is just to increase the cost of powers you develop without an instructor (or holocron, scrolls, etc.) as well. It sounds reasonable to me.

I have Star Wars stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way i do it for home games, is it takes 5cp and a teacher to learn a Force power. 10 CP if on your own, OR have experience the effects of the power first hand.

On a side question. How many holocrons do people place in their games???
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, we have found two so far, and we've only raided two, sith temples.. >_>

Naga Sadows temple on Yavin IV, and one we made up...
which the most powerful jedi the group destroyed my holocron when i tried to 'Show her what it will do'.... Twisted Evil

i would say just about every above average jedi made their own holocron.
Like Yoda and Ben, they were stuck there sooo long, surely they would have constructed a holocron incase they died before it was all over with,
and they hadn't taught a student
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: