The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Splinter Of The Mind's Eye
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Splinter Of The Mind's Eye Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Bren wrote:
Appendix: Carosite Crystals

Have you considered the possibility of using Transfer Force to refuel crystals?
Nope. Hadn't thought of that. All the crystals were used up ending fractured and faded saving a planet from an bioengineered plague. Transfer force could be a cool way to reenergize a crystal. And the player would really like that - its the sort of adventure she would enjoy. Of course her Jedi doesn't know the Transfer force power, but why let that stop a good idea. Thanks!

Last edited by Bren on Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
Nope. Hadn't thought of that. All the crytals were used up ending fractured and faded saving a planet from an bioengineered plague. Transfer force could be a cool way to reenergize a crystal. And the player would really like that - its the sort of adventure she would enjoy. Of course her Jedi doesn't know the Transfer force power, but why let that stop a good idea. Thanks!

Glad I could help. I got the idea mostly from the Inheritance Cycle books, where the sorcerers use gems to store magical energy and save it up for important stuff later.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, magic crystals were huge power additives in Runequest, especially RQ I & II.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
Yeah, magic crystals were huge power additives in Runequest, especially RQ I & II.

I suppose something similar could be done in the SWU, but its not a huge priority for me. I see it more as Transfer Force being the beginning point for a Jedi being able to make Force constructs, like Amulets or Holocrons.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: