The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Main IC Thread - Act I - Rumors in the Distance
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> Main IC Thread - Act I - Rumors in the Distance Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ki Adi Mundi waits for the two younger jedi to exchange greetings and then resumes: "I realize this is a new experience for both of you, but due to the circumstances and also to the time sensitivity of your mission, you will not have much time to build a rapport with each other.  In fact, you must leave immediately."

Master Mundi pauses a moment, studying the demeanor of both of the other other jedi.  He seems content with what he sees and continues: "Your first order of business will be to find transportation.  Due to the secrecy of the mission and the need to keep things quiet, you will not be using a Republic vessel.  In addition to this, you will be traveling in areas that are on the edge of, or outside of Republic jurisdiction.  As a result, the Council feels best that you hire a private vessel."    

Mundi pauses again to let all of that information sink in.  After another moment or two he looks at Daryn and resumes: "Once you arrange for transportation, your first order of business will be to go to Kamino to pick up a squad of Clones that will serve under your command.  Once there, you will receive a more detailed briefing on your mission."

The eldest jedi of the group then asks: "Are there any questions so far?"
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn quirks an eyebrow. "I have several, Master. First, what will communication protocols be? Are we to know our mission before we leave Coruscant, or will we receive them after we rendezvous with our squad? Also, are we going to have access to a bank account for expenses, especially transportation, since we will be booking passage on a private vessel? And, now that I think about it, is hiring a private vessel the wisest option? We do not want it widely known where Kamino is, I presume; since it is the sole source of our Grand Army its location should be kept as secret as possible, should it not?"
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Mundi calmly listens to the younger Jedi and then reaches into his robe, drawing out a data card. "The data on this card can be used to transfer funds from a Republic acount to cover travel expenses. Just be aware that the funds available are very limited and should only be used for transportation. Also on this datacard you will find info on a possible pilot to contact and his current location in the city. For reasons I cannot fully explain, it seems the will of the force that you hire him and his ship for the mission. Should he decline, I trust you will be able to find another suitable vessel."

Mundi continues, "Your concerns about Kamino are certainly valid, and once you arrive there it may be a good idea to ask the techs to erase the record of your trip on the ship's navicomputer so that the location remains secure."

"As for sepecific mission details, you will be briefed more fully on your mission when you meet up with the rest of your team. Suffice it to say, this mission will demand a lot, from both of you," Mundi finishes, glancing at both Jedi. Looking them both in the eye, he says, "May the force be with you."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn smiles under his vocalizer. "I can most likely see to the data on the navicomp myself, Master. I will make sure to use these funds only for our transportation, at least until we arrive on Kamino. Obviously our clone squad will come equipped; however if there are credits left over from the cost of transportation, it may become necessary to outfit our pilot and his crew if they are to remain in our employ for the duration...that is, if we are not able to secure items from the Kaminoans."

Daryn bows deeply. "Thank you for your trust in us- both you and the Council. We will not fail you."

Turning to his new Padawan, Daryn says, "Well, Daevon, it looks like we need to move quickly." He looks around for a more deserted corner of the arena so Daevon can speak without being discovered. "Do you have any belongings you need to gather before we depart?"
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daevon gives a quick shake of his head, and falls into the 'heel' position.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly surprised initially, Daryn thinks it through and decides it not so unusual that Daevon, trying to avoid giving away the fact that he is sentient, would eschew sentimental or other possessions. "Alright then," he says. "I do have some things to collect. We might as well get those items and see where we are to find this pilot. We will look at the datacard back at my chamber."
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Daryn and Daevon walk back to Daryn's chamber, they pass few jedi along the way, allowing each one to ponder the will of the force in their upcoming mission. Daevon cannot help but wonder how his dream plays into it.  Was the shout of "Master!" that he heard so clearly in reference to Daryn?Daryn, excited about the prospect of undertaking such a seemingly important mission, wonders if he is up to the task.  Having more intel to go on would certainly help.   After a few moments, they arrive at Daevon's quarters.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon entering Daryn's chamber, Daevon jumps up onto his bed, circles a few times, then plops down. Making sure the door is closed,

"I've never been out of the Temple."

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn ponders just what lies in store for himself and his new Padawan as they go to his quarters. Upon entering, Daevon surprises him mildly by hopping up on Daryn's bed, turning a few circles, and plopping down like a well-trained, beloved pet. Smiling to himself, he busies himself packing his belongings into a spacer's trunk at the foot of his bed. When Daevon mentions having never been outside the Temple, Daryn nods sadly. "I find that to be a most unfortunate fact of life for our younger students. I feel it robs them of valuable life experience that would be beneficial to them once they are assigned a Master. It would relieve the Master of some lessons that need to be taught their students."

Finishing his packing, Daryn seals the chest and puts it on the bed next to Daevon. He says, "Time to look at what is going on." With that he pulls out a datapad, inserts the datacard, and plays the information contained therein.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn, with Daevon watching over his shoulder, sees several options on the menu screen. There is a file containing coded account numbers to transfer funds. There is a file containing some info and the whereabouts of the pilot that Mundi had suggested. There is also a folder containing a letter from Master Mundi.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn opens the letter first.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn,

First of all, I wish to congratulate and commend you on how far you have come in such a seemingly short time. I am sure in the rush to get this mission underway, I will not have the time to let you know that I am proud of you and that in many ways you have already exceeded my expectations.

To the mission: I apologize for the secrecy, but we want to keep this one as quiet as we can. We do not want the Separatists, or anyone else, to know even the smallest details.

Beyond that, I also have a feeling that there is more going on here than meets the eye. Be careful and ever-mindful of your surroundings. My feelings tell me that there are unseen dangers connected with this mission. Rely on the force. Trust your training. Be patient. Don't give in to the quick and easy path that leads to the dark side.

Leading a team will be a big responsibillity, but don't forget about training your padawan. Daevon has some unique talents and abilities that will serve well on this mission. A successful mission will mean little if you and Daevon do not grow in our knowledge and use of the force.

I have taken enough of your time and you need to be on your way. I look forward to your return. May the force be with you.

Master Mundi
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn smiles beneath his vocalizer, warmed by the praise from his former Master. He activates his bracer computer, logging into the HoloNet, and sends a quick message to Master Mundi:

Master Mundi:

Thank you again for your confidence in my abilities, and for your warm words. They are greatly appreciated, and will be taken to heart.
A quick question that did not occur to me earlier: Will we be encountering other Jedi on our mission? I will do my best to make sure Daevon's training continues apace; however, I know there is still so much I myself must learn, and that I will need the guidance of Jedi much more experienced than myself to gain such knowledge. How will I grow without someone to guide me? Regardless, I will do my best, and will listen closely to the will of the Force.
Daryn Medallea

Daryn then opens the file containing the information and location of the pilot the Council has recommended he hire to transport his new squad.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn and Daevon watch as the screen pulls up a brief bio and a picture of what is likely the chubbiest Bith either Jedi has ever seen. An address is given, and they notice that the ship called the Greased Nerf is parked at a private docking area not too far away. They also notice that the ship has only paid to dock through this morning, suggesting that the ship's departure may be imminent.

(ooc - The recommendation of the pilot did not come from the Council. Mundi is simply playing a hunch, or going off a feeling from the force.)
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hefting the spacer's trunk, Daryn heads for the door. "Let's go hire us a ship." Giving a last look at his quarters, wondering when will be the next time he sees this place, he exits.

Pullink out his comlink, he calls down to the Temple entrance, requesting transport to the address given in the file, along with an added request for great haste.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 2 of 47

Jump to: