The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Mos Eisley map?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Mos Eisley map?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Mos Eisley map? Reply with quote

I have the Tatooine Manhunt scenario and the GG7. Included in Manhunt is a map of ME. However I have a vague recollection of seeing another map with street names and more locations named and more of the locations that are mentioned on Wookie.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mos_Eisley

Anyone know what Im talking about or any other good ME maps?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Mos Eisley map? Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
I have the Tatooine Manhunt scenario and the GG7. Included in Manhunt is a map of ME. However I have a vague recollection of seeing another map with street names and more locations named and more of the locations that are mentioned on Wookie.

I think you're talking about the one in Complete Locations.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nto sure if you can see this...

Map

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
nto sure if you can see this...

Map

Is there a difference between this and the one in Tatooine Manhunt?
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Mos Eisley map? Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:

Is this an online resource?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Mos Eisley map? Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
crmcneill wrote:

No, it's a compilation book of all the Locations Cross-Section books that have been published (Four total; one for the original trilogy, and one for each prequel)
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Mos Eisley map? Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:
crmcneill wrote:

No, it's a compilation book of all the Locations Cross-Section books that have been published (Four total; one for the original trilogy, and one for each prequel)

Ah, too bad.

Also too bad the Ep IV book seems like the least inspiring when it comes to the selection of locations... Lars Homestead, Tosche Station, Ben's House Wohoo.. Crying or Very sad
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know of any (preferably underground) old facilities on Tatooine. Im looking for an alternative to the TM very uninspiring Fort Tusken for the showdown.

Funny how all those old scenarios really have uninspiring maps/location compared to the movies...
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
Anyone know of any (preferably underground) old facilities on Tatooine. Im looking for an alternative to the TM very uninspiring Fort Tusken for the showdown.

Funny how all those old scenarios really have uninspiring maps/location compared to the movies...

...You could always break out a copy of Grimtooth's Traps to place in the secret hideout of some n'er-do-well on Tatooine! Twisted Evil (any fantasy gamer ought to catch the reference)
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:

There really aren't many locations that have been detailed or even mentioned on Tatooine. (And d20 moved locations from where they existed in d6, making things a bit of a mess. For example, Fort Tusken is closer to Mos Espa than Mos Eisley according to WotC maps.)

However, the planet was originally settled as mining colonies before the mining industry collapsed with the discovery of Tatooine's inferior ore. Perhaps designing an old independent (and later deserted) mining complex would do what you need.

This would go a little against the established history where the sand crawlers were like moving mines, but I don't think it's a huge stretch to have a more traditional mine belonging to an independent mining interest trying to compete with the corporation. (Maybe the corporation shut them down by force before industry collapsed. Still not a big stretch to write that in.)

(Converting Fort Tusken to a big trap set for imperials looking for Talon, and moving Talon to an old mining complex doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. I may just incorporate that into Tatooine Manhunt: Revisited.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: