The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

BoSS: Aquiring a Ship or License
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> BoSS: Aquiring a Ship or License Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference between 3D and 4D is ususally quite profound though.

Plus the verpine maxes at at around 3D for most of the other stats so even a highly experienced Verpine will have trouble keeping up with a human in non technical areas. They do actually have some disadvantages.

Wookieepedia wrote:
Given their reliance on radio communication, Verpine frequently suffered negative consequences when their antenna were damaged. While researching the Verpine, Leia Organa noticed that virtually all Verpine criminals suffered from a set of damaged antenna

And given their rarety outside the Roche asteroid belt they tend to stand out, I tend to make Verpine suffer from a form of agoraphobia without the comforting organic radio network of the Roche asteroid belt.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a linked q...

How often do those who have Verpine pcs have enemies know of that 'crazyness should their antennas be destroyed/damaged' fact?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
As a linked q...

How often do those who have Verpine pcs have enemies know of that 'crazyness should their antennas be destroyed/damaged' fact?

That would probably tie in with our discussion on Alien Species rolls affecting non-Knowledge skills.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
As a linked q...

Well aside from what crmcneil suggests there is a fairly decent possibility that a headshot could do that and it doesn't take a genius to go for the head. Additionally helmets/headgear would have to be specially modified to ensure they can be used safely.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
The difference between 3D and 4D is ususally quite profound though.

Plus the verpine maxes at at around 3D for most of the other stats so even a highly experienced Verpine will have trouble keeping up with a human in non technical areas. They do actually have some disadvantages.

This means they cat min-max even further..otherwise they have the same number of D:s as anyone else. A frequently made humans who had abilities around 3D only, and never found that to be a drawback. If I could have combined that with having a single ability at 5D with skills easily reaching 8D (Or even 4D and 7D and we are right at human values, still with über skills).

However you put it, if you have a +2D bonus to all skills under a single ability its too much of an advantage without some serious drawbacks. Compare to the Nohgri, with their über advantages. Drawbacks plus strong emphasis on NPCs. Drawbacks can be storybased, they need not be mechanical only.

I remove the +2D bonus if out of the hive for a longer period of time, which seems both logical and reasonable.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
However you put it, if you have a +2D bonus to all skills under a single ability its too much of an advantage without some serious drawbacks. Compare to the Nohgri, with their über advantages. Drawbacks plus strong emphasis on NPCs. Drawbacks can be storybased, they need not be mechanical only.

The Noghri seem like NPC stat inflation designed as a brute force attempt to threaten (overly?) powerful PCs. I think WEG got the design just right for what the author intended. Laughing

Just like the ysalamiri are the Star Wars equivalent of an anti magic shell.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have actually had one player ask if there are PC stats for Yssilmari out there....
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I have actually had one player ask if there are PC stats for Yssilmari out there....

So they wanted to play what is basically an (unintelligent) tree sloth with an anti-magic shell. How did that work out? Rolling Eyes
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked him if he was serious and after he thought on it, he goes Na... having that nutrient frame requirements (we saw thrawn and co) have to cart around would make for one hell of a weakspot.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I asked him if he was serious and after he thought on it, he goes Na... having that nutrient frame requirements (we saw thrawn and co) have to cart around would make for one hell of a weakspot.

That's a line reminiscent of the Tale of Eric & The Dread Gazebio

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: