The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Who is...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Who is... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Who is... Reply with quote

Your favorite WEG related npc to use from the books?

Mine was Tinian I'att who we made a regular in my long time game after finding her in an adventure journal.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The captain from Pirates of Prexiar became a staple villain for the first act of a campaign. The party loved having him. Though he was only kind of a footnote in a WEG book, there's quite a lot that we attached to him (and a few things severed from him) along the way.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say a modified version of High Inquisitor Tremayne in an earlier campaign... Modification was mostly to looks (because he looks like a poof) but also boosted in power.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say Isb Agent Mar Bareez from the Mesa 291 adventure in the first source book. Not that he was that great of villain but my players latched on to him, so he survived a partial hit from y-wing laser cannon that my characters shot him with.

He became a reoccurring villain who was obsessed with tracking down the characters since now half of his body was cyborg.

I also liked High Inquisitor Tremayne as well as he was a great threat to power hungry jedi pcs.
S-Foil
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Platt O'Keefe has long been my go-to NPC when the characters needed a fringe/underworld contact. Fluff wise she always straddled the line between supporting the smuggler community (offering up advice/jobs) and being self aware enough to pass on the truly dangerous work to others.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
I have to say a modified version of High Inquisitor Tremayne in an earlier campaign... Modification was mostly to looks (because he looks like a poof) but also boosted in power.
Echo that. Also several of the NPCs from Elrood Sector - since our characters are there a lot.
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Tremayne quiet a bit too...This go around I am using Inquisitor Brandl as the personal attache to lord vader...So far only he and Captain Tayrn from adventure journal 7 have made it into the game...a whole new sector with plenty of new alien races. One of my players whined about how I never did anything different in my games, about how we always met the rebellion and joined them.

This game the players are the head of the rebellion in their sector, there was no Rebellion until they decided to do it...LOL! Now they are coming up with cash, resources and people to help with the Rebellion and the same player is whining about it now...LOL
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment Im setting up Inquisitor Mox Slosin (but as a force user) together with a lesser dark jedi apprentice influenced by Asajj Ventress. Slosin will act as a kind of 'rogue' Inquisitor.. (in the same sense Vader was rogue in TFU). Not really by the book, but the character comes modified from the book...
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a toss up between Platt and Tremalane.
Urban Spaceman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl Ancher from one of the Adventure Journals. As I'm running a campaign where the characters are not aligned (yet) to either Rebel Alliance or Empire, having a friendly ex-smuggler turned bar owner NPC has seen him become a welcome and useful fixture in my games.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a player, when my party fought our way through the game chambers of Questal we ended up defeating, but not killing one of the people Moff Bandor had trapped in the chambers and forced to fight us. She ended up stuck with us while our next adventure started, and by the end of it, my PC had body blocked a cloud of shrapnel for her. She joined our party for a short while, eventually dying in action.

Complete Starship Construction System
Urban Spaceman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I haven't run it yet, but I'm re-working the Game Chambers of Questal so that Moff Bandor is the father of one of the PC's.
I set this up in her background, changed his name, and made him assistant to a Governor (but he will be the Governor by the time they go there).
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a lot of listed NPCs and fictional associates of them. I've Tarkin's daughter currently in CompForce Assault as a Major, a Force sensitive too.

But from the books the only one that really panned out was Noval Garaint. We had a hunter syndicate that expanded to a mercinary corps. As it worked out we helped each others careers a bit along the way by chance, in the end he was one of the independent warlords our group was promoting for recognition in the new republic. We were sort of trying to play the role of hutts with them. Our involvement in the Battle of Endor won us a lot of influence in the early new republic.

Luke Skywalker was a frequent visitor in that campaign, essentially as the only official powerful enough to keep us in line. So he was used a lot, it was sobering to know he could easily carve up the whole group if things turned nasty. Anyone else in the republic was too nervous around us by then, we only got a bigger fleet after endor, while the Alliance worried about a post Imperial provincial government we could afford to just sit in the system and perform salvage. We got a couple of star destroyers, it made us ridiculously powerful but the stress of GMing was totally worth the fun we had.

Lots of things can scare a star destroyer. I suggest giving players one in a game sometime, it just raises the scope but doesn't really change the adventure or the possible challenges. Actually kind of adds a fun star trek style element, where you feel invincible but in truth you're afraid of any sizeable Nebulon-B or CEC Gunship squadron out there. You'll never afford repairs.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

General Airen Cracken! Always available with some helpful advice or a new mission for our scruffy-looking nerfherders. Portraying him as equal parts Q and M made for some memorable games.
JT Swift
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see I wasn't the only one to make use of ISB agent Marr Barezz. That guy harassed my players almost continually for 8 years before being blackmailed to switch sides and work with the PCs.

Tremayne is big in my current game. As is Queen Kylantha of Naboo (from Star Wars Galaxies).

Tandra Pryl (Planets of the Galaxy Vol 3) showed up for several sessions pretending to be lost force users [as part of a plot to get the powerful PC Jedi to train her up.]

For Everything about the TARDIS check out
http://www.whoniverse.net/tardis/

For all things Gallifreyan check out
http://meshyfish.com/~roo/index.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: