The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

ultimate bounty hunter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> ultimate bounty hunter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drugs, you need lots of drugs.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a decent ship...no stats that I know of though..

Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm, don't I recognize that from somewhere?
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Numbers wrote:

Haha, Scavenger Hunt, it was the bounty hunters ship. But you couldnt fit everyone (and all those droids you had 'rescued') in the ship, so you went with the Lambda class you came in instead (the one you crashed while landing in the Nar Shadaa Tie fighter facility a bit later).
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
Random Numbers wrote:

Haha, Scavenger Hunt, it was the bounty hunters ship. But you couldnt fit everyone (and all those droids you had 'rescued') in the ship, so you went with the Lambda class you came in instead (the one you crashed while landing in the Nar Shadaa Tie fighter facility a bit later).

Crashing is my middle name.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Numbers wrote:
Crashing is my middle name.

Random Crashing Numbers has a nice ring to it.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Riij Skootu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henrik.Balslev wrote:
In addition to that I'd say at least ½ ton scanner resistant cargo space for stowing away backup equipment, if the ship you are flying allows for any cargo to be converted.

We will be playing during the time of the Clone Wars. Do you still believe it is worthwhile during this period?
Riij Skootu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
Remember powerful ion cannons to be able to take down opponents without turning them into fireballs. I guess a tractor beam should be a good thing too.

Holding cells with some kind of subduing device. Also a medical bay with a good meddroid.

I totally agree with Ion Canons and tractor beam. And at some point in time I think we are agreed we will get some kind
of holding cell and medical bay. We have plenty of space in the ship, XS Light Freighter. I saw something interesting on the
Ebon Hawk #3 - security hold

Any ideas on what it is?
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I remember of KOTOR the area designated as #3 on those deckplans is what I would have thought of as the lounge.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracker torpedos/missiles for following prey from system to system.

Complete Starship Construction System
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riij Skootu wrote:
Henrik.Balslev wrote:
In addition to that I'd say at least ½ ton scanner resistant cargo space for stowing away backup equipment, if the ship you are flying allows for any cargo to be converted.

We will be playing during the time of the Clone Wars. Do you still believe it is worthwhile during this period?

A secret stash of backup equipment is never a bad idea - you could loose your equipment for any number of reasons, and having it hidden makes it less likely someone else finds it before you need it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I totally agree with Ion Canons and tractor beam. And at some point in time I think we are agreed we will get some kind
of holding cell and medical bay. We have plenty of space in the ship, XS Light Freighter. I saw something interesting on the

The dynamic freighter isn't too bad. However, for a bounty hunter, I would pick something that perhaps won't stand out as much.
Being able to blend in is a very big advantage when you don't want someone to know that you're there and you're after them.

Is your bounty hunter a solo operator, or will he or she have additional crew helping out with the ship?

If you give me a price range, I can come up with a few suggestions if you like.

On a note unrelated to ships, however on the subject of armor. I made an NPC bounty hunter for one of my games that used a suit of power armor quite dangerously. It was a unique power suit that packed some pretty heavy firepower, while keeping him rather safe even when taking on large crews of criminals to grab his mark.
If your bounty hunter has a mechanical aptitude, he might consider investing in a nice suit of power armor. The advantages are numerous, including the fact that he can use his mechanical attribute with the power suit operations skill for dodges, running, and many other cool things. You also can have targeting computers that offset any dexterity penalties for your ranged skills, net launchers, grenade launchers equipped with stun gas, and of course, my favorite: some type of heavy auto-blaster equipped right on the arm.

My suit that I designed had a few minor flaws that whenever a 1 was rolled on a bonus die, the suit's power supply would fluctuate and he would become immobile for 1D rounds. It made the chase all the more sporting.
Twisted Evil
Praxian
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: ultimate bounty hunter Reply with quote

Riij Skootu wrote:
I am trying to come up with a list of must have items for a bounty hunter to "acquire" during
the campaign, whether by purchasing or scavenging.

So I thought I'd throw this out here for you guys. What do you think are the "must haves" for
any real bounty hunter? What can you not do without?

Thanks!! Very Happy

I'm a personal fan of the Hushabout Jetpack. While I've only had one char that had one, it was a lot of fun using it and surprising the GM as well as my fellow gamers with how it was used. Smile
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riij Skootu wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:
Remember powerful ion cannons to be able to take down opponents without turning them into fireballs. I guess a tractor beam should be a good thing too.

Holding cells with some kind of subduing device. Also a medical bay with a good meddroid.

Any ideas on what it is?

Remembering from our former campaign (where I was the tech-guy with a droid fetish), we had a bording tube with an automated plasmacutter to enter ships. This allowed us to keep atmosphere (and people alive).
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
Remembering from our former campaign (where I was the tech-guy with a droid fetish)...
Shocked

Now that is just too disturbing ZzaphodD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: