The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Comedy Adventure - Advice and seeds needed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Comedy Adventure - Advice and seeds needed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowboy Hat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Comedy Adventure - Advice and seeds needed Reply with quote

I have just finished running a very long and intensive Vampire the Masquerade game and I am looking for something a little lighter.

My players and I were reading a lot of Darths and Droids during this time and what folk seem to want is a Star Wars game that's light hearted and fun. They also have seen the dubbed star wars, Geordie Star Wars.

I am planning on basing it just around New Hope where one of my players, a Jawa, and survivor of the stormtrooper attack, finds Obi-Wan's hut and after some reading is fully convinced it's a jedi.

Meta gaming, min maxing and out of character conversations are all encouraged for this silliness and it's to take place on the desert planet (possibly ending with obtaining a ship if the adventure is to continue, it's meant to be shortish)

Now my main concern is that comedy comes easily to our gaming group, and yes, we even had many laughs with the "horror" game V:tM that I was running, however I am fully aware that when you try to make a comedy game it can often been quite the opposite.

I have the right group (and they couldn't care less about one character being more powerful than another), the right books (thanks ebay) but I would really like the advice of this forum for some comedy star wars tips so nothing feels forced or just falls flat.

I'm after amusing rather than belly laughs

for eg

Jawa Padawan/forcesensitive (inspired by some awesome fan art)

HK-47 hiding for years in the shell of a Gonk droid

Space Captain gets foot removed in blast door to be replaced with a shopping trolly wheel which squeaks and makes stealth quite hard as well as making him veer to the right (this actually happened to a guy in a sw game I played in)
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Star Wars Tales graphic novel series has some very funny stories in their mix. Downloadable copies are available, as well.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: