The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Arek
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat -> Arek Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 08 Aug 2007
Posts: 1838
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carefully and quietly, Arek presses his head to the door to see if he can hear anything.
_________________
Arek | Kage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11928
Location: New England

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's muffled but Arek hears what sounds like porcine grunting and squealing.
_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 08 Aug 2007
Posts: 1838
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nervously, Arek backs away from the door and heads through the other door.
_________________
Arek | Kage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11928
Location: New England

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike the previous circular room Arek was in, this one has filth plunging through the hole in the center of the room. Looking below he can see the liquid being stirred and aerated with the solid contaminents being seperated from the liquid. He quickly discovers three more doors in here, two of which are closed, the third is open. He sees massive chunks of masonry coming through the door as if part of a collapse and the crushed and bloodied remains of a Gamorrean just barely showing under the masonry. With a start he reaviles this is what the three Gamorreans were talking about. Those three creatures hacked up back in the tunnel must have been these rakghouls they mentioned.
_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 08 Aug 2007
Posts: 1838
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arek quickly moves to check the two closed doors, hoping he hasn't boxed himself in.

[OOC: Sorry for the blandness and brevity of my posts tonight; I'm working and posting from my phone.]
_________________
Arek | Kage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11928
Location: New England

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opening the first door Arek discovers it's another work room with tables lining the walls. However, these tables are a little lower than in the previous workroom and Arek discovers that the Gamorreans have recently used this room as a kind of triage as he finds the tables are all covered in blood and gore, with a Gamorrean arm left on one of the tables. He can only imagine that bodies may have ended up in the muck below the floor in the circular room.

Moving to the second door he discovers yet another tunnel.

_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 08 Aug 2007
Posts: 1838
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short on options, Arek warily starts down the tunnel, closing the door behind him and igniting his lightsaber to illuminate the darkness.
_________________
Arek | Kage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11928
Location: New England

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arek follows the tunnel for a dozen minutes or so. It seems to twist and turn for no apparent reason. After a while he discovers a ramp which carries him upwards and empties onto yet another tunnel. He follows this one until he get's too tired to go on. Finding a small room he can easily hide in he curls up and goes to sleep. A fitful sleep as he is a little concerned about being discovered.

Hours later Arek awakens feeling barely refreshed from his sleep, and more concerned about finding the Jedi that are down here. It takes him a while longer, searching various rooms and tunnels and getting the feeling he's now lost after going through several of the rooms more than once thinking their new, but finally he manages to find a way out of the tunnel system. But what he finds looks like an utter wasteland. The surface of the planet, long since buried under kilometers high buildings. Looking up he sees the underside of the buildings at least twenty or thirty meters above his head. A few enormous pillars can be seen supporting the upper levels of Taris, as well as the wall which forms some kind of a boundry line and in which the door he just exited sits. Still, there is a large expanse of waste land and he expects there are probably more pillars that he can't yet see supporting the city above.

Lights seem to ring the pillars he can see, providing a bit of light in this wasteland. It's enough to see the rubble from fasonry that has broken away from the pillars and what ever debris has fallen down form the city above. A small troop of prosimian-simians look up startled as he exits, letting out a series of yelps before they scurry off to hide in a pile of rubble. Looking around he doesn't see much in the way of plant life beyond moss and lichen. And the ever prevalent mold.

_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 08 Aug 2007
Posts: 1838
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arek stands up a little straighter, the claustrophobia of the labyrinth behind him. This was not what he'd had in mind; he was supposed to be rescuing people, not ending up lost and on the run from a horde of Gamorreans. Feeling more exhausted and hungry than heroic, Arek slumps against the base of the massive pillar and pulls out his personal computer. I'm not even sure where I am any more. I have to get my bearings, find some food, and, oh yeah, get lucky enough to happen upon some locals that might have seen a group of Jedi, he thinks. Glancing back at the door he so recently emerged from, he amends, And not get found by the Pork Brigade.

[OOC: OK, obviously they don't have Google Maps in Star Wars, but just a regular map would suffice, and/or any kind of directory or other information about the Undercity; he has to get back to the coordinates he sent Tobias at some point, and for now he has to find someplace to get some food (it's been at least 12 hours since he's eaten, maybe more) and ask around about stray Jedi.]
_________________
Arek | Kage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11928
Location: New England

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arek looks at his personal computer and quickly discovers he has no map for the Undercity. He was able to download a map for the Lower City, but not one for the Middle City, the Upper City, or the Undercity. He brings up what he can on Taris, skippig to the section on the Undercity.

Quote:
Taris Chamber of Commerce
Section 3
Sub-Section 3.4: Undercity

The Undercity is the planetary surface of the great planet of Taris. In many repsects the Undercity has become a mehanical wilderness which holds up and supports the city of Taris. Although access to the maintenance tunnels is possible via the Undercity, it should be noted that the Undercity is to be avoided at all costs accept by those who have recieved proper security clearance which can only be atained from the Taris Civil Authority. The Undercity is teaming with the dreaded rakghoul. Anyone who becomes infected by the rakghoul disease is to remain in the Undercity so they do not spread the disease to the populated areas of the planet. The dregs of Taris society have been banished to the Undercity where they shall die at the hands of the rakghoul and any other threat which may exist there. Guardian droids will prevent all those without proper authorization from accessing the city proper to ensure the rakghoul disease does not spread.

_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster


Last edited by Hellcat on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 08 Aug 2007
Posts: 1838
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[OOC: Rereading your previous post, I think I understand where Arek is a little bit better. He is on the outside of a boundary wall, and I'm guessing most of the Undercity is wastelandish, with the area within the boundary wall being somewhat habitable and inhabited by the Undercitizens. If I'm misunderstanding, please correct me. Also, I'm not sure on the rules for Force powers remaining up after sleeping, so if he doesn't have them up, he will raise Life Detection and Danger Sense via Concentration.]

Arek turns back to the boundary wall and looks for a place to climb over the wall.

[OOC: If he can't find a place to climb over, he'll go around the pillar (so that his endeavors aren't readily apparent to anyone who exits the door as he did) and cut footholds with his lightsaber. If the wall is simply too tall to safely climb over, he'll cut a hole (assuming it is not also too thick).
_________________
Arek | Kage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11928
Location: New England

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arek looks to the boundry wall. It appears to go up and up, possibly all the way to the base of the buildings. He moves to the nearst support pillar and moves around it and manages to cut a few footholds into it, but it soon becomes obvious no matter how many he cuts he won't be able to get over the wall.

Moving back to the wall he tries tocut a hole in it but his lightsaber doesn't even seem to score it.


(OOC: More like several boundry walls. The entire Undercity is a wasteland and the Outcast village is more like a war refuge camp. Not all the support pillars ar built into the boundry walls.

Arek has danger sense and life detection up)
_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 08 Aug 2007
Posts: 1838
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Growing more weary and hungry, Arek tries not to let himself get discouraged or frustrated. Carefully, he tries to be still and listens intently for any auditory inkling as to which direction he might find the Outcast village.

[OOC: If he can gain any clue (auditory or otherwise) as to which direction to head to find the Outcast camp, he'll start walking. If not...well, he'll just start walking anyway. Maybe try and find another door in the boundary wall, or something.]
_________________
Arek | Kage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11928
Location: New England

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not hearing anything that sounds like a village Arek gets up and starts walking. After a few minutes of walking another pillar comes into view, at it's base stand a small group of droids, about three or four, similar to the deactivated one he encountered.
_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 08 Aug 2007
Posts: 1838
Location: North Carolina, USA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arek slows his gait, then stops. Those look like the one I saw down below, where the Gamorreans were. Could they be owned by the same people that the Gamorreans work for? he thinks. It seemed as if the droid had been there a long time, judging by how badly it was rusted out. Still, even if they aren't owned by the Grand Pig Army of the Taris Undercity, they don't look especially friendly. Best to avoid them, if possible. Calming himself and drawing on the Force before proceeding, Arek carefully tries to make his way past the droids, giving them a wide berth as he attempts to travel further down the wall.[i]

[OOC: Drop Life Detection, raise Lightsaber Combat via Concentration. If unsuccessful, he will try again before proceeding. If the droids are at a choke point of sorts, and he can't make his way past them nonchalantly, let me know and I will edit my above post, but he will then attempt to ask for directions to the village.]
_________________
Arek | Kage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0