The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Slaves
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Slaves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartikis
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Slaves Reply with quote

Going to be doing a quest where the group rescues a group of female slaves from a Hutt crime lord. Planning on them being human and were servants/entertainers while in captivity.

Any idea what there attributes should look like? Skills? General stats? Equipment?

I looked through my resources books and couldnt find a single character sheet for anything remotely close :-/
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Forum. And I would like to complement you on the ironic combination of your chosen screenname and your first topic.

Slave girls provide you with a lot of options. Some of them may be primitives captured from low tech worlds, while others may be talented individuals who displeased someone powerful and were sold into slavery. Smugglers and other criminal types are the most common option. Depending on their background, their stats will vary accordingly. Some may be run-of-the-mill stock NPCs, others could be near or at PC level. What you include will depend on your story line.

You won't see much for equipment from slave girls, apart from revealing clothing. They may be useful sources of knowledge, however, as they tend to be overlooked and ignored while important matters are discussed in their presence, such as the location and access codes to their master's armory, or where he keeps his private safe (and possibly even some clues as to how to open it).

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Spartikis
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha thanks, i do enjoy the classic story of Spartacus and is where is the name i almost always use for my RPG character, just modified to give it a little Star Wars flare.

I like the safe and armoury idea, could be a valuable reward for PC if they take the time to talk with the slaves and get to know them. However im sure theyll stuff them in the passanger cabin and dump them on the first habitable planet they find *shakes head*
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there are others, but this is the only reference that comes instantly to mind:

Name: Chev Slave
Species: Chev
Sex: Any
Dexterity: 2D+2
Dodge 3D
Knowledge: 2D
Mechanical: 2D
Perception: 2D
Strength: 2D
Technical: 2D
Move: 10
Equipment: n/a
Reference: Hideouts & Strongholds p20

Anyone who has been a slave for an extended period of time most likely dosnt have much of a will of their own. It would also be unlikely that a slave would posess anything but the clothes on their back. Their Attributes would probably be low, and they would probably have few if any skills.

If I was creating a pleasure slave for a crime lord, I would probably use the above. Then consider adding one or two dice to any or all of the following: Alien Species, Languages, Persuasion: Flirt.

However, specialized or unique slaves could have a wide range of skills to draw from. A lot of it depends on what roll you want the slave to fill in your story.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartikis wrote:
Haha thanks, i do enjoy the classic story of Spartacus and is where is the name i almost always use for my RPG character, just modified to give it a little Star Wars flare.

I like the safe and armoury idea, could be a valuable reward for PC if they take the time to talk with the slaves and get to know them. However im sure theyll stuff them in the passanger cabin and dump them on the first habitable planet they find *shakes head*

When I was first starting out, I played D&D with a guy who always rewarded players for NPC interaction. Some of it was a little over the top, but if you were sociable and interacted with the NPCs, you picked up interesting magical devices, extra money, and you got bonus XP at the end of the episode.

The quote I've always liked is "No force in the universe can match the collective greed of a group of player characters." Want roleplaying and interaction in your campaign? Bribery works.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say under Know,
Languages, cultures, entertainment - dancing
Dex - Agility
and Per - performance.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: slaves and skills - recall that little Annie and his mom were Watto's slaves on Tatooine. Little Annie seemed to have a few useful skills. Wink

One complication would be for one or more of the slave girls to have a child or children. Maybe the slaves have been concealing the child(ren) from their masters. Now you can see if the PCs dump the little kid on the nearest planet as well. Wink

Also, seems more Star Warsian to have mixed species slaves and really how can you have slave girls without a Twilek? Shocked

Also, remember Admiral Ackbar was a slave to Grand Moff Tarkin and Wookiees were frequently enslaved. I would suspect a slave might have virtually any skill either because that is the skill the master was looking for or just as a by product of enslaving someone for political (rather than skill acquisition) reasons.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
Re: slaves and skills - recall that little Annie and his mom were Watto's slaves on Tatooine. Little Annie seemed to have a few useful skills. Wink

One complication would be for one or more of the slave girls to have a child or children. Maybe the slaves have been concealing the child(ren) from their masters. Now you can see if the PCs dump the little kid on the nearest planet as well. Wink

Also, seems more Star Warsian to have mixed species slaves and really how can you have slave girls without a Twilek? Shocked

Also, remember Admiral Ackbar was a slave to Grand Moff Tarkin and Wookiees were frequently enslaved. I would suspect a slave might have virtually any skill either because that is the skill the master was looking for or just as a by product of enslaving someone for political (rather than skill acquisition) reasons.

Bren's right. The contents of a slave ship should be plot driven, since almost anything is plausible.

Complete Starship Construction System
Urban Spaceman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For an added twist, what if one of the slaves isn't as she appears to be? Perhaps a rival Hutt lord has placed an assassin in the group, with a mission to kill the intended master.
Being rescued would throw a hydeo-spanner in the works for her plan!
Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For more frustration to your players, you could make it that none of the slave girls speak basic or any language that your players have.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or they are afraid of being free since they have been enslaved for so long.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:

That does show there is more than 1 type of slave.. but lets try and seperate it.

Dancing girl slaves: moderate to high dex and per, good cultures/languages, high dance/performance..

Tech slave (like ani/his mother) - good tech, not much else. 1-2 high tech skills..

Brute force slaves: High str, good stamina/lifting...

Quote:
For more frustration to your players, you could make it that none of the slave girls speak basic or any language that your players have.

Done that.. Depending on your group though, they really hate it when you toss things like that in..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: