The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Need Ionize please?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Need Ionize please?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Downstrike
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Need Ionize please? Reply with quote

Sorry to ask but I'm brain dead from writing-reading-writing-rereading etc.

What I need is the force power ionize, mostly the pre reqs. But any niffty twists would be a kindness.

If you have a assosiated quest idea to learn ionize....AWESOME! please tell.

Also, what was the cargo space to metric ton thing again? I just read it like two or three weeks ago but then I spaced.

If your curious, I'm running Corp Sec/ShadowRun type Dallas soap opera with yet another droid army involved as a distant threat. Thus the Ionize.

Thanks ahead of time.
DS
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone has made a fan power called "Disable Droid"
Quote:
Disable Droid
Control Difficulty: Moderate, limited to line of sight. Modified by proximity.
Alter Difficulty: Target’s opposed Strength roll.
Required Powers: Absorb/Dissipate Energy, Sense Force, Telekinesis

Effect: This power allows the Jedi to harness energy through the Force and causing it to focus on a single droid. The energy surges within the target causing it to short out, and possibly overload.

Because the Jedi causes the energy to well up inside the droid, disable droid ignores all armor bonuses, and the droid must roll its Strength attribute alone. If the Jedi succeeds in activating the power, the droid is disabled, and considered out of commission for 2D rounds.
If the alter roll succeeds by 10 or more, disable droid will overload the droid’s circuitry, and the droid takes 4D damage (no armor bonus to
resist). This power does not affect organic life forms.
This power may also be used to disable other electronics, such as weapons, comlinks, and even individual computer terminals. (This power cannot be used to disrupt entire computer networks, or large and very complicated devices such as a capital scale hyperdrive or shield generator.) The targeted device must be operational for this power to work, i.e. you can’t affect a droid or datapad that’s shut off or a blaster that’s not being fired. Unless otherwise stated, these devices have a Strength of 2D. Targeting small electronics with this power, such as a comlink or hand weapon, adds +5 to the alter difficulty. Targeting devices that operate on short bursts, such as blasters, adds +15 to the alter
difficulty. If a Force sensitive character is holding the piece of equipment the Jedi is attempting to disable, the opponent may add his control dice to the alter difficulty.

Downstrike
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I needed Raven, Thanks!
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course. That's what we're here for!
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another peer-reviewed Force Power brought to you by the Rancor Pit. Smile

Downstrike wrote:
Also, what was the cargo space to metric ton thing again? I just read it like two or three weeks ago but then I spaced.

Generally the way that cargo is run in Star Wars is by metric ton. If you're looking for exact space, then that's a little more interesting. The metric ton is the weight of a cubic meter of water. So, if you want to run it by cubic meters, then it wouldn't be an unreasonable way of thinking about it.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Another peer-reviewed Force Power brought to you by the Rancor Pit. Smile

Downstrike wrote:

Generally the way that cargo is run in Star Wars is by metric ton. If you're looking for exact space, then that's a little more interesting. The metric ton is the weight of a cubic meter of water. So, if you want to run it by cubic meters, then it wouldn't be an unreasonable way of thinking about it.

True, although having thrown freight for a time in my life, most cargos are blessedly less dense than water. I use 2 cubic meters per metric ton as a rule of thumb in my games.

Complete Starship Construction System
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
True, although having thrown freight for a time in my life, most cargos are blessedly less dense than water. I use 2 cubic meters per metric ton as a rule of thumb in my games.
Ah, but you didn't have the assistance of a binary load lifter. Laughing
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
I get the idea that if there were binary load lifters there, I wouldn't have had a job. Most of the employees there were treated a little more like livestock than like people, and the supervisors would have loved to have had droids that do what they're told instead of humans who can think for themselves... Incidentally, after that, I went and learned to program robots. True story.

Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
Bren wrote:
I get the idea that if there were binary load lifters there, I wouldn't have had a job. Most of the employees there were treated a little more like livestock than like people, and the supervisors would have loved to have had droids that do what they're told instead of humans who can think for themselves... Incidentally, after that, I went and learned to program robots. True story.
Once upon a time in the last century I had a job loading trucks in Kansas in July. That lasted less than a week before I said bye-bye. So from my perspective your tale sounds like a very happy ending to me. Very Happy
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
Fallon Kell wrote:
Bren wrote:
Once upon a time in the last century I had a job loading trucks in Kansas in July. That lasted less than a week before I said bye-bye. So from my perspective your tale sounds like a very happy ending to me. Very Happy
It is a happy ending, and not just because I was doing it at night during the only April I can remember when it snowed in the lowlands of WA State.

I wouldn't want to do it in the heat of the Kansas summer, though. That's even worse. I melt in any temperature above 79°F.

jmanski

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the Kansas heat is spectacular. Just. Spectacular. Rolling Eyes
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmanski wrote:
Yeah, the Kansas heat is spectacular. Just. Spectacular. Rolling Eyes
Well that's one adjective, though not the first one that comes to my mind. Wink
jmanski

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only so many that you can post in good taste 8)
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can remember a summer near Wichita where the heat index was around 113. You stepped out and it felt like the temperature was set to "broil." That and the sun going down never really helped. It seemed like the heat of the day lasted until 10:00 pm.

Anyway, this relates to ionizing droids somehow I'm sure. Maybe because it's likely to melt a few circuits? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: