The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Creating a Sith Lord
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Creating a Sith Lord Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Plus usually they had a sith lord training them.

That actually got me thinking here. The character I am thinking about would have had only a few years of training early, and then for various reasons lost connection with the Jedi. Later in life, he felt the pull of the dark side and kind of went down that path on his own. Could he realistically even reach "sith lord" status on his own? Or am I thinking more along the lines of just a fallen jedi with some dark side ability?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he stumbled across a Sith Holocron or a Sith Library, then absolutely yes. If he was self taught in the Dark Side, then it would be much less likely that he would ever become very powerful.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me a true sith lord is someone who learns it from other sith. Just going down the dark path makes one just a dark jedi..
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
To me a true sith lord is someone who learns it from other sith. Just going down the dark path makes one just a dark jedi..
Well somebody had to be the first Sith Lord.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True.. but as i see it now, one cannot be a sith unless one has been initiated by a sith.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The person could be racially descended from the Kissai, which were the "Sith Race." In one of the comics I've read, there was a hyperbolic chamber that kept the subject alive, and somewhat awake during their stay. One Jedi ended up trapped in such a device and survived from the KoTOR comics up through the crossover which was taking place during Dark Times, became re-locked up and stayed in it all the way til Legacy Era.

It's possible that maybe this being was imprisoned during the time of Ludo Kressh and Naga Sadow, he was too weak to stand up to either of them back then, but now that there is no Sith Lord, he may stake his claim to the title. He's gone insane from being alive and awake for thousands of years while trapped in the case. It doesn't even have to be the players who have opened it up. Some poor Archaeologist finds the "sarcophagus" and opens it up, only to become the puppet of the Sith Lord.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kissai
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
The person could be racially descended from the Kissai, which were the "Sith Race." In one of the comics I've read, there was a hyperbolic chamber that kept the subject alive, and somewhat awake during their stay. One Jedi ended up trapped in such a device and survived from the KoTOR comics up through the crossover which was taking place during Dark Times, became re-locked up and stayed in it all the way til Legacy Era.

Are you talking the events of Vector?

Wanted Poster
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Vector 1&2.

No reason why more than one of those handy little devices couldn't have been made.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never read Vector, know about it through Wookieepedia and reading up on the rakghoul. Learned about the Muur Talisman and Celste Morne and all that. More into Tales of the Jedi myself. Even there, though, the Sith were already established enough for garhkal's one Sith teaching another.

Wanted Poster
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but during Tales of the Jedi, there were probably several weaker force users within the population of Sith Space. Not to mention, Tales takes place in a time before the rule of two. However, there is only one "Sith Lord."

All I'm saying is that this one could have been trapped to get him out of the way for someone who was a more ambitious up and comer.

Depending on what era the poor sod is released, there may not be anyone else that he feels is "Sith enough" to take up the mantle of Lord. So he stakes his claim, working silently until he's built up enough followers to make a run at the galaxy as a whole.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one heck of a suspended animation time..
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Jedi in the comic was in stasis with some brief awakenings for over 4,000 years.

For the idea I presented, It would be only about 1,000 more years. Which is a long time, all the more time for the Sith to lose his mind.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even more so if they were to have been trapped in there by other Sith who did something to it to slowly drive them insane.

Wanted Poster
Praxian
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
garhkal wrote:
Well somebody had to be the first Sith Lord.

The other thing is, a Sith Lord is very well versed in the methods of the Force. So they've been trained (whether by light-side or dark-side members of the Force-wielders) in most powers. To be a Lord in my opinion, you should be trained in a lot of powers of the Force as well as have a good 13+ Dice in the various Force Attributes (each, not total imo).

So while yes, there had to be -someone- that was the First Sith Lord, that someone was probably trained as a light-side Jedi at first, and then trained under someone who was a dark-side Force user second.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praxian wrote:
So while yes, there had to be -someone- that was the First Sith Lord, that someone was probably trained as a light-side Jedi at first, and then trained under someone who was a dark-side Force user second.
That just begs a different question. Who was the first light side force master? Logically there must be a means of discovering new powers without being trained so that someone can become the first master (either light or dark) otherwise there is an infinite regress of past force masters, which in a temporarally finite universe, is a logical contradiction. And the ability to learn without a trainer is what we see in the rules, training just guides the student and reduces the time and CP cost of learning new skills and attributes. Logically the same should be true of light and dark force powers.

To me this suggests making the CP and time costs very high without a trainer, but not impossible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: