The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Convention adventure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Convention adventure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Convention adventure Reply with quote

Hi,

I have been asked to run a one-off/all-day adventure for my friend as part of his stag weekend.

He has asked for a 3-4hr adventure (which will probably be stretched to 5-6 hrs knowing my group), with 7 pre-generated characters. I was thinking of running a classic era game for any of the players unfamiliar with EU settings.

I have all the D6 adventure modules and most adventures avalable for D20 RCR and SAGA Edition but I have a bit of brain freeze when it comes to what adventure would be most suitable and how i should stat the pre-gen characters in any of the possible systems?

Can anyone help or give me some idea of what adventure I should run?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say the Isis coordinates would be the quicker, either that or Game chambers of Questial (sp??)...
For stating.

1) pilot, 2d in his ship, 1d gunnery, 1d blaster, 1d dodge, 2d left to player choice
2) force user (Failed jedi, quixotic jedi), 2d sword/lightsaber, 1d melee parry, 2d dodge, rest as player desires
3) tech, 1d in each of 3 technical skills (first aid, com prog/repair, space ship rep, 1d brawl/parry (bar fights!) and 2d as player desires
4) gun bunny (like a bounty hunter template), 2d blaster and dodge, 1d investigation, 1d search, 1d player designated.
5) face man (high per/know), 2d con/forgery (player choice), 1d bargain, 1d streetwise, 1d gambling, other as player desires.
6) ship operator type (veteran spacer, ships gunner), 2d space transport shields/1d gunnery (OR inverted as player desires), 1d space transport repair, 2d astrogation, 1d blaster, 1d dodge
7) Investigator/sneak. 2d sneak, 1d search OR 1d investigations, 1d melee, 1d melee parry, rest as player desire...
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this but I have now found some old RPGA 4 hr d20 adventures with some handy pre-gen characters. Now I just have to see which of my players gets to be the gungan. Laughing
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccatkins wrote:
Thanks for this but I have now found some old RPGA 4 hr d20 adventures with some handy pre-gen characters. Now I just have to see which of my players gets to be the gungan. Laughing

Meesa wanna a bombad Gungan. Laughing
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
Meesa wanna a bombad Gungan. Laughing

I ran the game as part of a stag weekend and each player 'randonly' picked a character. I moved the gungan to the back of the pack for everyone esle apart from the stag where I moved it to the middle of the three remaining characters, of course he 'randonly' picked the middle character, hessa had much fun witha mighty gungan warrior, he, he. Very Happy
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccatkins wrote:
hessa had much fun witha mighty gungan warrior, he, he. Very Happy

Yeah, I am quite willing and often enjoy playing a character for a 1-shot adventure that I would find unenjoyable for a campaign or extended play.

Our group on occassion plays with multiple PCs per player. In those cases the additional character may be more of a humorous or supporting character.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: