The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Original/custom species
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Original/custom species Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Original/custom species Reply with quote

This thread is for sharing info 'made up' or adapted species for D6 starwars
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds Good.

Back to Klug. We found him in the "Unknown Regions" (Which, at the rate we're going, will have to renamed soon Laughing ). He was deemed expendable by his people when we proved our superior abilities (We had a X3 Hyperdrive, their "Military" Hyperdrive was like an X10.).

They let Klug, their "Negotiator", board our ship, then opened fire on us. Now, we have a tough mother of a ship, and it wasn't damaged at all (Big black mark on the hull, however), and we demonstrated another superior technology, Proton Torpedo Launchers.

Saved an entire planet that way!

Klug has kept with us, mainly because he was disowned by them, and is trying to find his place in the Universe...

Being mostly Silicon-Based Liquid of an adaptable density, Klug laughs at Projectile Weapons (Literally), but is scared of Blasters and other Energy Weapons (Which do something like twice the normal damage, we've never gotten a firm statement from the GM.).

Sorry I can't start this off with more definate stats, but, meh, that's the way it goes.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
Sounds Good.

Back to Klug. We found him in the "Unknown Regions" (Which, at the rate we're going, will have to renamed soon Laughing ). He was deemed expendable by his people when we proved our superior abilities (We had a X3 Hyperdrive, their "Military" Hyperdrive was like an X10.).

They let Klug, their "Negotiator", board our ship, then opened fire on us. Now, we have a tough mother of a ship, and it wasn't damaged at all (Big black mark on the hull, however), and we demonstrated another superior technology, Proton Torpedo Launchers.

Saved an entire planet that way!

Klug has kept with us, mainly because he was disowned by them, and is trying to find his place in the Universe...

Being mostly Silicon-Based Liquid of an adaptable density, Klug laughs at Projectile Weapons (Literally), but is scared of Blasters and other Energy Weapons (Which do something like twice the normal damage, we've never gotten a firm statement from the GM.).

Sorry I can't start this off with more definate stats, but, meh, that's the way it goes.

Ah the old superior biology inferior technology story.

With the ability to basically flatten himself out to a milimetre thick (if he can do that) he must be really good at sneaking. Also probably has a great dodge if he can do things like forming holes in the middle of his... Uh... middle where the blaster bolt would have hit

Last edited by Esoomian on Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millimetre, yes, holes, no. He has to concentrate and have time to adjust.

It takes a few seconds, in other words. More than enough time for a Blaster Bolt or Disrupter Beam to hit him.

Forget lasers.

But when you get into Hand-To-Pseudopod combat with him... OI! He could out wrestle a Noghri! Mainly because the Noghri can't really hurt him with their claws or knives...
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He probably could smother someone to death, but could he grapple someone, then infiltrate their mouths and nostril, and drown them ? 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could do something like that... But it'd be icky. Bad feeling.

He'd probably just rather beat them to death a a Baseball Bat formed out of his own body.

We've already ascertained that eating most Biological Life Forms wouldn't render him much, if any, nutrition, so we'd be considered "Junk Food".

As well, he has no instincts for hunting, so Vaathkrees are safe. "Why is the food moving?" "It's not food, Klug, it's a living being, like us... Actually, it's almost like you in a sense..." "Food isn't supposed to move... Maybe you're right..."
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when your food is generally mineral deposits then you don't really need to hunt.

If anyones played any of the starcontrol games I liked the Chenjesu as a concept for a race. They were crystaline photo/chemovours (ate light, or rather absorbed energy from light and combined that with minerals leached form the ground).

With absolutely no reason to fight amongst themselves they turned their minds to other pursuits like diplomacy and knowledge gathering

Last edited by Esoomian on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Idea, Es. Feel like making a Star Wars Species based on that?

"Ummm... Why are they just sunning themselves?" "HEY! We don't bother you when you're eating!!!"
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there were some good races that would fit in well with any Star wars campaign. I'll post what I've got an the different species and you guys can see what you think of the different species... maybe inspiration will strike someone.

Warning it's long
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I can't post it all here in one go and when I just copy and paste all the formatting drops out making it a little hard to read so here is the link.

http://www.classicgaming.com/starcontrol/scsaga/races.htm

Some of the races are a lttle one dimensional and there is a lot of plot info that won't make sense is included in the biographies but some really interesting concepts exist there.

Check out the Harika/Yorn Two species living in symbiosis both sentient yet one eats the other and both are ok with this system.

Or the Xcagger a microscopic hive society that is only collectively intelligent

Or the Spathi a race so cowardly they start each day with the traditional spathi prayer "O lord please don't let me die today, tomorrow would be so much better" Sadly spathy meat is very sweet and tasty... They designed a spaceship that is primarily useful for running away

Also a race similar to the Ur Quan makes a great if somewhat tragic 'bad guy race'
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one heck of a list 8)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why the whole thing wouldn't fit into one post.

But some races just scream storyline potential don't they
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
He could do something like that... But it'd be icky. Bad feeling.

He'd probably just rather beat them to death a a Baseball Bat formed out of his own body.

We've already ascertained that eating most Biological Life Forms wouldn't render him much, if any, nutrition, so we'd be considered "Junk Food".

As well, he has no instincts for hunting, so Vaathkrees are safe. "Why is the food moving?" "It's not food, Klug, it's a living being, like us... Actually, it's almost like you in a sense..." "Food isn't supposed to move... Maybe you're right..."

if he can form a baseball bat and beat people with himself does that mean that he can form a hard "skin" of some sort? I can't imagine Jello hitting me hurting too much Very Happy 8)

Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. And we helped him develop a new method of transport for his people.

Previously, they just crawled along, somewhat slowly (Move of 5 or 6 I think). Then someone (I think me, but am not sure) commented that he could just make himself into a ball.

He did. Then, by repositioning an internal "Density", he could roll along at faster and faster speeds. He can't do much, and aiming is nearly right out, but he can keep up with us at least.

Handy thing when you're running away from Zombies aboard a Golan III Space Station.
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just happy he doesn't leave wet spots when he moves

but if the outer skin is broken does he spill out or just little leaks(bleed), or is the inside more or less like the outer skin? 8)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: