The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Book question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Book question
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kabal
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Book question Reply with quote

Hello all,
I have a question about Galladium's Fantastic Technology. I have seen this book with two different covers, one blue, one gold/brown. Anyone know if there are any differences between these two different editions? Anyone know the reasoning behind the two covers?
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the Brown one is Gundark's Fantastic Technology, and the blue is Galladnium's

But if you've seen a brown one that's Galladnium's, go for the Blue one, it's 2nd Revised.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galladnium's is a General Gear Book. Lots of Stuff, no specific topic.

Gundark's is a Combat Gear Book. It it goes Boom, it's in here.

Both are considered "Must Haves" by my group (Despite our lacking Galladnium's), with Gundark's just getting the nod for first place.

But then we love to make things go boom.
Kabal
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crell Damar wrote:
I'm pretty sure the Brown one is Gundark's Fantastic Technology, and the blue is Galladnium's

But if you've seen a brown one that's Galladnium's, go for the Blue one, it's 2nd Revised.

Yeah, I've had Gundark's for years, but recently picked up Galladinium's off of Ebay. This is the picture that was displayed:

It looks almost like a hard cover version of the book (which is kinda cool).

What I received was:

Although, apparantly, this is a good thing.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I was never entirely pleased with Galadinum's (the blue one). 85% of the stuff were just knick-knacks that has no real application in any of the games that I've run. Yes, something like the med table or the bacta tank would be pretty cool, but the guns were nothing special, at least nothing that I didn't have in other books. If you have someone who is crazy about useless gear, you could throw them some of this stuff to keep them happy without them going Munchkin on you... but otherwise, I would only pick it up if it were really cheap. I wouldn't pay more than $10 for it.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
If you have someone who is crazy about useless gear, you could throw them some of this stuff to keep them happy without them going Munchkin on you...

Someone like my group!!!

And, no, we're not Munchkins. We just like a little variety to our methods of mass destruction. Some days, it feels like an Explosive day. Others, the more viserial gore of projectile weapons. And somedays, you just have to go with the Traditional Trusty Blaster at your side.

My group would love that book... And just because you can't find any military applications for items... You'd better bet that we would!

Heck... We turned Potatos into weapons!

Well... Instant Potato Flakes, actually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: