The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

ultimate bounty hunter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> ultimate bounty hunter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fembots? Do they have machine gun jublees?
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:
Remembering from our former campaign (where I was the tech-guy with a droid fetish)...
Shocked

Now that is just too disturbing ZzaphodD.

Haha, well that was your interpretation...

It was more of an obsession to build/rebuild droids (see the 3v1L 3d droid in another thread). It was way back before the 'new' movies. If I would do this again I would add some cool spider droids to my army.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
It was more of an obsession to build/rebuild droids (see the 3v1L 3d droid in another thread). It was way back before the 'new' movies. If I would do this again I would add some cool spider droids to my army.
I think it was the word "fetish" that sent my imagination down that path. Wink A tech with custom droids can be quite powerful and spider droids would be cool. 8)
Riij Skootu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
The dynamic freighter isn't too bad. However, for a bounty hunter, I would pick something that perhaps won't stand out as much.
Being able to blend in is a very big advantage when you don't want someone to know that you're there and you're after them.

Is your bounty hunter a solo operator, or will he or she have additional crew helping out with the ship?

Yeah the Dynamic Freighter was just to find out what the circle was in section 3. I thought it might be some kind of security field for storing captured "acquisitions."

The ship we are interested in is the XS Light Freighter. We were thinking of adding "the above security field" to the cargo bay (at some point in time).

So far the crew consists of 4 people.

Not really looking for another ship. But thank you for the offer though. Our thought is that by it being an older ship no one will look twice because we will make sure
the ship looks pieced together.

If you have any other thoughts on the topic it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:

On a note unrelated to ships, however on the subject of armor. I made an NPC bounty hunter for one of my games that used a suit of power armor quite dangerously. It was a unique power suit that packed some pretty heavy firepower, while keeping him rather safe even when taking on large crews of criminals to grab his mark.
If your bounty hunter has a mechanical aptitude, he might consider investing in a nice suit of power armor. The advantages are numerous, including the fact that he can use his mechanical attribute with the power suit operations skill for dodges, running, and many other cool things. You also can have targeting computers that offset any dexterity penalties for your ranged skills, net launchers, grenade launchers equipped with stun gas, and of course, my favorite: some type of heavy auto-blaster equipped right on the arm.

My suit that I designed had a few minor flaws that whenever a 1 was rolled on a bonus die, the suit's power supply would fluctuate and he would become immobile for 1D rounds. It made the chase all the more sporting.
Twisted Evil

^ This! I have this to add!
Anakin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riij Skootu wrote:
Okay I must have not been very clear I am sorry. I have a list already. I have read GG10,
Scum & Villany, KotoR, Gry's Equip, Galaxy at War, etc.

Some items I am including are: Tangle Gun, Earbud comlink, etc.
(the whole list includes 22 items currently)

What I am wanting to know. If you were making a BH char what equipment could you not live without?
Let's all assume we have our license, we have a weapon (blaster of some kind), something in which to
keep the npc from escaping/fleeing capture; besides these things what would your character want?

"Stun glove" or "armor disruptor":

http://www.angelfire.com/in/comcorporation/oddweapons.html
Drop Bear
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal Sensor rigs, helps you track them to where their hiding and find them where their hidden, and if you have the right rig it helps with the targeting.

as others have said an inconspicuous ship with a little something extra under the bonnet, Ion Canons, Med Bay and Holding Facilities. also don't overlook networked Droid Brains on the other end of your Com-Link, it's good to have a ship that comes when you call and can fight on it's own when it needs to.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True.. Slave rigging it, might allow someone else to take it over. BUT droid brains are easier to go with.. just don't let those pesky imps mind wipe them!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: