The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Main IC Thread - Act I - Rumors in the Distance
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> Main IC Thread - Act I - Rumors in the Distance Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn enters a clarifying query, looking for specific schematics for the device, visual blueprints, etc., looking to see if he'll be able to slice it open, if necessary, without damaging the contents.

As he works, he keys the intercom. "Would you like assistance with repairs, Captain?"
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing Daryn's offer over the ship's intercom, Bri'tan allows himself to think about it for several long moments. Adjusting his headstrap binoculars before activating the comm to reply, "I'm still sizing up the situation on this end, but if you want to help, it looks like there will be plenty to do."

Mentally, Bri'tan starts seperating the ships systems into two lists: 'non-essential systems.' and 'Stuff I should work on.'
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
Hearing Daryn's offer over the ship's intercom, Bri'tan allows himself to think about it for several long moments. Adjusting his headstrap binoculars before activating the comm to reply, "I'm still sizing up the situation on this end, but if you want to help, it looks like there will be plenty to do."

Mentally, Bri'tan starts seperating the ships systems into two lists: 'non-essential systems.' and 'Stuff I should work on.'

"Of course, Captain. Do you wish to have assistance diagnosing all the problems? I presume you have Kage helping you, and he is obviously not happy with me doing anything technical aboard the ship, but I can help get things done much faster. Your call, of course."
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaching for the comm again, "Kage is down, at least for now. I dont know if he got caught in the feedback loop, or if he's just missed his recharge a couple of times." Bri'tan glances at the droid, feeling a little worried that the droid has bigger problems than a low battery, "If you have a moment, come up to the bridge so we can divy up the work."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn looks at the clone troopers. "Gonna have to hold off on this for a little while; gotta get power back up first. Besides; I need to think about this problem, maybe do a little research before I try this."

Turning on his heel, Daryn makes for the bridge.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri'tan
Bri'tan turns off the comm and glances at Kage. The little droid had plugged into a charging port in the back of the cockpit area and had his running lights dimmed, giving the signal that he was on stand-by.

Turning back to the console, Bri'tan quickly decides that the shields and life-support system were things he wanted to take care of, while the ship's lighting, climate control and escape pods were things he'd be ok with Daryn taking a look at.

Bri'tan also has concerns about what he might find in the engineering section of the ship as most of the problems seem to originating from there.

Daryn
Nihl nods at Daryn as he leaves and says, "I'm going to check on Needles anyway. The case will keep for now." Daryn enters the cockpit to find Kage plugged into a charging station and Bri'tan leaning over a console, muttering to himself about something.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn blinks as he looks at the powered-down droid. "Um...captain? What's the matter with Kage? I would have expected him to be noisily complaining about the state of the ship, not to mention working diligently to fix the problem."

Looking around the cockpit, he asks, "So...where do we stand? Where would you like me to start?"
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow sits down on his bunk with the datapad and reviews the clip quite a few more times. Concentrating on the blaster noise, and closing his eyes to listen and really attempt to match it to anything he has heard before (as he has been shot at by nearly every different kind of weapon imaginable). He will zoom in and out on the playback as much as he can to identify a glass console or shiny mirrored door panel regardless of how small to see if he can see the reflection of who was shooting or even the color of the blaster fire, just anything he can glean that would be useful. He sets his helmet down on the bottom of the bed and lays back on the bunk, setting his feet up on it and watches the shot a few more times. "I know that I have heard that before," he mumbles to himself as he studies intently.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kage was acting sluggish, so he's recharging," Bri'tan says without looking up from his console, "Once he's charged I'm planning to run a full diagnostic on him to make sure there arent bigger problems." Finally glancing up at Daryn, "You can start with climate control, ships lighting and double check the escape pods, in that order. In the meantime, I'm going to work on life support, propulsion and shields." Lifting his headstrap goggles, he rubbs his eyes before putting the goggles back in place. "Once those things are done, we can go back over things and see what else might need some work."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Consider it done, Captain," Daryin replies.

He immediately activates his bracer computer and orders a diagnostic of the Climate Control system.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow
With eyes closed and ears open, Shadow quickly comes to the conclusion that he is hearing weapons fire from the DC-15 Blaster Rifle, which was standard issue for he and his brothers in the Clone Army. As unsettling as that revelation was, Shadow continued going over the video.

Doing nothing to allay his suspicions, Shadow discovers that the familliar color of blaster fire supports his conclusion. Shadow is 99.9% sure that all of the blaster fire from the video clip originated frem Republic issue weapons.

The question that went unanswered and that Shadow wasn't sure he wanted the answer to, was whether or not it was friendly fire. As Shadow watches the video play back yet again, he gets close and looks for any hint he can find. He can see a vague reflection off of one of the console screens, but perhaps not enough to be conclusive. The reflection appears to be white armor consistent with what Clones would wear. A second reflection revealed a splash of gray, but Shadow can't tell if that is from an officer's uniform or a battle droid, or something else entirely.

Bri'tan
As Bri'tan works at his station, he sees a few things:
- The power input to the propulsion systems seems to be fluctuating, while the power output seems to be holding steady, at least for now while in hyperspace.
- The rear shields are completely offline and not able to receive or distribute power.
- The Life Support System simply shows : ERROR

Daryn
After a moment or two, Daryn is able to see the diagnostic report from the climate control system. Daryn notices that the power levels in that system are spiking dangerously high at random intervals, and are in danger of overloading the system.

Last edited by Wisconsin Wookie on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri'tan spends a moment longer working on his console, checking to see if he can do anything to fix the problem from the cockpit. Once he has done everything he can from the cockpit, he gets up. Casting a sideling glance at Kage before exiting the cockpit and heading for the ship's main life support systems.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn stops Bri'tan on his way out of the cockpit. "Captain, Climate Control's power levels are spiking dangerously high, and at random intervals. These spikes are in danger of overloading the system.. I haven't checked the other systems you assigned me, but if each of these systems is having similar problems, it seems to me there is an underlying issue. When did all this first start?" Looking at Kage, he asks, "And is it possible that Kage has been affected by whatever is going on?"
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stopping in the cockpit hatch, Bri'tan turns back towards Daryn. "Yeah, the whole system is experiencing problems. That last shot overloaded half the power relays and fuses on the ship. Getting the relays replaced should help regulate the power spikes, and the fuses should get things back online." He pauses long enough to make a couple of rough calculations in his head, then shoots Kage a long look, "I dont know about Kage, and unfortunately, the ship needs to be our priority. If we dont get the climate control fixed, its going to get really cold in here, and if I cant get the life support back on, . . . well, . . . Kage dosnt do any of us any good if we dont have any air left in the ship." His gaze shifts back to Daryn, "Emergencies first, then we can worry about whether of not there is a bigger problem." Turning on his heel, he starts whistling happily on his way to the life support systems.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Consider it done, Captain." Keying the comlink built into his vocalizer, Daryn calls the clones. "Gentlemen, we're experiencing some serious power fluctuation issues. We're working on them now, but to help keep the system from overloading, please keep your power usage to a minimum. It would also be helpful if you could congregate in one area, so I can lighten the load on the climate control system by reducing its attention to unoccupied areas."

Not waiting for a response, Daryn begins to pbysically inspect the climate control systems, looking for possible causes of the problems.

((OOC: Concentration, then Starship Repair))
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 44 of 47

Jump to: