The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Dawn of the Dead for Star Wars
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Dawn of the Dead for Star Wars Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maximilian Bernas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Dawn of the Dead for Star Wars Reply with quote

You know, I just saw the new movie Dawn of the Dead. I'm here to tell ya, those zombies would have been NO PROBLEM if everyone had had lightsabers and projected fighting.

They aren't alive, so no Dark Side points for using The Force to 'push' them away and keep them from biting you.

I seem to recall someone on the forums saying they had a GM run them through a similar scenario? Or did I dream that up?
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Ray and Rathe Ether have participated in/run zombie SW games
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Stuck on a Golan III station full of the blighters.

A BlasTech Starslasher Carbine is very effective against them. The Bayonette attachment got alot of use!!!

And I doubt that even Jedi could deal with all the undead that we faced, Lightsabre and Force Powers or no...

Undead Wookiees!!! Fear the Undead Wookiees unless you have a Gelatinid in the group with 7D in Brawlin': Gel-Fu!
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How 'bout an Esoomian with 10d in brawling: Hoof and Paw?

Essentially it's the Esoomian form of martial arts however to see it in action it's probably closer to wrestling
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite as good.

Klug, the Gelatinid, is able to harden himself to the point where he can't be bitten (Hard as a rock), whereas even an Esoomian would have nice flesh with which to eat and infect!!!

And then you have a Hungry Undead Essoman with a hunger for FRESH FLESH!!!
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo Zombie esoomian not good

"Keep shooting"
"But we've seen him take blaster shots without flinching when he was alive and now he... Aggggggg Get him off my arm"
"Thats right he moves really fast too... New plan... Run away!"
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh.

One of the Players wasn't there for the first session of the game. We explained it off as an Alien Flu that the rest of us weren't affected with (This was about the same time that SARS was going around, so I teased him and told him that his character had that.).

He got some Star Wars-Grade Neo-Citran, and we set up the Stolen Imperial E-Web just in front of the Airlock of the ship.

He heard a thunking on the door (After the Player showed up)... So, he got up, and found himself face to face with a Zombie. Good thing he had stated that he put his Hatchet in the belt of his Housecoat. Laughing

The strange bit... He's better with the Hatchet than he is with a Blaster of any type.
Maximilian Bernas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking with a bunch of my fighter friends in the SCA, and we figured that between us, we've got dozens of tournament wins in both heavy and rapier fighting.

So, give us each a saber or two, and bring em on.

We'd probably die, but the numbers we'd take with us would be staggering.

Now, imagine a trained Jedi with a lightsaber! Talk about a gore-fest! 8)
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want Messy???

One of the guys in my Scout's Crew has a "Hand Cannon". It's called the "Indy" (After "Indiana Jones", as it's the guy he packs, only bigger!).

It puts bigger holes in things than a Smith & Wesson Model 500 (Which has almost THREE TIMES the Muzzle Energy of a .44 Magnum of the same length barrel!!!).

We figure that, one day, we'll try to see if it shoots THROUGH schools...

We also figured out the "Stun Setting" of the weapon.

*Tosses gun in the air, catches it by it's barrel, and thwocks someone over the head with the Pistol Grip*
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Essoomian wrote

Quote:
Both Ray and Rathe Ether have participated in/run zombie SW games

Indeed. As I stated in my Hybrid game post, the ResEvil Star Wars more than a hack and slash game. The fun was in the terror. Twisted Evil

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
patchman
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Dawn of the Dead for Star Wars Reply with quote

I REALLY want to run my group through something like this... anyone have info???? thanks!!!!!!

Maximilian Bernas wrote:
You know, I just saw the new movie Dawn of the Dead. I'm here to tell ya, those zombies would have been NO PROBLEM if everyone had had lightsabers and projected fighting.

They aren't alive, so no Dark Side points for using The Force to 'push' them away and keep them from biting you.

I seem to recall someone on the forums saying they had a GM run them through a similar scenario? Or did I dream that up?
patchman
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Dawn of the Dead for Star Wars Reply with quote

anyone??? any idea on stats? stuff like that...

Maximilian Bernas wrote:

Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just come up with stats for whatever species of zombie that you're doing, then make it no longer affected by wounds, then decide on how high an attack roll they have. Done.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Jace_Terrik
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Zombies in STAR WARS?!?! Reply with quote

Ummm.... just how EXACTLY do you justify combining ZOMBIES with STAR WARS?!?!?
There is no chaos; there is harmony.
There is no death; there is the Force.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are methods, they just take a little imagination. 1. Uber darkside energies. 2. Some mad scientist's fun. 3. Some imperial conspiracy to wipe out entire species.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: