The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Anyone out there looking for a new game?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview -> Anyone out there looking for a new game? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
southpaw
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Posts: 117
Location: South. Waaaaaay south.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal pref out of those options would be Clone Wars.

Would there be room in that task force for a contracted outsider? I've got a tech-savvy soldier-of-fortune itching to scratch, and there's plenty of examples of the Jedi working alongside outside help (having ex-hunters helping Shaak Ti train Clones on Kamino is the first thing that springs to mind). He could have local knowledge pertinent to the mission at hand, or has dealt with the foe in question in the past, or.... plenty of excuses to drag him along Smile He'd be the pragmatic foil to Jedi idealism that's bound to turn up, it's like a bad smell they just can't shake.

Thinking alien, possibly... Gand? oooo... Gand Findsman would be fun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8448

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am up for running a Jedi. Probably no surprise there...lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guardian_A
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1655
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking about running some kind of pilot/tech.

"If its in the sky, I can fly it. If its on the ground, I can drive it. If its broken, . . . I might even be able to fix it!"

"Shoot back? If you want to shoot something, be my guest, but I'm more interested in not getting hit!"

At this point, I am thinking about building a Bith character and putting his skill points into the following:

Hover Vehicle Operation
Repulosrlift Operation
Space Transports
Swoop Operation
Computer Program/Repair
Security
Space Transport Repair

I'll work on the details once we know more about the campaign we will be playing, . . .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 937
Location: WI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

southpaw wrote:
Personal pref out of those options would be Clone Wars.

Would there be room in that task force for a contracted outsider? I've got a tech-savvy soldier-of-fortune itching to scratch, and there's plenty of examples of the Jedi working alongside outside help (having ex-hunters helping Shaak Ti train Clones on Kamino is the first thing that springs to mind). He could have local knowledge pertinent to the mission at hand, or has dealt with the foe in question in the past, or.... plenty of excuses to drag him along Smile He'd be the pragmatic foil to Jedi idealism that's bound to turn up, it's like a bad smell they just can't shake.

Thinking alien, possibly... Gand? oooo... Gand Findsman would be fun...



This will work. My thinking is that he could begin the scenario serving as a guide for the team (hence the underlining above), and we'll see where it goes from there. Go ahead and put something together, if you like.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 937
Location: WI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
I am up for running a Jedi. Probably no surprise there...lol


Sounds good. Assuming you are the lone jedi, you could either be a jedi knight who recently completed the trials and is on his first solo assignment., or...

if you prefer, you could be a master with a young padawan in tow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 937
Location: WI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
I'm thinking about running some kind of pilot/tech.

"If its in the sky, I can fly it. If its on the ground, I can drive it. If its broken, . . . I might even be able to fix it!"

"Shoot back? If you want to shoot something, be my guest, but I'm more interested in not getting hit!"

At this point, I am thinking about building a Bith character and putting his skill points into the following:

Hover Vehicle Operation
Repulosrlift Operation
Space Transports
Swoop Operation
Computer Program/Repair
Security
Space Transport Repair

I'll work on the details once we know more about the campaign we will be playing, . . .



This definitely works as well, we will certainly need one of these guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 937
Location: WI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the type of campaign we are going to run, I am defintely thinking it will be in the Clone Wars Era. However, I was planning to utilize a squad of clones in the group and would like a PC to run one of the Clones. Anyone else out there interested? If not, I can improvise a bit.

As far as the types of skills needed, at least at the start there will be some scouting and recon going on and there may be a need for the group to survive on their own for stretches of time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guardian_A
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1655
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any restrictions on what kind of equipment we can start with?

I'm thinking about giving my character a temermental droid and an assortment of tech equipment. Something like this:

Equipment:
Comlink
Datapad
Knife
Multitool
Heavily Modified R2 Astromech Droid
400 Credits

I can write a short backstory and do the stats for the droid if its ok to have it. I figure the droid would be to assist my character with piloting any Space Transport that the group may find themselves using during our adventures.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dadofett
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 28 Jun 2011
Posts: 74
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisconsin Wookie wrote:

When you say "a one-shot," do you have in mind an adventure that lasts a few weeks or a month? Seeing as this would be my first shot at running a PBP game, I would not be opposed to something like that.

On the other hand, we could also shoot for a game that posts maybe 2-3 times a week. What does everyone else here think? What kind of a pace is workable for those who have expressed interest?


Weeks....to a couple of months.... who knows, I may love it and want it to go on longer! 2- 3 post per week works for me as well.

I am interested in a survivalist type character...specializing in survival tactics/living off the land/natural healing/etc. Not necessarily a scout/guide...more of a rugged individualist whose hard edge is extreme even among clones.

Perhaps he is a "specialized clone", or another mercenary hired to train/accompany the clones like southpaw's scout.

Maybe the clones are all NPC's and part of our mission is to see how many we keep alive? Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8448

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are we looking at for character creation points? Are these going to be characters farther along than normal, with extra dice to add for skills?

I only ask because if you're talking about having me run a Master (or even a newly minted Knight), beginning dice aren't really going to reflect him being at that skill level. Or having his own Padawan, for that matter.

I am not asking for gratuitous free points or anything...just consideration and clarification. The same can be said for everyone else's characters...I guess it'll just depend on the level of campaign you plan to run.

Also, if I have a Padawan, will he be a PC or NPC?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
southpaw
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Posts: 117
Location: South. Waaaaaay south.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisconsin Wookie wrote:
My thinking is that he could begin the scenario serving as a guide for the team (hence the underlining above), and we'll see where it goes from there. Go ahead and put something together, if you like.


Works for me. On it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 937
Location: WI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
Any restrictions on what kind of equipment we can start with?

I'm thinking about giving my character a temermental droid and an assortment of tech equipment. Something like this:

Equipment:
Comlink
Datapad
Knife
Multitool
Heavily Modified R2 Astromech Droid
400 Credits

I can write a short backstory and do the stats for the droid if its ok to have it. I figure the droid would be to assist my character with piloting any Space Transport that the group may find themselves using during our adventures.


That looks good for equipment. I assume you will want a side arm as well?

I am ok with the astromech droid as well. When you say temperamental I automatically think of R2. That sould be good for the story. If he is heavily modified, would it also be realistic to give him a few quirks? Maybe a program here or that that doesn't function quite right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 937
Location: WI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dadofett wrote:
Wisconsin Wookie wrote:

When you say "a one-shot," do you have in mind an adventure that lasts a few weeks or a month? Seeing as this would be my first shot at running a PBP game, I would not be opposed to something like that.

On the other hand, we could also shoot for a game that posts maybe 2-3 times a week. What does everyone else here think? What kind of a pace is workable for those who have expressed interest?


Weeks....to a couple of months.... who knows, I may love it and want it to go on longer! 2- 3 post per week works for me as well.

I am interested in a survivalist type character...specializing in survival tactics/living off the land/natural healing/etc. Not necessarily a scout/guide...more of a rugged individualist whose hard edge is extreme even among clones.

Perhaps he is a "specialized clone", or another mercenary hired to train/accompany the clones like southpaw's scout.

Maybe the clones are all NPC's and part of our mission is to see how many we keep alive? Wink


I like the specialized clone angle. What would your thoughts be on making him the squad leader? I am thinking about 4 clones total, including you. Perhaps the whole team could be specialized.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 937
Location: WI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
What are we looking at for character creation points? Are these going to be characters farther along than normal, with extra dice to add for skills?I only ask because if you're talking about having me run a Master (or even a newly minted Knight), beginning dice aren't really going to reflect him being at that skill level. Or having his own Padawan, for that matter.I am not asking for gratuitous free points or anything...just consideration and clarification. The same can be said for everyone else's characters...I guess it'll just depend on the level of campaign you plan to run.Also, if I have a Padawan, will he be a PC or NPC?


Good questions.  As far as the Master and Padawan angle, I was hoping both would be PCs because I thought that could be a fun/interesting dynamic.  It appears that you wll be the only one playing a jedi, so I am thinking it may fit better if your character is a Jedi Knight. Does that sound alright?  That allows working up to a Master as a goal and maybe makes it easier to have more evened out characters at the beginning.
I do agree that as a knight, he may need a boost in number of dice.  In your estimation, how much more would be sufficient?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
southpaw
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Posts: 117
Location: South. Waaaaaay south.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisconsin Wookie wrote:
Go ahead and put something together, if you like.

PM sent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0