The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Extreme weirdness
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Extreme weirdness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gregorius
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Extreme weirdness Reply with quote

what are the weirdest, or most outrageous things you have seen done in adventures?
It can be weird characters, weird events, Gm/player decisions, the adventure itself, or anything and everything else.

Let me start the ball rolling.

One of the players I know had a severely odd character. The character was a normal human, with high strength, no ranged weapons, and a pocket knife, and an extreme phobia of alcohol. On top of this, when anything unusual or strange happened, or when his phobia came into affect, or when even slightly annoyed, he would proceed to kill everyone and everything within sight! He hasn't gotten killed yet, but It'll probably happen when he decides to suicide charge a tank, or something else extremely stupid.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the other pcs?
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weirdest and funniest tactic anyone has come up with was years ago when a temp guy joined the group for a few sessions. He played a very 'Predator' like alien.

We were hunted by a tracked combat droid and he came up with the idea to combine a hole in the ground with a small ramp. The idea was to have one of its track going into the pit while the other went up the little ramp to flip it over. Totally said with a straight face with no plan of how to lure the droid there (not a problem in his mind)... It was an 'in joke' about unrealistic plans for years.
mdlake
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean weird behavior in play, or do weird adventures count? Also, do you want Star Wars weirdness specifically? Otherwise, the anecdotes are likely to pale beside games like UA or GURPS IOU, designed to wade hip-deep in weirdness.

I've got lots of non-SW tales to tell, but, I've never actually played SW; I'm here to get pointers on my next campaign.
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...There was one game where our party (& 2-3 other groups) ended up in Rifts Earth...(was run well, but YIKES)...
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not SW related but it did have folks laughing and had unexpected results. A friend of mine had been GMing a game, kinda a Call of Cthulu type thing, with a few friends and it was supposed to be the last night. I'd tagged along and since there were folks not going to be there, he asked if I'd be willing to take one of the characters over. Not much of a problem, better than just sitting watching folks, ya know. So I was handed this character, a little old lady, and explained the whole situtation which included the fact that she was scheduled to be killed off that night. Fairly easy to not get too attached when you know the character is already doomed, all I had to do was play her until she got offed.

Problem was I missed avoiding a mental damage roll so she went insane. Think female Yoda time. Seriously, I was playing this insane old lady with the Yoda speech mannerisms. And had her running around with a carving knife attached to the end of a broomstick for a weapon. Folks were cracking up at her and my friend had her live because of it.

Wanted Poster
Black 5
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Mace Windu was in a WEG published book a decade before Phantom Menace. Okay I'm sure the Jedi who Palpatine killed wasn't the same Mace Windu on Tatooine 20 years later... but WEG had a NPC with that name first! Smile
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were starting off a campaign on the same night that our GM and the guy playing a Failed Jedi got in an argument, which the player won, and the GM took personal. The player ended up paying for it in-game. The mission was a treasure hunt, and the Failed Jedi was introduced to the campaign by waking up in a bar with the treasure map branded on his @$$. Every time he tried to sit down, the GM made him roll Willpower to see if he could take the pain. If he failed, the character had to jump up and yell "OWW, MY @$$!"

Of course, the Willpower roll was set obscenely high.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
notmalcolypse
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this one gets some story background to it, so my apologies for being long-winded, but I really liked this game so I'm going to use my response to this thread to get it up here for posterity while I'm thinking about it. I'll mark the relevant outrageous bit with a couple of these Exclamation for those of you with somewhere to be today.

The game was set "sometime way before the movies" and the characters were a group padawans who had been collected by one master during his roaming of the galaxy. His most experienced student was almost ready to be given the trials when the game began, two more were a good ways into training, and the last was a kid with just enough training to be dangerous to himself and others, though rarely intentionally.

For the first two sessions of the game I was playing the master, but in the third session the party met up with a fallen jedi (who quickly and efficiently disabled the master)and his apprentice (who proceeded to beat nine kinds of heck out of the rest of the party).

The eldest padawan lost an arm in the fighting, the kid lost a lung, so with their numbers halved the two remaining members were more concerned with getting this dark-side dervish(which was the apprentices nickname amongst the players for the rest of the game) away from their wounded team mates. They managed to lure him away, but while they were dodging down hallways in fear for their lives, the master was being tortured in front of the wounded padawans.

The kid kept trying to use tk to hit the fallen jedi and free his master and managed to anger him enough with minor annoyances that he finally told him "If you won't let me enjoy my revenge, then let your master's blood be on your hands" and ran the master through. The kid freaked out and tried tk-ing his master's lightsaber into the fallen jedi's back, earning him a DSP.

The fallen jedi leaned over the kid, asked his name (he didn't get any response because of a sucking chest wound) told him he had potential, promised to see them both again, and left. On his way out of the building, he let his apprentice know that they were done here and the two of them left the group to lick their wounds.

The oldest student took responsibility for the others training and safety until they could get back to Corruscant. They did not make it in short order. Before he left the planet, the fallen jedi stopped by the party's ship, crippled their pilot and deleted most of their nav computer coordinates.

When they finally recovered enough to move on, the eldest had a cybernetic arm that didn't deal well with moisture, the kid had a second hand (ick!) cybernetic lung that clicked audibly every time he started to breath out, and they had only a handful of coordinates that they could use their nav computer to find reliably.

Their trail was quickly found by a bounty hunter hired by the fallen jedi before their meeting to find their ex-master. He ended up badly damaging their ship and chasing them down to a planet's surface to continue the attack. With their ship on it's last leg, they looked for a place that was safe to set down, while the bounty hunter kept blowing holes in their ship. Someone grabbed the kid and pulled and Indiana Jones out the airlock with an inflatable survival habitat into a swamp as they skimmed over it. Most of them went down with the ship when it crashed.

Exclamation Ok, this is the bit that is outrageous and applies to this thread, don't worry, it'll be over soon.

So, the bounty hunter circles his ship to finish off his helpless prey. The oldest student decides that he has to protect the other injured and less able students, so he hops up on the top of the ship and brings up lightsaber combat.

Everyone at the table told that deflecting a ship scale weapon was impossible, and his response (I kid you not on this) was, "with the force, nothing is impossible, I'm gonna do it!"

The storyteller set a rediculous difficulty somewhere in the mid-forties, the player spent a force point and rolled the most amazing run of wild die sixes that I've ever been present for and winning the day. Exclamation

Ok, now that the thread-relavent craziness is out of the way, back to my meandering reminisces...

The shot reflected directly back into the bounty hunter's ship and it went down in the swamp that the survival habitat had hit. The high-rolling jedi was found barely alive, horribly burnt, with his cybernetic arm freshly melted into slag along with his lightsaber.

The player who man-of-actioned out of the ship with the kid in tow was knocked out by the impact of his escape and rescued later, still lashed to the top of the survival habitat.

The bounty hunter managed to escape from the ship before it exploded, and dragged himself to shore, where he passed out from his injuries in the mud on his back. He came around hearing a steady clicking sound every few seconds. When he opened his eyes, he saw a silhouette haloed by the local sun. Then the first of the mud hit him in the face.

The kid had been thrown from the ISH on impact and had swam to shore, where he wandered and waited for someone to find him. He ended up doing the finding. The bounty hunter lay battered in the mud at the edge of the water, helpless. His jaw was badly broken and hung open at a grisly angle.

Click. The kid looked at this man who had just been trying to kill him and his friends.

Click. The kid looked off in the distance, where a pillar of smoke no doubt indicated where his friends had crashed.

Click. Back down to the bounty hunter. Surrounded by soupy brown mud.

Click. Worry sets in about the well being of his friends.

Click. Anger sets in. What did they ever do to this man. This man who hunts sapient creatures for money. How much had his price been to murder them?

Click. The others would never have to know. Just push him back into the water afterwards, and there's nothing to show he ever made it ashore.

Click. The kid began to use tk to scoop up great mounds of the gooey mud and force it into the bounty hunter's mouth and nose.

And fell to the darkside.

Soon afterwards, they managed to get transport back to Corruscant. The oldest was knighted and the kid became his padawan. The other two characters were put under the tutelage of another knight, who had previously been a padawan of their ex-master. The two knights travelled together for a long while, and returning the kid to the light side of the force became a major focus of the rest of the campaign.

Good times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: