The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Tobias
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat -> Tobias Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias will smile and rest both of his hands on the top of his cane which is standing on the floor in front of him. "Because someone wants to exploit a poor old man to further their own political career?"
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias can't help but notice how young she looks, she has to be in her late twenties, to be in a position of such power as she opens the folder and pulls something out. It appears to be a flimsi with a few photos on it. She slides the photos over.

"Cute, real cute Mr. Pentag. Tell me, do these individuals look familar?"

The flimsi contains four photos, two face shost and two profile shots of two different individuals. The first is a human male with broad shoulders and chiseled features. He looks as if he probably keeps in shape as his upper suggest he probably has a highly muscular build. His hair is long and thick, blue-black in color, and is being worn in a pony tail. He looks as if he's in his late teens or early twenties.

The other is a human female who he'd say people might consider pretty. She has blonde hair and emerald green eyes. Looking at her he wonders if she hasn't been in his classroom. Tobias can't be certain though if she was a student or the younger sister of a student. She looks younger than the male.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias furrows his brow as he studies the photos. After a few moments, he responds: "Sorry ma'am, I don't believe I know them. I may have had the girl as a student, but it could just as likely have been her sister or someone that looks like her. Are these two in some sort of trouble?"
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Trouble?" Bastilda says, arching an eyebrow. "You could say that."

She then begins pulling more flimsis out of the folder and laying them on the table. One contains pictures of a pair of droids, one clearly some sort of war droid by it's design, the other it's hard to distiguish exactly what it is but it's probably some kind of prototype. The war droid looks like an advanced version of the remains of Krath War Droid Tobias has seen in news holos of the ongoing war between the Republic and the Sith. The other droid looks lithe and built for moving faster quadrupedically rather than bipedally.

Another flimsi contains the images of a Duros and a Anomid. The Duros has light blue skin and appears of medium height, judging by the lines with height units behind them. They have the typical look of a Duros to them, probably some kind of pilot or navigator given the species tendancy for space travel. The Anomid has light violet skin with white or light lavender hair and blue eyes.

On a third flimsi are two creatures the likes of which Tobias has never seen. One appears to be some kind of canine-like creature, or maybe feline-like, with a thick mane of fur around their shoulders being the only discernible fur on it's body. The other appears to be some kind of winged repto-mammal that looks extremely powerful of build

"These two, along with the droids and these creatures were with the humans. They arrived several days ago. Fortunately we had recieved a bulletin from Exis Station for these three," at this she points to the human male, the Anomid, and the canine, "and a Sullustan. Turns out the human and the Anomid were former Jedi turned Sith and the Sullustan was a Krath operative wanted by Exis Station for breaking into someone's computer system. The Duros, the female, the droids, and the winged creature weren't on the bulliten. But that didn't matter."

She let's that last comment hang in the air for a moment before going on.

"I'm sure you're wondering why it doesn't matter. Because of the bulliten, we were able to identify their ship when it arrived and arrested everyone who departed the ship. Brought them in for interogation. The Anomid eventually cracked, explained everything. The creatures are some kind of Sithspawn, and both droids are Krath design. The Anomid revealed the Duros is is a Sith just like the Anomid and the male human. He's also apparently a master slicer. And the female, she's another Krath operative. Don't know where the Sullustan is, he may have arrived on planet some time before they arrived.

"According to the Anomid's testimony, this team was sent here by the Dark Lord of the Sith himself. Their mission was to stir up civil unrest and plant evidence to suggest the Republic was behind it. Drive Taris to war with the Republic.

"The Anomid managed to escape," this revelation is clearly upsetting to the constable and Tobias can tell she's not lieing about it. "The man guarding his cell was found dead within it and one of our airspeeders is missing. I currently have patrols out looking for them. But his comrades have been dealt with already.

"Because of this teams mission it was decided by the planet's government that an investigation into the backgrounds of those Tarisians not native to Taris should be conducted. You've been on Taris for how long?"

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias will do his best to remain calm and will answer, "Oh, about three years or so...but I'm not sure what any of this has to do with me."

(As the conversation continues, Tobias will roll a perception to take stock of his surroundings.)
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The constable takes out another flimsi and slides it across the table as Tobias looks around the room. It's all white, including the two chairs and the table in the middle. But he notes that lights have been strategically placed in each of the four corners of the room. There are numerous strange devices on the walls painted ina slightly darker shade of white so that they almost blend in perfectly. It's the fact that half of them appear to track his movements that gives them away. He notes the constable isn't wearing a sidearm. It makes sense, keep a suspect from getting ahold of one and using it on the interogator before making an escape. With a start Tobias realizes it wouldn't matter if someone killed the interogator or not, the devices are placed there to prevent escape. Probably some kind of stunning device as their probably rigged to trigger if the suspect tries anything.

Pulled back to what has been passed to him, Tobias looks at the flimsi to see it's a background check on himself, going back to his last few years as a Jedi.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias will attempt to show no emotion as he looks at the file. After a few moments he will reply: "I'm afraid you will have to connect the dots for me Constable. How exactly does my past connect me to this group of suspects?"

Tobias will then roll for knowledge to determine what kind of legal action he may be facing.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Former Jedi turned Sith showing up on Taris with the intent to force Taris into a war with the Republic. And you, a former Jedi according to this, turned history teacher. In my experience there's no such thing as a former Jedi." She let's that hang in the air for a moment. "No, Jedi are sworn to uphold peace and justice. Anyone claiming to be a former Jedi is either lieing or else they've turned. And with this war going on between the Sith and the Republic any Jedi whose turned....

"Let's just say Taris doesn't taking spying lightly."

Tobias realizes that he may be facing a trial for being accused of being a spy.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias, getting a little worked up, straightens up in his chair and says: "Now just a minute. I am no Sith, spy or otherwise!"
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh?" Bastilda says contemptously. "Jedi are busy fighting against the Sith right along side Republic troops. Yet here you are, teaching. I find that a little hard to believe."

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias winces at that reply, and slumps back in his chair, letting out a sigh of defeat. After a few moments of thought, Tobias decides it is time to face facts.
"Young lady, I find it hard to believe as well. And you are right, I am a sorry excuse for a jedi...though they wouldn't call me that anymore, I'm sure. Truth is, I just wasn't a great jedi...but history... that I was good at."

Tobias shakes his head and looks at the floor. He then looks up at his interrogator and says: "Am I guilty of lieing about who I was and of hiding my past? Yes. But I'm no spy. I'm just a washed up old jedi who didn't want to be bothered anymore with questions about why I didn't advance any further."

Tobias, content with getting that off his chest, sits back and watches the constable's reaction.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"So you wash out of the Jedi Order to go into teaching and wind up on Taris teaching history," she says disdainfully. "That seems rather convient. After all, who would suspect a history teacher of anything."

She puls another flimsi out of the folder, the folder now being left open and empty. On the final flimsi are images of another individual woh appears as if their human. But looking closer Tobias notes their eye sockets are empty. They have a militaristic look about them.

"This one came in a few weeks ago.... in a Krath shuttle. We have little reason to doubt they were an officer in the Krath military. Seems a little too much Sith activity on Taris lately, and that includes their Krath allies. This one was not attached to the others, so I have to wonder if there is some Sith agent on Taris helping the Sith and Krath disappear to carry out whatever nefarious plots they have going. Someone no one would suspect."

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It's not that no one suspects me, because you clearly do. I don't know what to tell you, I have never seen that guy before."

Tobias then sits up straight again and says, "So are you just fishing here, or am I going to need a lawyer?"
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Lawyer?" She asks with a hint of regret and disgust in her voice. Tobias isn't sure but it doesn't appear to be directed at him. "Taris's legal system doesn't exactly allow for lawyers to defend folks in your position. Probably why the banishments were allowed to start in the first place. You're your own defense."

The way she mentions banishment sounds like she doesn't approve of it. In the time he's been on Taris, Tobias has not only learned of the Tarisian Civil War which took place sixty years ago, but also of how the nobility started banishing the rebels who had lost the war to the Undercity once all the prisons had filled up. Following this the nobels felt the practice had worked so well that it had become a fairly common punishment for criminals. Whether or not they had actually commited a crime. Few dared to speak out against the practice openly least they be deemed trouble makers themselves and banished to the misery and almost assured death on the planet's surface. With creatures such as the rakghoul infesting the surface and little in the way of food, the Undercity was almost an assured death.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias responds slowly, now realizing the seriousness of the situation, "I see...I shall then defend myself the best I am able. What are my options?"

Tobias will then roll knowledge for two things:
- What are his legal rights?
- Does he have any friends or allies?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: