The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Strange situation.. how would you go?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Strange situation.. how would you go? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
My understanding with reaction rolls is that you can always add one in if needed, which is why I never "declare" a dodge up front (because it would impose MAPs unnecessarily). A character who is wounded already suffers penalties to all rolls because his physical ability has been compromised. I take this to include the notion of being knocked down or temporarily knocked out for a second or two... wind knocked out of him, or otherwis compromised such that he is not at full functioning capacity. Only time I deny reaction skills is for a character who is incapacitated (which means unable to fight, not coherent enough to participate at all, but possibly still conscious) or worse.

Short answer: no additional penalty for being "knocked prone" as I feel that the damage chart already accounts for this notionally.

Its more that once on gets wounded, in addition to the whole "You are knocked down, you can't take any other actions in the round" part that is making me ask this question though..

Naaman wrote:
garhkal wrote:
I have seen around a Dozen pcs who did just that. Pop a FP to medpack themselves.. and 5 still failed.

Must've been using base technical of 2D because they invested all their starting dice and CPs into blaster and melee combat. Wink

No. One had 4d+2 first aid with a 6d+1 (S) in humans. After doubling from the FP and then halfing from 'rushing", taking off the -2d from moving over AND a wound, he was rolling 4d+2 on both pcs.. First one he rolled 2, 1, 2, 2(wild) for 9 total.. Since the downed PC was incap (moderate diff, 11-15 needed) he barely failed that one, the other was worse (mortally wounded), and had a similar roll, barely getting into double digits on the die roll.
Two of those other 5 though, DIDN'T raise their first aid, they were the party 'faces', and so had lots of Know and Per skills..
Not sure on the last two off the top of my head.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. Well in any case, I've always felt that the rules for this game were kinda haphazardly put together, which is why I take so much liberty in their interpretation.

I feel that if the character is alert and not paralyzed or immobilized then a reaction skill is always allowed, provided that it is feasible in the first place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: