The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force Adept Bounty Hunter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Force Adept Bounty Hunter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plantedbypiggies
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're really lucky in that the campaign is jumping from planet to planet on this treasure hunt. There's plenty of opportunity for any of the force-sensitive characters in the group (we also have a Dathomir swamp witch who has an overt fondness of the word "juju" and pipe weed) to notice. Or an NPC could pop up on any of the planets we visit.

Or, as part of the current adventure we're in the middle of, we still haven't explored the complete facility, just one portion of it. We may be able to find something else in the complex that can be used as a tool for detecting force sensitivity. That may take a little extra statting, but could be used as a macguffin.

My big concern is that my character will start of with a dark side point because he was exposed to a basic fog-embodiment of the Force. We'll have to see how that goes. If the GM decides to go that route, it's going to be hard to get rid of that point.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you feel it would be hard to remove the taint?
plantedbypiggies
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Fiat, mostly. I'm just speculating, but my GM likes his players to work at a bit less than optimal conditioning. He once sent a group into a massively overpowered situation after waking up stripped of all armor and weaponry. An overpowered home-brewed alien mook one-shotted Akko. If one of the Jedi hadn't performed a Force tracheotomy on my character, he would have died. Even after I got weaponry back, I had to play as a heavily injured character for several sessions afterwards.

Another time, I had a character who was force sensitive and had a rough past (he had killed some people in the distant past during a fit of insanity). I failed a dark side manifestation roll, and was taken into custody by Jedi. I talked the Jedi out of executing me outright, but the game ended when they lobotomized him.

So, if I get a dark side point from this particular instance, I'm afraid I'm going to have a hard time finding a way to get rid of any dark-side points I unintentionally incur. It's just the way the game is played in our particular group.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: